- Speak to Darren Lightfinger once more. This time his plan is to make the Guild official. Unfortunately, the guild expansion has left the coffers a smidge empty, but Darren has a plan. You will need to infiltrate the Registry, steal the contents of their vault and use that money to pay for the Thieves' Guild registration fee. He also suggests speaking with Chief Thief Robin for help with a disguise.
- Speak to Robin about this caper and he will tell you that he knows of a potion that will cause the Registrar's eyes to water when nearby, thus creating a disguise for you. To create this potion you will need to use Clean irit on a Vial of water and add Chopped onion. You will then need to give the potion to Robin so he can activate it.
- With your Vial of stench, any Blackjack (excluding Rubber blackjack), and a Lockpick, travel to East Ardougne. The Guild Registry can be found South-East of the Market. Go inside and talk to the Registrar; be sure to ask her about the clicking. She'll tell you that it's a clock that she can wind the time on with her key. Steal the Cuckoo clock key from her and go to the clock.
- These next few actions will need to be done rapidly...
- Wind the clock (yellow)
- Once the Registrar is in the room, Lure the guard
- Stand behind the guard and knock him out
- Steal the Lever key from him
- Walk to the lever (blue) and pull it
- This will cause the trapdoor in the South West corner (red) to open, climb down the ladder into the vault
- You will now find yourself in the vault, but it seems that the Registrar and the guard are aware that you are there so they will lock you in. Pick the lock on the vault door then check the chest for traps (you will need to Right-click for both of these options). Failing to check the chest will spring the trap and injure you. Upon successfully opening the chest, you will obtain the bonds you came for. Investigate the single box beneath the vent to find the alternate exit.
- Go to the nearby bank and store your Vial of stench then return to the Guild Registry. You will tell her that you have the Guild's dues and she will insist she has "one of your members trapped in the vault". After asking what the culprit looks like, she will admit she is not entirely sure and agree that it could just be a freelance thief before accepting the Guild's dues. She will make note of it then say that they have a thief to chastise and you will quickly excuse yourself.
- Return to Darren in the newly official Thieves' Guild and tell him that the caper has been completed. He will prepare to give a speech, but you will choose to leave before he can begin. Your screen will black out and you will appear at the trap door - Mission complete.
This Miniquest Guide was written by ChathMurrpau.
This Miniquest Guide was entered into the database on Thu, Jan 16, 2020, at 04:57:45 PM by Alk12, and it was last updated on Mon, Jan 20, 2020, at 08:03:35 PM by Alk12.
If anything is incorrect or missing, or if you have any new information to submit to this database, please submit it to us on our Content Submissions Forums.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!