Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

kane b4 : (Sep 16,2014 5:51) need someone to help me finishing shield of arrav quest please :) thanks
Super Fly : (Sep 16,2014 2:51) Gasp!
Dark : (Sep 15,2014 23:48) *throws pumpkin cookies to shoutbox*
Supremacy : (Sep 15,2014 21:29) I'll be there C:
St Squiggy : (Sep 15,2014 21:27) Also I'm getting 99 Defense in ~30 mins if anyone wants to come, the Lumbridge Crater at W44 :D
St Squiggy : (Sep 15,2014 21:24) I had seen that, nice :D
2003 Veteran : (Sep 15,2014 21:23) First trip to Zammy gwd ever - gets a 6.5m drop, and lucky me I was solo <3
Cloque05 : (Sep 15,2014 13:27) Happy Birthday Capu and Kunio - hope your day is great and you get lots of chocolate :) :birthday:
bellamorte : (Sep 15,2014 11:03) level 6 crashed star nardah bank world 50
Bob : (Sep 15,2014 11:02) The Crassian enemies beneath Ashdale have no weakness and their combat capabilities scales to your level.
drillablast : (Sep 15,2014 9:25) scout
drillablast : (Sep 15,2014 9:24) i cant seem to find info on the crassian scoout,im usualy a member with better fighting skills,but was away for awhile,cant kill them there weakness be good info
drillablast : (Sep 15,2014 9:23) Happy Birthday both of you
Kushie : (Sep 15,2014 8:02) happy birfdays,Capu & Kunio
Kunio : (Sep 15,2014 7:52) Thanks, everyone :D And happy birthday Capu!!!
LadySonic : (Sep 15,2014 5:32) Nvm its all good now
LadySonic : (Sep 15,2014 5:29) Anyone else atm not have the verified thing in the address bar for runescape ?
Katalex : (Sep 15,2014 5:23) Happy Birthday Capudie and Kunio!
Hope : (Sep 15,2014 4:47) :birthday: Kunio and CapuDie :birthday:
Kittyhawk : (Sep 14,2014 22:32) Happy Birthdays!

Photo

Combat Beta - Dungeoneering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Double_D_Edd

Double_D_Edd

Edd

• Advanced Members
  • 4,683 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

So I decided to try out the new combat system in Daemonheim, and there are certain things I like and dislike about it. Of course, I still have a lot to learn, but so far it's interesting. :P

I'm sure most of you already know about the action bar, which is extremely useful for Dungeoneering. I currently have the first three binds in my first action bar set to Group Gatestone Teleport, Personal Gatestone teleport, and Create Gatestone. Having a Create Gatestone bind in my action bar allows me to create a gatestone in any situation, even in combat. Even if I have a gatestone dropped somewhere, I don't get a prompt like I usually do when I try to create a gatestone. I can see this being quite helpful, but at the same time, I have to be careful not to accidentally use it.

My character is primarily a warrior in dungeons. However, I'll definitely need another style of attack because I had a really hard time getting rid of an Animated Book. XD I'll probably run into other similar monsters that are extremely defensive against melee. This means I'll have to get a Hexhunter Bow, which by the way, seems to increase your overall LP,just like any armor. Speaking of armor, it's going to be necessary in dungeons since it significantly increases a player's LP.

I wasn't able to find a way to change attack styles (crush, slash, stab, etc.), since this is quite important while killing monsters in dungeons. Anyone know how to do so?

That's all I've gathered so far. XD Anyone else have anything to share about this? :P

#2 senug

senug

Slayer Noob

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I need to try dungeoneering out with this update, bit since it's quiet laggy I'll probably wait a bit berore venturing into Daemonheim :D
Posted Image

#3 Arilu

Arilu

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

You click the two sword then click xp to change attack styles.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--Me when I am playing MW3.

#4 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Easy 99 magic then using action bar create gatestone probs 50k p/h xp

#5 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 874 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hex is + 2227lp :P It's really nice. Armour does seem necessary, but once you have it and all the actions set up, it's pretty easy. Also, hitting shift + 2 or 3 brings you to other bars, which you can use to set up for different weapon styles, which I love. I just want them to release some quests that allow you to unlock extra binds.
signature.jpg

#6 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Question on armor and HP, since you guys seem to be talking about it so much - what effect does the Constitution skill have on LP? Does it affect base LP w/o armor and weapons and what is that base?

Sweetheart.png

#7 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 874 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Constitution is the same as it was. It's your base number. So I have 99 constitution, so 990 lp, when I add armour, it goes up. Constitution doesn't seem that vital anymore. It's all about the defense.
signature.jpg

#8 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I see, good to know. I definitely like the emphasis and importance of Defence, and armor as well.

Sweetheart.png

#9 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,763 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

You click the two sword then click xp to change attack styles.

That only changes the skill you train when attacking?
For melee: att+str+def or att or str or def
For ranged: ranged+def or ranged or def
For magic: magic+def or magic or def

I haven't seen the ability to change attack styles yet. Perhaps every weapon simply has a style. Like a maul would be a crush weapon where a whip would be slash and a dagger is stab.

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png