Table of Contents
- Cooking Items
- How to Cook
- Levels Required to Not Burn Fish
- Dungeoneering Food
- Temporary Level Boosts and Quest Rewards
- Capes of Accomplishment
To cook meat, chicken or fish, simply use the raw item on a fire or Range.
Note: You can deliberately burn things if needed. After you cook them, you can cook them again to see the message "You deliberately burn the nicely cooked meat." No experience is gained for burning meat deliberately.
The table below will show you the foods you can cook, the level requirements to cook them, and how much each food heals.
|Name of Food||Cooked Picture||Cooking level Needed||Constitution level Needed
for Max Heal
|Max Healing of Food||Healing at Entered Constitution level||Number of Bites||Exp Gained|
|Baked potato *||7||N/A||200||200||1||15|
|Roast bird meat *||11||N/A||200||200||1||63|
|Thin snail meat *||12||N/A||300||300||1||65|
|Roast rabbit *||16||16||400**||300**||1||72|
|Spider on stick *||16||N/A||400||400||1||80|
|Lean snail meat *||17||N/A||425||425||1||80|
|Nettle tea *||20||N/A||400||400||1||52|
|Cooked crab meat *||21||N/A||525||525||5||100|
|Roast beast meat *||21||21||525**||300**||1||82.5|
|Fat snail meat *||22||N/A||550||550||1||95|
|Bacon stack *||24||20||500**||300**||1||88|
|Cooked slimy eel *||28||N/A||700||700||1||95|
|Cooked sweetcorn||28||N/A||10% of Life Points||10% of Life Points||1||104|
|Mud pie *||29||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||128|
|Cooked chompy *||30||30||750**||300**||1||140|
|Cooked karambwan *||30||30||750**||300**||1||190|
|Cooked fishcake *||31||N/A||700||700||1||100|
|Bacon pile *||34||28||700**||300**||1||108|
|Garden pie *||34||N/A||850||850||2||138|
|Jug of wine||35||N/A||875||875||1||200|
|Rainbow fish *||35||35||875**||300**||1||121|
|Cave eel *||38||38||950**||300**||1||115|
|Potato with butter *||39||39||975**||300**||1||95|
|Chilli potato *||41||50||1250**||300**||1||165.5|
|Cooked jubbly *||41||41||1025**||300**||1||160|
|Bacon heap *||44||36||900**||300**||1||135|
|Fish pie *||47||N/A||1174||1174||2||164|
|Potato with cheese *||47||47||1175**||300**||1||199.5|
|Cooked oomlie wrap *||50||45||1125**||300**||1||40|
|Egg potato *||51||55||1375**||300**||1||195.5|
|Desert Sole *||52||58||1450**||300**||1||142.5|
|Lava eel *||53||53||1325**||300**||1||30|
|Bacon mound *||54||44||1100**||300**||1||158|
|Pitta bread *||58||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||40|
|Ugthanki kebab *||58||N/A||???||???||1||120|
|Mushroom potato *||64||80||2000**||300**||1||270.5|
|Pineapple pizza *||65||N/A||1624||1624||2||197|
|Tuna potato *||68||85||2125**||300**||1||309.5|
|Admiral pie *||70||N/A||1750||1750||2||210|
|Green blubber jellyfish *||72||20||500**||255**||3||165|
|Baron shark *||80||N/A||2100||2100||1||210|
|Sea turtle *||82||82||2050**||300**||1||211.3|
|Great maki *||84||N/A||2100||2100||1||150|
|Great white shark *||84||84||2100**||300**||1||212|
|Wild pie *||85||85||2125**||300**||2||240|
|Wilder pie *||90||10||2200**||1100**||2||250|
|Cooked Pekin *||91||N/A||200||200||1||30|
|Fish oil *||91||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||100|
|Great gunkan *||91||N/A||2850||2850||1||180|
|Manta ray *||91||91||2275**||300**||1||216.3|
|Rocktail soup *||93||96||2400**||300**||1||500|
|Arc gumbo *||94||?||2225 **||2225 **||1||130|
|Blue blubber jellyfish *||95||40||750**||255**||3||235|
|Summer pie *||95||95||2375**||300**||2||260|
|Tiger shark *||95||95||2375**||300**||1||230|
|Shark soup *||96||?||2350 **||300 **||1||240|
|Wobbegong oil *||96||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||240|
|Sailfish *||99||?||2400 **||300 **||1||270|
|Sailfish soup *||99||?||2600 **||300 **||1||600|
* = Members Only Items.
** = Healing amount is dependant on your Constitution level.
Additional miscellaneous info: if you burn a pizza, you get a "rebate" boost of an additional 74 xp for the next two pizzas you make (180 xp for each of next two pizzas versus regular 143 xp, which is 37 xp additional for each pizza). This "rebate" does not seem to occur on anything else.
Meat and anchovy pizza xp shown is just for adding topping to an existing cooked pizza. Chocolate cake xp is just for adding chocolate to existing cake.
The experience given for potatoes includes making all the toppings. So to get the full experience from, say, a tuna potato, you would have to cook the tuna, cook the sweetcorn, make the topping, bake the potato, and then place the topping on the potato.
- Pick some grain, and take it to the windmill to make flour.
- You will need to use a pot to pick up the flour you have made.
- Buy a bucket, jug, or bowl, and fill it with water from a sink or fountain.
- Mix the flour and water to make some bread dough.
- Cook the dough by using it with a stove.
- Mix flour and water to make some pastry dough.
- Place the dough in an empty pie dish.
- Use your choice of filling with the empty pie.
- Redberry Pie:
- Add a redberry to fill your pie.
- Apple Pie:
- Add a cooking apple to fill your pie.
- Meat Pie:
- Add a piece of cooked meat to fill your pie.
- Mud Pie:
- Add a bucket of compost to your pie shell.
- Add a bucket of water to the pie.
- Add some dry clay to finish your pie.
- Garden Pie (+3 farming when eaten):
- Add a tomato to your pie shell.
- Add an onion to the pie.
- Add a cabbage to finish your pie.
- Fish Pie (+3 fishing when eaten):
- Add a cooked trout to your pie shell.
- Add a cooked cod to the pie.
- Add a potato to finish your pie.
- Admiral Pie (+5 fishing when eaten):
- Add a cooked salmon to your pie shell.
- Add a cooked tuna to the pie.
- Add a potato to finish your pie.
- Wild Pie (+5 ranged and slayer when eaten):
- Add a piece of raw bear meat to your pie shell.
- Add a raw chompy to the pie.
- Add a raw rabbit to finish your pie.
- Summer Pie (+5 agility when eaten):
- Add a strawberry to your pie shell.
- Add a watermelon to the pie.
- Add an apple to finish your pie.
- Redberry Pie:
- Cook the pie by using it with a stove.
- Mix flour, eggs, milk together in a cake tin.
- Cook the cake by using it with a stove.
- Buy some chocolate and add it to the cake, to make Chocolate Cake.
- Obtain a bowl, and fill it with water from a sink or fountain.
- Pick a potato and place it in the bowl.
- Cook some meat and place it in the bowl.
- Cook the stew by using it with a stove or fire.
- Make some uncooked stew (see Stew description).
- Before cooking the stew add 1 Spice (bought or thieved from Spice stall in Ardougne market square), or 3 Curry leaves.
- Cook the curry by using it with a stove or fire.
- Fill a jug with water.
- Use grapes with the jug of water.
- Wait until the wine ferments.
- Wine will ferment when left in your inventory or the bank.
- Mix flour and water to make a pizza base.
- Buy a tomato and add it to the pizza.
- Buy some cheese and add it to the pizza.
- Cook the pizza by using it with a stove.
- Add your choice of topping to the pizza.
- You can find Oomlie Birds (lvl 45 - look like brown chickens) inside Kharazi Jungle. The Kharazi jungle is the area you explore while doing the Legends quest (you can't enter the jungle unless you're doing or did the Legends quest). It's the most southern part of Karamja Island.
- Kill an Oomlie Bird. It will drop a Raw Oomlie Meat which looks just like a raw chicken.
- Go to the totem pole (if you did the Legends quest - you'll know what it is) which can be found on the western part of the jungle (not on the shore) or look near the Water Pool. You should see a big tree near it with the option to shake it.
- Shake the tree. A Palm leaf will appear on the ground.
- Use the leaf on the Raw oomlie meat to wrap it up.
- Cook the Oomlie wrap on a fire or range. (Unwrapped Oomlie will always burn.)
Oomlie wraps heal 140 Life Points.
- You can find Ugthankis (lvl 42 - look like camels) wandering the desert south of Shantay Pass. This is located south of Al Kharid.
- Kill an Ugthanki. It will drop a Raw ugthanki meat which looks just like raw meat.
- Cook your raw Ugthanki meat on a fire or range.
- Get knife, bowl, tomato and onion.
- Use onion and tomato on bowl to get onion and tomato mix.
- Add cooked ugthanki meat with the mixture.
- Get flour and water, make pitta dough.
- Cook the Pitta dough.
- Use pitta bread on kebab mix to finish kebab.
Ugthanki kebabs heal 190 Life Points.
- Fill a bowl with water.
- Put some picked nettles into the bowl of water.
- Boil the nettle-water by using it with a range or a fire.
- Use the bowl of nettle tea with a cup.
- If you take milk, use a bucket of milk on it.
- Bake a potato on a range.
- Add a pat of butter to your potato, as it always precedes other toppings.
- Add one of the following toppings to your potato. You can find out how to make toppings in the Potato Toppings and Ingredients section.
For a potato with chilli-con-carne, add a bowl of chilli-con-carne to your potato.
For a potato with cheese, add a slice of cheese to your potato.
For a potato with egg and tomato, add a scrambled eggs and tomato topping to your potato.
For a potato with mushroom and onion, add a bowl of mushrooms and onions to your potato.
For a potato with tuna and sweetcorn, add a tuna-and-sweetcorn topping to your potato.
Potato Toppings and Ingredients (Members only)
- Dairy Products
- Get a bucket of milk and churn it into either cream, butter, or cheese. Churns may be found in various places throughout RuneScape.
- Cream can be churned into butter or cheese, and butter can be churned into cheese.
- Use Gnome Spice and Garlic on a bowl to make Spicy Sauce; yields 25 EXP per Spicy Sauce made.
- Add in a piece of Meat while having a knife in your inventory to make your topping.
- Scrambled Egg and Tomato
- Add an Egg and a Tomato to separate bowls with a knife in your inventory.
- Cook the Bowl of Eggs on a range or a fire to make Scrambled Eggs; this yields 50 EXP per egg.
- Use the Bowl of Tomatoes with the Bowl of Scrambled Eggs to make your topping.
- Mushroom and Onions
- Add an Onion and a Mushroom to different bowls while holding a knife in your inventory.
- Cook your Bowl of Onions and Bowl of Mushroom on a fire or a range to fry them; this yields 60 EXP per onion or Mushroom fried.
- Use the Bowl of Onions on the Bowl of Mushrooms to make your topping.
- Tuna and Sweetcorn
- Add a cooked Tuna to a bowl.
- Add a cooked Sweetcorn to the bowl to finish your topping.
Levels Required to Not Burn Fish
|Type of Food||Cooking Fire/Range||Cooking gauntlets||Cook-o-matic
|Cooked slimy eel||58||-||-|
Within the dungeons of Daemonheim there are several fish based foods used to heal yourself. Below you will find a list of the fish themselves as well as the various potatoes that can be made. When cooking food in Dungeoneering, be aware that the higher the tier Wood used, the lower your chances are to burn the food being cooked. This applies both to fires made on the floor as well as within a range; cooking on a range increases your odds of not burning your food. And while fish can be cooked on either type of fire, potatoes can only be made on a range.
Remember to always right-click when creating food as many of the items are edible.
|Raw Fish||Level to Catch/Cook||Experience||Heals||Member's only|
Temporary Level Boosts and Quest Rewards
When cooking on a player created bonfire, you get a 10% cooking xp boost. This bonfire can be created by you or by another player.
Cooking gauntlets can be used to reduce the chance of burning what you are cooking.
For more information on how to boost your level, see the Temporary Stat Leveling Techniques special report.
For experience rewards from quests, see the Quest Experience Guide special report.
Once you have achieved level 99, you may visit the Head chef to purchase a Cooking cape for 99,000 Coins.
Once you have achieved level 120, the Head chef will sell you the Cooking master cape for 120,000 Coins.
Note: You need to wear a Chef's hat, or have accomplished the Hard Varrock Achievement Diary tasks, to enter the Cooks' Guild.
Note that as of December 2018, another one of Mod Daze's Easter Eggs have been found. This enables you to purchase a Skillcape for half price (only from the Head chef, not Elen) if you are wearing a Ring of Charos (a). Be aware that "Half price" is 92,000 Coins as the experience at level 92 is approximately half way to level 99.
This Skill Guide was written by MrStormy and Cav103. Thanks to Mystix88, Skatey, kemo5960, diamondi3ack, GoldenEvil, stormer, bernas, Firkl'ver, xDragonfirex, Sporhund, Shaw, limozeen_300, evomasta, iamme, Shinraz, Keystone, bilbo_matic2, Binsy2004, Alientech, Giac_Jr, pokemama, bilbo2460, DRAVAN, pcon2009, boyboy126, Skulldent1, Egekalaycan, Motion Man, AmanDpunk, Im4eversmart, pingu head, Aakanaar, YesM8, dragarth, Shinraz, creepybacon, sir karamu, Tennerel, wikedwitch, TheRulnig, Zevenberge, ZappaFan, Rundh, Shinraz, Nuke-Marine, saturn16v, ossie000, sir karamu, Aakanaar, poj7326, Oblivion590, mstreefland, brainymidget, jay_freak, luckybucket, rayquaza_zer, i joshb306 i, Jakesterwars, Theekid2001, Werdnanoslen, Sinny, Scott, Ruth Jaxom, Lord Barimus, Mimz, Kona rider69, Jarkur, South Texas, Zing101, RdRanger2020, and homie1kinobi for corrections.
This Skill Guide was entered into the database on Tue, Apr 27, 2004, at 12:46:37 AM by Cav103 and Monkeymatt, and it was last updated on Fri, Dec 14, 2018, at 09:14:53 PM by Chath.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!
Print this page with images - Back to the Skill Guide Index Page - Back to Top