Table of Contents
There are many different personalities in the Museum, and many of them offer rewards if you help them out.
|Curator Haig Halen||The Curator can be found walking around the ground floor. He will welcome you to the Museum and tell you any recent news. During The Golem quest, you'll have to pickpocket a key from him (used to steal from Case 30).|
|Information clerk||The Information clerk is found in the northwest corner of the ground floor. She can answer your questions about the Museum, give you a map and she will reward you with experience when you reach certain amounts of Kudos.|
|Museum guard||They stand guard at the entrances to the Digsite cleaning area.|
|Archaeologists (Sinco Doar, Tinse Torpe, Caden Azro, Thias Leacke, Marius Giste, Barnabus Hurma)||The archaeologists are found on the ground floor, in the Dig Site cleaning area. You can show them items that you find while cleaning Digsite rocks. You can trade them the Jewelery you find for 5 gp each. See the Museum Kudos section for more details.|
|Historian Minas||He can be found on the second floor, right beside the stairs. Talk to him to tell stories of your quests. See the Museum Kudos section for more details.|
|Orlando Smith||He can be found in the basement of the Museum, near the stairs. Talk to him to begin the quiz, and once you've completed it, talk to him for 1000 xp in Hunter and Slayer.|
|Natural historian||These are found walking around in the basement. Talk to them for more information on the exhibits.|
|Jacques||Jacques is an art critic found on the top floor of the Museum, examining a painting of King Lathas.|
|Torrcs and Marfet||Torrc and Marfet are two adventures that can be found on the second floor.|
|Teachers, Pupils, and Schoolchildren||You can find these walking around the Museum, enjoying the many exhibits.|
|Mr. Mordaut||Mr. Mordaut is a dragon who also happens to be the museum's Professor of Unnatural History. He is found in his office through the door in the back of the basement stairs.|
Museum Kudos are the reward for helping out the Museum. In recent months the Museum's specialist field archaeologists have discovered an ancient island, largely untouched since the God Wars, positively littered with the remains of long-dead species. If your Kudos are high enough (100+) when they finish building a safe passage to the island, you may well find yourself invited to share your expertise. To see how the construction of the barge and canal is getting on, head over to the land just north of the Dig Site.
There are five ways to earn Museum Kudos:
- Archaeology: Add to exhibits on the first floor by cleaning rocks brought from the Digsite. (50 Kudos)
- History: Give Historian Minas (2nd floor) information about past quests. (95 Kudos)
- Natural History: Talk to Orlando Smith in the basement and answer the quizzes at each display stand. (28 Kudos)
- Dahmaroc Statue: Complete the Dharmaroc statue on the ground floor by collecting all 15 pairs of Strange Rocks through skilling and add them to the Statue plinth. For more information, see our Shattered Heart guide. (10 Kudos)
- Talk to Mr. Mordaut after completing Dragonkin related quests and tasks. (15 Kudos)
The current maximum amount of Museum Kudos is 198. Your Kudos are displayed in the top right corner of your screen when you're inside the Museum. The Information clerk on the main floor will reward you in certain skills after you receive Kudos. (Smithing, Hunter, Crafting, Prayer, and Slayer.)
In order to earn kudos by means of archeology, you need to have completed
The Dig Site quest. Get Leather boots, Leather gloves, a Trowel, a Specimen brush, and a Rock pick from the tool case in the Dig Site cleaning area. Take an Uncleaned find (you may only hold one at a time) from the Dig Site specimen rocks and use it on a specimen table.
Doing this will reveal the item inside. Certain items, listed below, are valuable and when shown to the archeologists they'll tell you to add them to a display case.
Most items aren't valuable and you can either give them to an archaeologist for 5gp or put in a Storage crate for a random item (ores, bones, fletching items, weaponry, coins). Putting items in the Storage crate might also reward you with an Antique Lamp that gives 500xp.
You will be rewarded with 10 Kudos for rare specimens. The specimens considered rare are:
|Item name||Image||Case number|
While cleaning specimens, you may also find a Clean necklace. Show this to one of the archaeologists and they will teach you how to enchant Ruby Necklaces, giving them 5 teleports to the Dig Site.
You may also accidentally destroy the rock. If this happens just take another from the pile.
After completing certain quests, you can give Historian Minas information about them. He'll reward you with Museum Kudos (5) and sometimes an Antique Lamp. In total you will receive 75 Kudos and 13k XP from the History section of the Museum.
Quests that you can earn Kudos from are:
- Defender of Varrock
- Demon Slayer
- Ghostly robes (mini-quest)
- Glorious Memories
- The Grand Tree
- Hazeel Cult
- In Aid of the Myreque
- Making History
- Meeting History
- Merlin's Crystal
- Observatory Quest
- Priest in Peril
- Rune Mysteries
- Shield of Arrav
- A Tail of Two Cats
- Temple of Ikov
- What Lies Below (requires Dagon'hai History - found in Varrock Library or in a POH's bookcases)
Mr Mordaut is found in his office through the door behind the basement stairs. Talking to him about the Dragonkin will award Kudos. To receive the full amount of Kudos, you must have done the following:
- Completed A Tail of Two Cats
- Completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Killed the King Black Dragon
- Killed the Queen Black Dragon
Upon providing Mr. Mordaut with the related Dragonkin information, he will give you a Dragonkin lamp which awards 25,000 Slayer XP.
Speak to Orlando Smith in the basement of the Museum, and agree to help him by taking the quizzes. Now, read the plaque beside each exhibit and answer the questions on each creature. You'll need to get 3 questions right to earn Kudos. Don't worry, if you a question wrong you can simply be asked another one. Answering all the quizzes will reward you with 28 Kudos. The natural historians walking around in each area can tell you more about each creature. Once you have answered all the quizzes, go back and talk to Orlando Smith for 1000xp in Slayer and Hunter.
|How long do dragons live?||Unknown.|
|Approximately how many feet tall do dragons stand?||Twelve.|
|What is the favoured territory of a dragon?||Old battle sites.|
|Which of these is not a type of dragon?||Elemental.|
|What is the best defence against a dragon's breath attack?||Anti dragon-breath shield.|
|What is considered a delicacy of dragons?||Runite.|
|What is the ambient temperature of wyvern bones?||Below room temperature.|
|What are the wyverns' closest relations?||Dragons.|
|How did the wyverns die out?||Climate change.|
|Where have wyvern bones been found?||Asgarnia.|
|What genus does the wyvern theoretically belong to?||Reptiles.|
|How many legs does a wyvern have?||Two.|
|How do Morytanian snails capture their prey?||Spitting acid.|
|How do snails move?||Contracting and stretching.|
|What does 'Achatina Acidia' mean?||Acid-spitting snail.|
|What is special about the shell of a giant Morytanian snail?||It is resistant to acid.|
|Which of these is a snail byproduct?||Fireproof oil.|
|What is the 'trapdoor', which snails use to cover the entrance to their shells called?||An operculum.|
|If some snakes use venom to kill their prey, what do other snakes use?||Constriction.|
|Lizards and snakes belong to the same order - what is it?||Squamata.|
|If a snake sticks it tongue out at you, what is it doing?||Seeing how you smell.|
|Which habitat do snakes prefer?||Anywhere.|
|Aside from their noses, what do snakes use to smell?||Tongue.|
|What is snake venom adapted from?||Stomach acid.|
|We assume that sea slugs have a stinging organ on their soft skin - what is it called?||Nematocysts.|
|In what way are sea slugs similar to snails?||They have a hard shell.|
|What do we think the sea slug feeds upon?||Seaweed.|
|Why has the Museum never examined a live sea slug?||The researchers keep vanishing.|
|Off of which coastline would you find sea slugs?||Ardougne.|
|What are the two fangs presumed to be used for?||Defense or display.|
|What color mohawk do Karamjan monkeys have?||Red.|
|Which have a lighter colour: Karamjan or Harmless monkeys?||Harmless.|
|What have Karamjan monkeys taken a deep dislike to?||Seaweed.|
|Which type of primates do monkeys belong to?||Simian.|
|Monkeys love bananas. What else do they like to eat?||Bitternuts.|
|There are two known families of monkeys. One is Karamjan, the other is...?||Harmless.|
|What are kalphites assumed to have evolved from?||Scarab beetles.|
|Are kalphites carnivores, herbivores, or omnivores?||Carnivores.|
|What are the armoured plates on a kalphite called?||Lamellae.|
|Name the prominent figure in kalphite mythology?||Scabaras.|
|What is lowest caste in the kalphite society?||Worker.|
|Kalphites are ruled by a...?||Pasha.|
|How many claws do terrorbirds have?||Four.|
|What is a terrorbird's preferred food?||Anything.|
|How many teeth do terrorbirds have?||0.|
|Who use terrorbirds as mounts.||Gnomes.|
|What do terrorbirds eat to aid digestion?||Stones.|
|Where do terrorbirds get the most of their water?||Eating plants.|
|When do penguins fast?||During breeding.|
|What is the preferred climate for penguins?||Cold.|
|Which skill seems unusual for the penguins to possess?||Planning.|
|Which sense do penguins rely on when hunting?||Sight.|
|How do penguins keep warm?||A layer of fat.|
|Describe the behaviour of penguins.||Social.|
|Why are moles considered to be an agricultural pest?||They dig holes.|
|Which family do moles belong to?||The Talpidae family.|
|Who discovered giant moles?||Wyson the Gardener.|
|What habitat do moles prefer?||Subterranean.|
|What would you call a group of young moles?||A labour.|
|What is a mole's favourite food?||Insects and other invertebrates.|
|Which camel byproduct is known to be very nutritious?||Milk.|
|Camels: herbivore, carnivore, or omnivore?||Omnivore.|
|Where would you find an ugthanki?||Al Kharid.|
|What is produced when feeding chilli to a camel?||Toxic dung.|
|What is the usual mood for a camel?||Annoyed.|
|If an ugthanki has one, how many does a bactrian have?||Two.|
|What contributed to the giant growth of Morytanian leeches?||Environment.|
|Which of these is not eaten by leeches?||Apples.|
|How does a leech change when it feeds?||It doubles in size.|
|What is the favoured habitat of leeches?||Water.|
|What is special about Mortyanian leeches?||They attack by jumping.|
|What shape is the inside of a leech's mouth?||'Y'-shaped.|
|What order do lizards belong to?||Squamata.|
|How does a lizard regulate body heat?||Sunlight.|
|Lizard skin is made of the same substance as?||Hair.|
|How many eyes does a lizard have?||Two.|
|Who discovered how to kill lizards?||The Slayer Masters.|
|What happens when a lizard becomes cold?||It becomes sleepy.|
|Which race breeds tortoises for battle?||Gnomes.|
|What is the name of the oldest tortoise ever recorded?||Mibbiwocket.|
|Name the explorer who discovered the world's oldest tortoise,||Admiral Bake.|
|What is the tortoise's favourite food?||Vegetables.|
|If a tortoise had twenty rings on its shell, how old would it be?||Twenty years.|
|How does the tortoise protect itself?||Hard shell.|
When you reach certain amounts of Kudos, speak to the Information clerk for a reward.
51+ Kudos: 1000 experience in Mining
101+ Kudos: 2500 experience in Crafting and Mining
151+ Kudos: 4000 experience in Crafting, Hunter, Prayer, Slayer, and Smithing
Also, once you reach 100 Kudos, the Museum promises to invite you to the recently discovered island, once the canal barge is complete.
On the top floor of the Museum, you will find a Mysterious cape surrounded by a red rope and guarded by a Museum guard. This is the Completionist cape. You can investigate the cape to see how many of the requirements you have left to complete and if you have completed them all, you can purchase the cape from the guard for 5,000,000 coins.
The full list of requirements for the cape is as follows:
- All skills at maximum level; 120 Dungeoneering, Slayer, and Invention, 99 in all other skills.
- Completed all Quests.
- Completed all Tasks.
- Unlocked Spell: Bones to Peaches (Mage Training Arena).
- Unlocked Spell: Tune Bane Ore (Ritual of the Mahjarrat).
- Unlocked all 11 Livid Farm spells.
- Earn all Varrock Museum Kudos.
- Unlock all pieces of music.
- Completed Hopespear's Will miniquest.
- Completed The Lair of Tarn Razorlor miniquest.
- Completed Returning Clarence miniquest.
- Reached the end of the Stronghold of Player Safety.
- Reached the end of the Stronghold of Security.
- Completed the unabridged Fremennik Sagas.
- Hunt the Thalassus ten times after Deadlist Catch.
- Defeat the Queen Black Dragon and claim the First dragonkin journal.
- Assist Caus the chef and claim his reward after Carnillean Rising.
- Obtain a score of at least 1,111 in round of Big Chinchompa.
- Complete all of the Doric and Boric tasks after What's Mine is Yours.
- Earned "the Annihilator" title by killing all four nihil at once.
- Find all of the memoriam crystals on Freneskae.
- Unlocked Enhanced Yaktwee stick.
- Completed a Tuska Mask.
- Completed any of the following Ports stories: Hyu-Ji, Quin, Eastern Curiosities, or Guardians of the World.
- Completed the Reefwalker's Cape forgotten scroll.
- Completed Mahjarrat Memories miniquest.
- Find all of Bandos's Memories on Yu'Biusk.
- Earned "the Reaper" title by killing every boss at least once.
- Earned "of the Amlodd" title by speaking with Lord Amlodd while having a Light creatures special ability active.
- Earned "of the Cadarn" title by besting 1,000 of Cadarn's Elves in combat.
- Earned "of the Crwys" title by checking the health on an Elder tree.
- Earned "of the Hefin" title by completing 200 laps of the Hefin Agility Course.
- Earned "of the Iorwerth" title by completing eight Dark Beast tasks assigned by Morvran.
- Earned "of the Ithell" title by creating 100 Crystal flasks.
- Earned "of the Meilyr" title by harvesting 50 Harmony Moss.
- Earned "of the Trahaearn" title by Mining and Smithing 100 Corrupted ore.
- Find all memoriam crystals in Prifddinas.
- Help Lord Amlodd in cleansing 15 of each shadow core.
- Reconnect the Prifddinas Spirit tree with her brethren.
- Help Lady Ithell with crystal singing research.
- Find Lady Meilyr's lost potion recipes.
- Make and give Lady Meilyr a Super Melee Potion.
- Clear wave 20 on any difficulty in Rush of Blood.
- Clear wave 20 on platinum difficulty in Rush of Blood.
- Complete Morvran's Slayer challenge.
- Catch one of each impling for Daffyd.
- Find all journal eight pages on the Hefin Agility Course.
- Complete all of Tiny Zemouregal's Achievements in New Varrock during or after Dimension of Disater.
- Obtain all 15 Prawn Perks from your Aquarium.
- Find all thirteen vampyre plushies in Morytania for Lex.
- Completed the memorial for the Myreque and help Veliaf move on.
- Purchased all blueprints for the Invention Technology tree devices.
- Completed Flag Fall.
- Completed Head of the Family.
- Completed Spiritual Enlightenment.
- Completed Jed Hunter.
- Completed Eye for an Eye.
- Completed Harbinger of Doom.
- Completed Tuai Leit's Own.
- Completed Ghost's from the Past.
- Completed Damage Control.
- Completed Final Destination.
- Purchased the 'Waiko Grill', 'Whale's Maw Camp Fire', and 'Whale's Maw Deposit Box' from the Waiko Reward shop.
- Unlocked the first tier of 'Commodity Sell Per Day Increase' from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlocked the first tier of 'Supplies Cap Increase' from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlocked the first tier of 'Contracts Per Day Increase' from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlocked the first tier of 'Supplies Cost Reduction' from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlocked the first tier of 'Commodity Sell Price Increase' from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlocked crystal tool siphon blueprint from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlocked 'Arc journal teletabs' from the Waiko reward shop.
- Activated all Tortle Portals on The Islands That Once Were Turtles.
This Special Report was written by Sir_Brendan. Thanks to Mythiquedame, Jakesterwars, ArnoudX, Clamball, Motion_Man, Simply_Hard, Crypto416, Alfawarlord, Maonzhi, Cedros_Man, Arkayla, Fireball0236, LittleJake07, Duct1, hope 1789, Javezz, Jarkur, burster7, and Sirius XM for corrections.
This Special Report was entered into the database on Mon, Jun 25, 2007, at 01:02:38 PM by Jakesterwars, and it was last updated on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 01:53:54 AM by Numerous One.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!