- Make your way to the Digsite southeast of Varrock and then search the bookcases in the Exam Centre to find a Beaten Book. Read it and a scroll should appear. Keep the book. If you drop it, you cannot complete the quest without getting another (Because it is used to make the Elemental Helm). Before you continue you need to read the Scroll.
- Now head over to the Elemental Workshop in Seers Village and go through the odd looking wall using your battered old key (if you lost yours, search the bookcase in the house directly south).
- Go north and then search the machinery near the Water elementals. You should find a key.
- Now go back to the center of the dungeon, where you first entered, and you will see a hatch. Use the key you just found to open it and go down.
- In this new area you will notice that there are four machines that need repairing. The machines are the tank, the press, the crane, and the wind tunnel. Search all the crates on this new floor to find a Large cog, a Medium cog, a Small cog, a Crane schematic, a Lever schematic, and a Pipe. Read both schematics before proceeding to the next step.
Note: Some of the items may be located upstairs on the catwalk. The catwalk can be accessed by the stairs in the northeastern and soutwestern corners. Search the boxes to find the item which you didn't found downstairs.
- To fix the pipes, go upstairs on the catwalk and then use the pipe you found with the broken piping to the north.
- To fix the press, head west upstairs and open the junction box. Connect the top left socket to the bottom right socket, connect the top middle socket to the top right socket, and then connect the bottom left socket to the bottom middle socket.
Return to the main floor of the workshop, and use one of the Elemental bars on the workbench to smith a Crane claw.
Go back down the hatch and walk over to the the old crane to the south. Now, pull the lever to the west of the crane and use the Crane claw with the old crane to repair it.
- To fix the wind tunnel, head east and use the Large cog on the far right pin, the Medium Cog on the lower left pin, and the Small cog on the upper left pin. After doing this, head back to the crane.
- Next pull the lever to the north below the mine cart sign until the Jig cart is below the crane. Now place your second Elemental bar on the Jig cart.
- Pull the lever to the west of the Jig Cart twice to make the claw pick up the bar. Now pull the lever to the east of the Jig Cart once to swing it over the lava. Pull the lever to the west of the Jig Cart twice more to dip it in the lava, then pull the lever to the east to bring it back over the Jig Cart. Finally, pull the lever to the west to drop it on the Jig Cart.
- Pull the lever to the north below the mine cart to bring the cart around to the stamp machine. Pull the nearby lever to flatten the bar, then move the cart onto the next machine.
- Head to the north and then open the tank doors using the old lever. Now turn the corkscrew lever twice. After that, close the tank door using the old lever and then turn the west water valve, then the east water valve, then the west one again. Once the bar has turned blue and the water has been drained, pull the old lever, turn the corkscrew lever twice, then pull the old lever again.
- Move the bar on the next machine and then pull the nearby lever. The machine will blow air on the bar and turn it white. Turn off the fan by pulling the lever again, then move the bar back to the crane. Pick it up and you will have a Primed bar.
- Go downstairs another level and then open the Mind doors.
- Now head to the center and then use the Primed bar with the extractor gun. Operate the Extractor Hat and then remove the Primed mind Bar.
- Take the bar back upstairs and make a Elemental mind helm out of it.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
The Elemental mind helmet gives a +6 Magic defence bonus, and is tradable. You can now make Elemental mind shields as well, which give a +9 Magic defence bonus, and are also tradable.
To make Elemental mind shields: You need a Prime mind bar and you need to get a Slashed book from the house where you start The Elemental Workshop I quest. Once you have it, go smith the bar into a shield.
This Old School Quest Guide was written by Scorchy_Devil, Have_A_Nice_Day. Thanks to Meowmix686, Seethru, Magic, Alk12, Budmash, sam10187, MrDusty, Blazedman, PhilBear, Im4eversmart, LogGamer, Cjdead, Phantom Fox, and ImSquiffy for corrections.
This Old School Quest Guide was entered into the database on Mon, Oct 02, 2006, at 02:47:30 PM by Im4eversmart, and it was last updated on Fri, Dec 09, 2016, at 02:38:38 PM by Jarkur.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!