After you have completed the Making History quest, you can use the Enchanted key to find treasure around RuneScape. The Enchanted key will change temperature as you get closer or farther away from buried treasures.
- Freezing: You have a long ways to go.
- Cold: You are getting closer, but are still far away.
- Warm: You are halfway there.
- Very hot: Shouldn't be too much further.
- Ouch! It's burning: You are very close to the chest.
- Steaming: This stage means to dig under your feet for the chest.
Notes: The Guthix mjolnir can usually be found on the Western side of Runescape, the Saradomin mjolnir can be found in the middle, and the Zamorak mjolnir can be found in the Eastern side. The order that you visit each of these locations is RANDOM, and your key will disintegrate once you have visited them all.
South of the Ardougne Zoo:
West of the Al Kharid Duel Arena. (The Zamorak mjolnir is found here):
Gnome Stronghold, near the bank:
West of the Gnome Stronghold entrance:
South of Port Sarim:
South-West of Falador (The Saradomin mjolnir is found here):
South-East of Ice Mountain:
West of the Center of the Grand Exchange:
South of Varrock, near the Digsite. (The Guthix mjolnir is found here):
South-East of the Rellekka entrance:
How to find the Buried Treasures:
We are going to call the point at which you start at while searching in a particular direction for the treasure the "base".
- Start by clicking the special key.
- Choose a direction (see arrows above), move one square, and then use the key again.
- If it says colder, go back to your "base" and repeat step 2, only this time in a different direction. If it say warmer, keep walking in that direction while clicking the key.
- When it no longer says "getting warmer", you have reached a new "base", so pick a new direction and repeat step 2.
- Once the key is steaming, dig with the spade to get the chest and reward.
- After you get a reward, teleport to a new location and set up another "base", repeating steps 1-6.
The New Items:
You can get the God spears, or mjolnirs, from the chests.
Note: After all the locations are visited, your key will dissolve! There is no way to get a replacement, so keep in mind you can't get another God spear if you trade yours away by digging one up again.
This Old School Mini Quest Guide was written by Oblivion590. Thanks to halk 5, samwilliamh, Achilles, sksfrontiers, reizero90, Dhreal, sugarsugar3, spartan1137, Im4eversmart, DarkPyroNinja, se7en ofclub, Spyroroy, and McSwindler for corrections.
This Old School Mini Quest Guide was entered into the database on Tue, Nov 22, 2005, at 04:30:58 PM by Im4eversmart, and it was last updated on Sun, Feb 19, 2017, at 09:16:10 PM by DarkPyroNinja.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!