Lodestone - Must be activated once in order to use. Found at the South Gate and is an excellent way to arrive to the city.
Varrock Teleport - Magic level 25 or higher and uses 3 Air rune, 1 Fire rune, and 1 Law rune.
Skills necklace and Combat bracelet - These pieces of jewelry can be used to visit the Cooks' Guild and Champions' Guild, respectively. Each one will last four charges.
Canoe system - This transportation system allows travel to several landing points along the River Lum. All cutting stations are found on the East side of the river. The distance you can travel depends on the type of canoe you make, which in turn depends on your Woodcutting level. It is possible to travel both up and down the river.
Hot Air Balloon Transport System - South of the Lumber Yard, North East of Varrock. Requires completion of Enlightened Journey, the location to have been traveled to once before via this method, 40 Firemaking, and 1 Willow log.
Spirit tree - A magical Spirit Tree can be found within the Grand Exchange, North East of the market area. Use of this requires completion of Tree Gnome Village.
Fairy Ring - These strange rings of fungi were created by the fairies long ago and can teleport you to various locations either by right clicking and choosing your destination or by traveling to Zanaris (Lost City) before continuing on. Use of this requires completion of at least A Fairy Tale Part I - Growing Pains. At this stage you will still need to use a Dramen or Lunar staff. If you complete A Fairy Tale Part III - Battle at Orks Rift, the staff will no longer be necessary. The closest ring to Varrock is code D-K-R.
Gnome Gliders - These strange gnomish inventions are capable of transporting players to several areas across Gielinor. Use of these require completion of The Grand Tree.
Table of Contents
In an attempt to not clutter the map more, the item spawns will be listed below with a brief description of where they can be found.
- 5 Doogle leaves behind Gertrude’s house, there is also a bush where you can harvest more
- Cooking guild:
- Knife and Spade upstairs in the general store
- Empty pot in Blue Moon Inn kitchen
- Leather body and 2 Logs in the building South West of Auburys Rune Shop
- Jug and Cup of tea by the Tea seller
- Thread in the Jolly Boar Inn kitchen
- 9 Logs around the sawmill, one is only accessible via Telegrab
- 5 Bones in the digsite
- Panning tray in the South area of the digsite
- Pie dish in the castle kitchen
- 2 Buckets in the North East corner on the 2nd floor of the castle
- Body rune West of the castle
- Wooden shield and Earth Rune North of the castle
- 2 Bones with the Grizzly bear North of the Castle
The larger groups of monsters are indicated on the map, however, several of these monsters can also be found wandering within the city limits, around the city, and within the local dungeons.
- Barbarian Woman
- Bear (Black and Grizzly)
- Black Knight
- Dark wizard (11 and 30)
- Deadly red spider
- Giant Rat (9, 10, 14)
- Giant Spider (4, 33, 39)
- Man (2 and 4)
- Moss Giant
- Woman (2 and 4)
- Zombie (12 and 29)
These locations are listed in pink numbers upon the map.
- Shortcut to/from Grand Exchange – 21 Agility required
- Canoe station
- Fairy Ring D-K-R
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Air Runecrafting Altar
- Solomon's General Store, Well of Goodwill, and Trial Announcer
- Spirit Tree
- Varrock Sewers
- South West Mine
- Shortcut to/from Lumbridge – 13 Agility required
- Yew and Elder trees, and the South East Mine
- Bright Wisp colony
- The Senntisten digsite
- Tree Gnome Glider
- Chaos Tunnels
- Earth Runecrafting Altar and Hot Air Balloon
This Map was written by ChathMurrpau. Thanks to Previous Guide Writers: LogGamer and Thedarkblitz, as well as Fireball0236, watsermetjou, Alfawarlord, Skeletonmat, Maonzhi and Thehi
This Map was entered into the database on Sun, Dec 11, 2005, at 07:50:35 PM by Switcher, and it was last updated on Tue, Dec 12, 2017, at 03:46:28 AM by ChathMurrpau.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!