Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Supremacy : (Oct 23,2014 20:50) I enjoyed the 1m profit from that event. :D
senug : (Oct 23,2014 18:49) Thanks for the Corp event, even though I turned up about half an hour late and got most of the drops, it was fun and with a few people, easily killed :)
senug : (Oct 23,2014 16:10) Corp hmmm??? I might not come to that, or I may be late for it. :D
Sliver : (Oct 23,2014 16:02) RuneHQ Corporeal Beast event starts in 58m! World: 67 FC: Bertie
Alfawarlord : (Oct 23,2014 13:28) yes they are 2 different accounts with separate stats, though you use the same login details
RoseOfTheRaven : (Oct 23,2014 12:52) Are characters in old school runescape seperate from the current runescape?
RoseOfTheRaven : (Oct 23,2014 12:50) I did, was only replying to what he said
Bazzy : (Oct 23,2014 12:50) I think the addition showing them what topic, is making people think they can use the shoutbox to find help with partner quests.
Bazzy : (Oct 23,2014 12:49) Guys please, The shoutbox is NOT for partner requests. Please use the topic and await contact on there.
RoseOfTheRaven : (Oct 23,2014 12:37) drink i can do heroes with you when you get to it
Jigerkiller : (Oct 23,2014 12:28) NIck i just mesaged you
Nick : (Oct 23,2014 12:24) I have went ahead and created a new account under the alias SOAhelp1 and am currently training on cows to successfully join a gang to defeat the level 21 opponent. If this does not take too long, I will be sure to regularly make these accounts (Free of charge) if the certificates do not deplenish quickly.
drinksimp : (Oct 23,2014 12:19) Add me if you need a black arm partner. Drink Simp
senug : (Oct 23,2014 12:12) For partner requests, please click the link above the shoutbox. There is no need with spamming out the shoutbox with partner requests. If you posted on the topic already, then be patient. :)
Jigerkiller : (Oct 23,2014 11:41) right
RoseOfTheRaven : (Oct 23,2014 11:36) I wish I hadn't chosen pheonix gang lol so many needing black arms
Jigerkiller : (Oct 23,2014 11:35) so am i
RoseOfTheRaven : (Oct 23,2014 11:29) Still looking for a black arms gang member for heroes. Had to run out to store suddenly earlier.
Jigerkiller : (Oct 23,2014 11:02) you should
Nick : (Oct 23,2014 11:01) Almost tempted to make a new account just to help with all these shield of arrav requests.

Photo

Combat Beta - Dungeoneering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Double_D_Edd

Double_D_Edd

Edd

• Advanced Members
  • 4,683 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

So I decided to try out the new combat system in Daemonheim, and there are certain things I like and dislike about it. Of course, I still have a lot to learn, but so far it's interesting. :P

I'm sure most of you already know about the action bar, which is extremely useful for Dungeoneering. I currently have the first three binds in my first action bar set to Group Gatestone Teleport, Personal Gatestone teleport, and Create Gatestone. Having a Create Gatestone bind in my action bar allows me to create a gatestone in any situation, even in combat. Even if I have a gatestone dropped somewhere, I don't get a prompt like I usually do when I try to create a gatestone. I can see this being quite helpful, but at the same time, I have to be careful not to accidentally use it.

My character is primarily a warrior in dungeons. However, I'll definitely need another style of attack because I had a really hard time getting rid of an Animated Book. XD I'll probably run into other similar monsters that are extremely defensive against melee. This means I'll have to get a Hexhunter Bow, which by the way, seems to increase your overall LP,just like any armor. Speaking of armor, it's going to be necessary in dungeons since it significantly increases a player's LP.

I wasn't able to find a way to change attack styles (crush, slash, stab, etc.), since this is quite important while killing monsters in dungeons. Anyone know how to do so?

That's all I've gathered so far. XD Anyone else have anything to share about this? :P

#2 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I need to try dungeoneering out with this update, bit since it's quiet laggy I'll probably wait a bit berore venturing into Daemonheim :D

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#3 Arilu

Arilu

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

You click the two sword then click xp to change attack styles.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--Me when I am playing MW3.

#4 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Easy 99 magic then using action bar create gatestone probs 50k p/h xp

#5 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hex is + 2227lp :P It's really nice. Armour does seem necessary, but once you have it and all the actions set up, it's pretty easy. Also, hitting shift + 2 or 3 brings you to other bars, which you can use to set up for different weapon styles, which I love. I just want them to release some quests that allow you to unlock extra binds.
signature.jpg

#6 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Question on armor and HP, since you guys seem to be talking about it so much - what effect does the Constitution skill have on LP? Does it affect base LP w/o armor and weapons and what is that base?

Sweetheart.png

#7 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Constitution is the same as it was. It's your base number. So I have 99 constitution, so 990 lp, when I add armour, it goes up. Constitution doesn't seem that vital anymore. It's all about the defense.
signature.jpg

#8 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I see, good to know. I definitely like the emphasis and importance of Defence, and armor as well.

Sweetheart.png

#9 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

You click the two sword then click xp to change attack styles.

That only changes the skill you train when attacking?
For melee: att+str+def or att or str or def
For ranged: ranged+def or ranged or def
For magic: magic+def or magic or def

I haven't seen the ability to change attack styles yet. Perhaps every weapon simply has a style. Like a maul would be a crush weapon where a whip would be slash and a dagger is stab.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png