Sign in to follow this  
Shaleclaw

Mafia 6--In the Wild, Wild West! [Outlaws Win]

Indeed, that's what he means, mafia gets 1, we accidentally kill 1.

So yeah, we might as well wait at least 12 or so hours for everyone to post. Granted, if there are inactives, they'll probably get a warning or something or just kicked.

Do we have a set policy on inactivity and Mafia games?

Sweetheart.png

I don't think there is any policy.

It's either someone not paying attention, or someone intentionally staying quiet.

Oh right I see thanks :D

Well a few games ago we did have some inactive players that we decided to lynch suspecting they were mafia because there wasn't many kills that time. But they won somehow anyway ;)

I'm off to bed now almost 2am here. See ya tomorrow. If there is more evidence by the time I come back, we'll see :D

user1-light.png

Just checking in.

@Shale, Should be a fun game, good theme. Even though McSwindler point #2 is true, think we can all overlook that in order to have something different than most games.

Awards

@Shale, Should be a fun game, good theme. Even though McSwindler point #2 is true, think we can all overlook that in order to have something different than most games.

lol, yeah. If I were posting this as a fiction story, I would have just gotten clubbed by my reviewers for allowing something so obvious into my story. Oh well, as you said, I think it will be a fun game. I always wanted to have a western mafia game! :P

Guest Crablogger

Guys, no vote is useless. We don't get any evidence and we don't get any kills. I'm just going to quote myself from a previous game:

Right. We have two options, random lynch or no vote. Lynch may kill a mafia or townsperson, but since townspeople are the majority of the population, it's more likely to be a townsperson that we kill, and more importantly, possibly the detective or doctor. Also, since this is the first day, the detective wouldn't be able to role-claim to say what they found the previous night, because even if we all trusted him and didn't lynch him, the mafia would certainly kill him that night, so their role would be wasted. The same goes for the doctor, except that he cannot or should not role-claim. No vote is even worse, since it gives us very little evidence and we lose one of our number.

Random lynch is usually the best option. Claudia doesn't want to lynch anyone, but that's not something the Mafia are very likely to say, since they want kills. Killing an inactive person could work... but the Mafia are watching this topic too, so they'll see that we might be going to do that, and become active, so I'd think we'd get less of a chance of killing one than with a random lynch. I think we should random lynch, but that's just me. Holding my vote for now.

Guest Crablogger

Also, having just skimmed through the thread, I misremembered what some people said. :P Claudia doesn't want to lynch anyone yet is what I intended to say.

Yeehaw fellas! We're gonna defend this here town. Ain't no way no bandit outlaws are gonna disturb our peace!

On a more grammatically correct note...

Guys, no vote is useless. We don't get any evidence and we don't get any kills. I'm just going to quote myself from a previous game:

Random lynch is usually the best option. Claudia doesn't want to lynch anyone, but that's not something the Mafia are very likely to say, since they want kills. Killing an inactive person could work... but the Mafia are watching this topic too, so they'll see that we might be going to do that, and become active, so I'd think we'd get less of a chance of killing one than with a random lynch. I think we should random lynch, but that's just me. Holding my vote for now.

Actually, if nobody lynched, the mafia would be safer. So...

That's a good point, we could lynch an inactive who doesn't reply before the day is nearly over.

And Varunky said he'd be gone today, so we don't wanna lynch him for inactivity.

Guest Crablogger
Actually, if nobody lynched, the mafia would be safer.

The chances of lynching a Mafia member are small, they're not at much risk. They want to kill as many people in as short a time as possible, so why not try and get two kills the first day and night instead of one?

The chances of lynching a Mafia member are small, they're not at much risk. They want to kill as many people in as short a time as possible, so why not try and get two kills the first day and night instead of one?

Well then we'd best hope the vigalante isn't... vigalanting...? Because then we'd have 3 deaths a day.

Just got back into my apartment after a long day. Ahem, just mosey'd on inter my cabin after a long day of trav'lin.

Took a bit longer b/c we met up with my girlfriend's (who were also on their way back from a trip) and had dinner at a mall and walked around a bit. Currently unpacking some food my parents sent back with me.

I haven't played this game in ages tbh, but I'll try to stay active.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

Decided I should probably "follow" this topic so that I can get alerts whenever ppl post.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

Aww, you guys started while I was at work. :/

I've had more luck with townies winning games with a lynch on the first day, but those games generally had far fewer people actually posting the first couple of days. No posts makes it harder to pick up clues.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Aww, you guys started while I was at work. :/

I've had more luck with townies winning games with a lynch on the first day, but those games generally had far fewer people actually posting the first couple of days. No posts makes it harder to pick up clues.

True. We might have to random lynch again because there is no evidence on who is mafia.

user1-light.png

Not yet, but at least we have some interaction on the first day.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Alright

Good morning, I just woke up and had breakfast and we already have 3 pages of posts to read through :o

I agree with what crablogger said, if we don't get anyone lynched today, we won't have any 'possible evidence' for a future lynch tomorrow. Meaning that we will have to do a random lynch tomorrow...

I believe the mafia have about 60% chance or more to kill a townie with a role ... :o We could be losing townroles fast!

Anyways, I believe we should start deciding who should be lynched today.

@Shale: how long do days and nights last?

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

Alright

Good morning, I just woke up and had breakfast and we already have 3 pages of posts to read through :o

I agree with what crablogger said, if we don't get anyone lynched today, we won't have any 'possible evidence' for a future lynch tomorrow. Meaning that we will have to do a random lynch tomorrow...

I believe the mafia have about 60% chance or more to kill a townie with a role ... :o We could be losing townroles fast!

Anyways, I believe we should start deciding who should be lynched today.

@Shale: how long do days and nights last?

2. Days will be ~48 hours and Nights will be ~24 hours.

That's what Shale said in his first post :D

user1-light.png

Oh, I must've missed that... thx!

No problem :D

So we decided who we're lynching yet?

user1-light.png

Well if we're doing random lynches, then I'm going to take a leaf from Joey's book in the previous game and use a random number generator to determine my vote.

If we assume players in the order that Shaleclaw placed on his original post;

Player List:

Anthuny

CapuDie

Claudia

Crablogger

Joeythegrape

Kittyhawk

McSwindler

Rhodes

Rose

Ryan

Senug

Sliverdager1

Spartan

Varunky

Then use this random number generator;

random.png

Then the random generator has determined that Ryan should be lynched.

Unfortunately, we're more likely to lynch a town vital role as opposed to a Outlaw. If the Outlaw and townies were split down the even, we'd have a fair chance, but since there is only 4 outlaws (Considering the Cowboy was apart of that 4), we have a 72% chance of lynching one of our own. That's if my math isn't rusty, but regardless were more likely to lynch a town member than a outlaw. I usually agree with what Crab says (if we're on the same team, or dislike what he does if we're opponents :D), and CapuDie had good theories last game, but we're more likely to kill a vital townie so I disagree with both of them on the aspect of a random lynch.

Another important thing to remember this time is we're not just lynching a townie role, we have a 70% chance of killing off one of the 7 beneficial roles (If the vigilante wins with Townies), that we'll need later on.

So, in short, I don't like the idea of a random lynch but I also don't have any other good ideas on how to get started, just note how high the percentages are.

@Rhodes, Joey used that "idea" but Joey was also a Mafia member in that game, random number generators are useless.

Awards

Also, Rhodes, I forgot to mention, that list is the second of two (it's been alphabetized) and if we used the original list, Anthuny would be up for the lynching. See why random numbers don't work?

Awards

Very true, I just thought that it would be an unbiased method of random lynching. I know it's unfair to the first who is out, but then again the mafia could just kill someone and there would still be no trace of why that murder happened, and the thought processes behind it.

I'll redact my vote (if that's possible). Are we agreeing to no vote for the first round?