Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

PK_Not_Ok : (Apr 24,2014 16:21) Sliver's been to so many events that even James got Sliveritus o.O
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 16:19) WTH? oh it's serial killer gif lol
Spark : (Apr 24,2014 16:13) < my green is sexier
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 15:51) Be Bold, Be different. Go Green. Advanced Members FTW
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 15:46) Wtg Sliver Posted Image
Rednar : (Apr 24,2014 15:38) Eh...
5gatorboy : (Apr 24,2014 15:34) Good job sliver
Sliver : (Apr 24,2014 15:27) :D
James : (Apr 24,2014 15:21) Wow Sliver just got the Events Diety award for being a noob! Posted Image
PK_Not_Ok : (Apr 24,2014 14:45) :P
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 14:04) :dash: oh, lol. i didn't know mem is green >,< I was voting green and didn't know. :sick: :yoshi:
Kittyhawk : (Apr 24,2014 12:43) Sometimes you just give your own self a hug. Posted Image
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 24,2014 11:49) :bunny:
Barabas69 : (Apr 24,2014 11:39) Ooh Loving me smexy new siggy!
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 11:01) Tell all your friends to go GREEN!!!
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 10:28) Awesome Tatty
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 10:26) now my "cuffs and collars" match ;)
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 24,2014 10:25) Tatty613, The newest Green Lantern Recruit! :banana:
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 10:23) this gonna b nice. they need more 'marketing' about y membership is worth it.
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 10:22) oooo, edit and delete posts 0.0

Photo

Behaviour at Events

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 SweetMissVu

SweetMissVu

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

:/ those people are pretty bad if they are ruining fun events. Were they actually part of RHQ?

Posted Image

I Play Runescape for Fun. Add me My RSN is : xFDchick

Kuroyuri-Black Lily *Mysterious and Beautiful like a Water Lily in Shadows* <3 Caesaerian

#22 Kushie

Kushie

Big Daddy Kush,Master of The Ban-hammer Slam

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I don't think drop should ever be used to promote or mentioned at an event unless it's a drop party. Here's an idea for a Prize(for events) Each online ET member pick 1 person they think deserves a "gift" at an event(I.e. always at events,friendly, ect) Discuss with the other ET members and have those selected players meet some1 for a hide and seek or something for their prize.winners should be put on a list to keep same people from getting prizes but instead of giving 1 person 100k , 5 people given 20k spreads the wealth and joy around a bit more
Posted Image

Thanks to Brandon for an awesome sig!

I,Kushie A.K.A. Kush X, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#23 Kunio

Kunio

Quietly Loud / Events Team Member

• Events Team
  • 739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, I've seen a few people cursing each other out at the Stealing Creation event, That game can become fake difficulty, but not that bad.

Kunio-Kun.png

9t3ajs.png

Check out my progress!
You can't spell progress without ogre.

#24 Nofu

Nofu

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, even at my own events I have seen randoms and official clan members act disrespectful towards others. Heck, we can still do drops, just don't mention it in the event and just do it when the time comes.

Mr_Nofu.png

1000000000.png

I am a Caucasian male, Conservative, and Christian. The Triple C. I don't hate anyone and I don't want your money. I just want to keep mine. 

#25 Yamon

Yamon

Courteous KBD

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

Kush's idea is nice
Posted Image

#26 Jasper

Jasper

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

It's really saddening that things like this keep on happening.

I did notice a large increase of this in the past year though, due to the rise of sites dedicated to 'trolling' and random lol, such as 9gag. Some people get greatly influenced by all this and I notice more and more trolls, which is kind of sad. It's too bad that this happens with those events though. Maybe getting player mods around will be a good thing next time? Since trolling is against rules, I figure that they could use it to issue a 24 hour mute on that specific troll.

Posted Image

#27 Hope

Hope

Hopeful

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 1,522 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

The players that are disrespecting ET members are the ones always holding their hands out and will always want more. They use the site for the guides for every aspect of the game. They don't want to do any of the work in helping to put together a guide, but only want the rewards.

Please remember they are the minority. While they cry the loudest they are not the players you do all the work for, those are the ones who appreciate all the hard work put into every aspect of RHQ.
queenhopefulness.pnggallery_111_5_1876.png

#28 Guest_Jpetersen10_*

Guest_Jpetersen10_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

This is simply a suggestion, it can be used or ignored, but the events team could create people with rank to kick people being impossible to cooperate with. I do not suggest however that you kick them from the chat right away, I suggest you give an (x) amount of warnings, if the limit of warnings is exceeded simply kick them from that chat. I don't mean to create more stress on the Events Team, I just thought you might want my suggestion. Special thanks to the Events Team for what they do! :)

#29 Alfawarlord

Alfawarlord

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Owner

• Site Admins
  • 3,922 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I don't think drop should ever be used to promote or mentioned at an event unless it's a drop party. Here's an idea for a Prize(for events) Each online ET member pick 1 person they think deserves a "gift" at an event(I.e. always at events,friendly, ect) Discuss with the other ET members and have those selected players meet some1 for a hide and seek or something for their prize.winners should be put on a list to keep same people from getting prizes but instead of giving 1 person 100k , 5 people given 20k spreads the wealth and joy around a bit more

That would result in even more flaming and it would mean that we're actually giving in to those players who complained at the BBQ for not getting money/items. I can already predict ppl saying "only friends of ET get money" "I never get anything", Events and runehq aren't about money. We need to make clear that community events are not about money.

horsesig.jpg

#30 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Influential Iron Dragon

• Moderators
  • 569 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Events should never be focused about money anyways, any event, even Jagex done ones were mostly about community gatherings, and never about getting some items or money. People need to understand not everything will benefit them, it's like unless there's some form of profit or income involved they won't come to it. Not everybody is money hungry, maybe some of us would rather have a fun time just goofing off and not being monetary productive.

I haven't been to many events myself, but I hate the fact people act like this, it's the worst form the community could take :(.

#31 runescpe

runescpe

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

This does sound like a problem that can be very annoying to deal with. A way to deal with it is to have only clan members or report people who have the inappropriate behavior too severe to runescape. That is the only way I think it can be solved, either that or single out the players responsible and see if it is a clan member, then kicking them out of clan after a warning.
Posted Image

#32 Zealot.

Zealot.

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Sad to see this is happening during events for the Runehq community.
Hopefully these situations will never happen again, but really, if you dealing with abuse and you dont like it, ignore and report. :)

#33 runescpe

runescpe

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

And if it is people in our clan, you can kick them or start a new warning system, where if you get so many strikes, you are kicked out of the clan on rs and runehq.
Posted Image

#34 AnonymousRS

AnonymousRS

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Although I don't attend the events nearly as much as I used to a few years ago due to work commitments, I still had some of the best RuneScape experiences of my time at RuneHQ Events. I'm sickened to hear about this behaviour happening, and if there is anything the true, civil members of RuneHQ can do to help, I'd be happy to help.

Posted Image
Carpe Diem
Words To Live By

#35 Kunio

Kunio

Quietly Loud / Events Team Member

• Events Team
  • 739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Winning and Fun are two different things. And I prefer fun <3

Kunio-Kun.png

9t3ajs.png

Check out my progress!
You can't spell progress without ogre.

#36 Madame Kate

Madame Kate

Sachem Spamweaver

• Advanced Members
  • 3,011 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Oh gosh, this is horrid. :( Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Remember, the Ignore List was made for a reason! Sometimes it's a great tool to block out those annoying little voices on your screen. :D

BsRw8Qs.jpg?1?4644GM2NxkM.jpg?1?2948

vMG8u0B.jpg?1?3296

#37 Garagedwella

Garagedwella

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Oh gosh, this is horrid. :( Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Remember, the Ignore List was made for a reason! Sometimes it's a great tool to block out those annoying little voices on your screen. :D

^^^
Agreed!

Well it's sounds like I missed one hell of the party (damn you work and the need to pay bills!). I hope people will we be more mature in the future, but I know how it easy and tempting it is, to misbehave when doing so behind a mask (the internet). Hopefully our mature members will wear off on them (even if only a little), and we will take some a few lessions from what happened to make sure we do all we can deter these types of problems in the future. I'd also like to take a moment to thank the events team, you guys do a lot to keep everyone happy, you sacrific a lot of your own personal time to plan, promote, and present events. All while trying to keep a flow of events that are in demand from our members. Thank you all for all you guys do!
Garagedwella

Nobody dies a Virgin because life screws us all!

#38 Guest_Pureflame_*

Guest_Pureflame_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'm a regular Report/Ignore user ... over time I've seen these sorts only thrive when players bite back in any way! ... although that doesn't stop all, one guy was trying SO hard to annoy me/ make me leave my spot I put him on Ignore because he were being abusive ... he worked that out and decided to use his Emotes to literally throw a tantrum! ... I laughed so hard at that I got tears in my eyes! :D

#39 Metallionus

Metallionus

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'm sorry to hear of this attitude coming from the RuneScape community, and hearing about the upset events staff made it worse.

And I agree with your point, Eggman, People's attitudes on the internet have begun declining rapidly. I for one do follow the rule 'Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself' (Some consider this the 'Golden rule')

I hope this won't incur any future event cancelations.

-TrueGuard (Formerly UK_Defiant. I changed my name during a 2-week membership trial before Evolution Of Combat)

I'm back in the clan now :) (After a very long time of not playing. Yeah, School does that to you)

Hold Your Head Up High, Raise Your Fist into The Air!

Play Metal Louder Than Hell! (Louder Than Hell!)

They Can't Stop Us, Let 'Em Try!

For Heavy Metal We Will Die!

heavy-metal-logo.jpg

#40 Guest_Ildred_*

Guest_Ildred_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Gotta love it when some pig ignorant, feeble minded members of the 'community' feel the need to ruin the community they state they're a part of in order for them to gain a few pixels. Absolutely disgusting.