Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
2003 Veteran : (Oct 24,2014 22:19) Ranked 124 in construction on Ironman hiscores.
senug : (Oct 24,2014 18:42) nice Fuzzy :)
Sliver : (Oct 24,2014 18:39) :D
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 24,2014 18:17) Well I got two strength levels at the Pest Control event tonight with three clannies with me! Achieved 75-77 strength and 2100 total - I would call that a successful event :P
2003 Veteran : (Oct 24,2014 18:16) Its sad that I have to sue newegg to get my money back, because they refuse to refund/replace a broken laptop they sent me -.-
senug : (Oct 24,2014 18:08) Woot thx :D
Sliver : (Oct 24,2014 17:26) Senug has been awarded the events regular award! :D
diesellives4... : (Oct 24,2014 16:30) even if someone buys these flax, i'll pay 110K making you big proffit even buying and reselling, world 334
diesellives4... : (Oct 24,2014 16:29) muted, add diesel45645, meet in varrock small bank, i'll swap to your world, just send me a message, will be on a while
senug : (Oct 24,2014 16:28) Oooo Pest Control :D
diesellives4... : (Oct 24,2014 16:28) Oldschool rs
diesellives4... : (Oct 24,2014 16:28) Buying 2800 flax, 100k!
Sliver : (Oct 24,2014 15:36) RuneHQ Pest Control event starts in 1 hour 24m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
Robbie07731 : (Oct 24,2014 13:05) Back to sleep i go <.<
Robbie07731 : (Oct 24,2014 12:49) urrr, who woke me >.>
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 24,2014 11:59) no no no no please no :(
James : (Oct 24,2014 11:41) Oh God.. the new horror quest will have jumpscares..
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 24,2014 10:06) Looking forward to the pest control event tonight :D
Supremacy : (Oct 23,2014 20:50) I enjoyed the 1m profit from that event. :D
senug : (Oct 23,2014 18:49) Thanks for the Corp event, even though I turned up about half an hour late and got most of the drops, it was fun and with a few people, easily killed :)

Photo

Mafia 6--In the Wild, Wild West! [Outlaws Win]

Mafia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
327 replies to this topic

#41 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Aww, you guys started while I was at work. :/

I've had more luck with townies winning games with a lynch on the first day, but those games generally had far fewer people actually posting the first couple of days. No posts makes it harder to pick up clues.

True. We might have to random lynch again because there is no evidence on who is mafia.

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#42 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Not yet, but at least we have some interaction on the first day.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#43 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Alright
Good morning, I just woke up and had breakfast and we already have 3 pages of posts to read through :o

I agree with what crablogger said, if we don't get anyone lynched today, we won't have any 'possible evidence' for a future lynch tomorrow. Meaning that we will have to do a random lynch tomorrow...

I believe the mafia have about 60% chance or more to kill a townie with a role ... :o We could be losing townroles fast!

Anyways, I believe we should start deciding who should be lynched today.

@Shale: how long do days and nights last?
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#44 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Alright
Good morning, I just woke up and had breakfast and we already have 3 pages of posts to read through :o

I agree with what crablogger said, if we don't get anyone lynched today, we won't have any 'possible evidence' for a future lynch tomorrow. Meaning that we will have to do a random lynch tomorrow...

I believe the mafia have about 60% chance or more to kill a townie with a role ... :o We could be losing townroles fast!

Anyways, I believe we should start deciding who should be lynched today.

@Shale: how long do days and nights last?

2. Days will be ~48 hours and Nights will be ~24 hours.

That's what Shale said in his first post :D

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#45 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Oh, I must've missed that... thx!
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#46 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

Oh, I must've missed that... thx!

No problem :D

So we decided who we're lynching yet?

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#47 James

James

Forum and Events Admin

• Site Admins
  • 2,909 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Well if we're doing random lynches, then I'm going to take a leaf from Joey's book in the previous game and use a random number generator to determine my vote.

If we assume players in the order that Shaleclaw placed on his original post;

Player List:
Anthuny
CapuDie
Claudia
Crablogger
Joeythegrape
Kittyhawk
McSwindler
Rhodes
Rose
Ryan
Senug
Sliverdager1
Spartan
Varunky

Then use this random number generator;

Posted Image

Then the random generator has determined that Ryan should be lynched.

James_Rhodes.pngWarmachine.png

#48 Spartan

Spartan

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Unfortunately, we're more likely to lynch a town vital role as opposed to a Outlaw. If the Outlaw and townies were split down the even, we'd have a fair chance, but since there is only 4 outlaws (Considering the Cowboy was apart of that 4), we have a 72% chance of lynching one of our own. That's if my math isn't rusty, but regardless were more likely to lynch a town member than a outlaw. I usually agree with what Crab says (if we're on the same team, or dislike what he does if we're opponents :D), and CapuDie had good theories last game, but we're more likely to kill a vital townie so I disagree with both of them on the aspect of a random lynch.

Another important thing to remember this time is we're not just lynching a townie role, we have a 70% chance of killing off one of the 7 beneficial roles (If the vigilante wins with Townies), that we'll need later on.

So, in short, I don't like the idea of a random lynch but I also don't have any other good ideas on how to get started, just note how high the percentages are.

@Rhodes, Joey used that "idea" but Joey was also a Mafia member in that game, random number generators are useless.

#49 Spartan

Spartan

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Also, Rhodes, I forgot to mention, that list is the second of two (it's been alphabetized) and if we used the original list, Anthuny would be up for the lynching. See why random numbers don't work?

#50 James

James

Forum and Events Admin

• Site Admins
  • 2,909 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Very true, I just thought that it would be an unbiased method of random lynching. I know it's unfair to the first who is out, but then again the mafia could just kill someone and there would still be no trace of why that murder happened, and the thought processes behind it.

I'll redact my vote (if that's possible). Are we agreeing to no vote for the first round?

#51 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Some very good theories. We do risk lynching a vital role so we need to choose wisely.

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#52 Spartan

Spartan

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

@Rhodes, unless Shale changed the rules, your last bolded vote for that day counts.

And I'm not saying we shouldn't lynch Ryan, he may very well be an outlaw, but if the majority thinks a random vote using your number is fine then so be it.

#53 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Has Ryan even posted yet? I did read through what i've missed but I don't recall seeing him.

I agree that without a random lynch today, we may screw ourselves over, but there are a lot of vital roles that we could lose as well. Though Townies have a deceptively large number compared to Mafia, there are a lot of beneficial roles this time around, and 2 dead in one day is pretty quick.

I think RNG is honestly a fair way of deciding. Then the person can try and defend themselves? Then again, we're all likely to think they're just bluffing since they were picked to be lynched...

Sweetheart.png

#54 James

James

Forum and Events Admin

• Site Admins
  • 2,909 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

What if the vigilante acts tonight aswell? :/

That could be 3 potential loses.

#55 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I haven't seen Ryan post either. Hmm.

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#56 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yikes, forgot about the Vigilante. There's always the Doctor, but they might not save the right person...

Sweetheart.png

#57 Shaleclaw

Shaleclaw

Shalenip the Fridgenipper

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

@Rhodes, unless Shale changed the rules, your last bolded vote for that day counts.

Yeah. Last bolded vote will count. That said, people can retract votes or vote "No Lynch" if they would like, but if they could bold those as well, I would appreciate it. :)

Another brief note, Day 1 will end at around 6pm PDT on Saturday. That's give or take an hour or two, but that's about the time you should expect for this day period.

#58 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Well we better lynch someone before the day ends then :D we still have 1 day but still ;)

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#59 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I agree.

Dunno who to lynch, though.

Sweetheart.png

#60 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

The thing is that even if we lynch someone, there is no mafia member stupid enough to start a lynch. And if he is, he knows we won't go for him when the person he voted for will die that night.
We won't have more to go on tomorrow anyway. But should we just abandon the chance of getting a mafia member? I don't think we should.
You'll only be able to accurately find mafia members after a day or three. Unless the detective roleclaims and stays protected by the doctor.

grtz
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png