- Go to the house southwest of the bank in Seers' village and search the bookcase on the east wall to find a Battered book. After you read the Battered book, use your knife on the book and you will get a Battered key. Do not drop the Battered book, you will need it later to make the Elemental Shield.
- Go to the building north which has a anvil in it and use the key on the Odd Looking Wall. Then go down the stairs.
A map of the places for some of the next steps:
- When you're in, go down the west path and try and mine a rock. You will be attacked by an level 35 Earth elemental. Kill the Earth elemental and it will drop an Elemental ore, pick it up.
Head into the northern room where you'll find a Water wheel which needs to be restarted. To do so, turn the Water controls on the east side and then the west side and the red indicators on them should turn green. Now pull the lever next to the wheel and it will start working again.
- After that go to the east passage and fix the bellows. This is where the leather, thread and needle comes in. When the bellows have been fixed pull the switch. (You can also find some leather in the crates in the room).
- Search the small crate in the northeast part of the central room and you will find a Stone bowl. When you find it, go down the south passage.
Use the bowl on the Lava trough to fill it with lava.
Use the lava filled bowl on the nearby furnace to relight it. Once done, use your Elemental ore and 4 pieces of Coal on the furnace to smelt an Elemental bar.
Now go back to the center and use your Elemental metal on the Workbench. You will need to have the Battered book in your inventory to make the shield or it will tell you that you need instructions.
When you've made the Elemental shield you've completed the quest.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
This Old School Quest Guide was written by pj. Thanks to IglooGuy, Hagge, Angelinblack, Shinraz, villike, Nitr021, wackyax16, jdude720, my_mulisha, Xjezusx1, beaverboy40, jakesterwars, cafetero, Im4eversmart, dragon mom30, Mad Maxed, Cjdead, Seacars, Supremacy, Olllivander, Sir Buba, and Rednar for corrections.
This Old School Quest Guide was entered into the database on Wed, Jun 02, 2004, at 06:22:07 PM by Cav103 and CJH, and it was last updated on Sun, Jul 05, 2015, at 12:01:42 AM by Jarkur.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!