Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 17:51) My journey home took longer then expected
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 16:51) Everyone come to RuneHQ Castle Wars Event in 9 minutes on World 60 in the fc: sliver - I brought my clan along - bring your friends! :D
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:37) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 23m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:05) If I can make it, I'll probably be a bit late anyway. About 10-15 mins due to travelling home from work (at this time I know :P )
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:03) I hope I can make it :)
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:02) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 58m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 14:03) Ooo sounds nice. I like CoD games, and have played all up to Black Ops :D
RoYALxBeARD : (Oct 20,2014 13:46) blacks op 2, act like a dead body by the bomb basically
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Ummm. Ninja defusing? Which CoD game is that then? :)
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Yeah 99 strength indeed is awesome :) OK once I get it, I'll do a party. But I'll need to make my house worth it, it's no good atm :D Or maybe I won't do a house party :D
2003 Veteran : (Oct 20,2014 13:35) Forgot how much fun ninja defusing on call of duty is xD
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 13:28) There we go :P And what do you mean "even if" that is awesome!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 9:31) Then again @ Fuzzy and Champ, I guess a first 99 is worth a party, even if it is Strength :D
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 4:35) Also, BOOM: https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 3:33) Guys please use the corresponding thread linked at the top of the shoutbox for all oartner quest requests.
Barnfather : (Oct 20,2014 0:32) Need shield partner doesnt matter what gang ill just do opposite
Marzanna : (Oct 19,2014 23:37) So I crashed steam by uninstalling too many games at once..
gandon : (Oct 19,2014 20:50) anyone need a black arm member
ChampLance : (Oct 19,2014 19:52) I like fuzzy's thinking. :P
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 19,2014 19:30) Ooooooo good luck! No need to decide if you are having a party or not - totally decided that for you already... you are. :)

Photo

May 22, 2012 - Song from the Depths

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,904 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

Song from the Depths

The men of Rimmington are falling afoul of a sleeping curse and are not awakening; only mumbling fragments of a strange song as they dream. There’s another problem, too: the ruthless Raptor has taken it upon himself to resolve the crisis flail-first, and collateral damage isn’t high on his list of concerns. Lucille – wife to Waylan, one of the afflicted men – wants you to find the source of the mysterious malediction and bring her husband home, but beware: getting to the bottom of this might mean a deeper drop than you expected.

Song from the Depths is our latest fully voiced quest and – as the title suggests - features a beautiful, ethereal song, composed and recorded specially by our audio team. While it’s possible to play the quest without sound, following unearthly voices into the caves below adds fathoms to the experience. Along with this, the graphics team have gone to town on the arcane architecture that you’ll encounter as you venture into the caves beneath Rimmington. Be sure to take the time to absorb the glorious graphics and amazing audio for a truly immersive experience. It’s also non-instanced, so feel free to bring friends along for the ride.

Posted Image

Uncovering the secrets below and bringing Waylan back in one piece will earn you a unique crossbow, an amulet to teleport you to the Grotworm Lair (see below), and a damage reduction buff for the upcoming Queen Black Dragon boss fight.

How to start Song from the Depths:

• Speak to Lucille in Rimmington.
Requirements:
  • You must be a RuneScape member to play this quest.
  • There are no other requirements.

The Grotworm Lair

The White Knights have also noticed that strange things are afoot in Rimmington, and have dispatched a team to investigate the Grotworm Lair in the caves near the town. Their leader - Sir Rebrum - has decided that discretion is the better part of valour, though, and is more than happy for you to make some headway on your own. The lair has three levels, containing creatures of levels 11, 91 and 167 respectively. Fighting its slimy denizens is great combat training for players of all levels, and slayer masters will assign the creatures as targets. Drops from defeating these monsters include a cosmetic cape emblazoned with a dragon’s head sigil, and bespoke bolts for the crossbow from Song from the Depths.

Next week, we’ll be unleashing the Queen Black Dragon boss fight, which will mean the following changes to the Grotworm Lair:

Posted Image
  • The portal on the bottom floor will become accessible to those with at least 60 Summoning, and you’ll finally be able to face the Queen Black Dragon in her lair.
  • Monster drop tables will be expanded to include items related to the new, draconic armour mentioned in May’s Behind the Scenes.
  • With some help from Thurgo, you’ll be able to upgrade the crossbow from Song from the Depths into a truly fearsome weapon.
So, until next week, brush up on your combat skills and get dressed to kill, because you’re going to need every iota of courage, tenacity and tactical nous to survive the most roasting royal rumble in RuneScape history!

Mod Deiviz & Mod TLQ

In Other News
  • To go along with Song from the Depths, we’ve also completely overhauled the look of Rimmington. Be sure to take a look around!
  • The "King" and "Queen" titles are now on offer for the discounted price of 20,000 loyalty points. Click here to visit the Loyalty Programme.

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.

#2 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

NOOOOOOO, I have to go to work before doing the quest! :no:

Must. Not. See. Spoilers.

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#3 Supermancav

Supermancav

Element of Laughter

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

It was nice, too short though. Raptor sucked, he was supposed to be the kool one now he's just a brute.

Posted Image

Eternal chaos means chocolate rain you guys. Chocolate rain!

#4 Chaoss

Chaoss

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Very nice and amusing quest even though it was so short. I liked it. Looking forward to try QBD when it comes :)

ChaosPwnzor.png

Competitions:

Spoiler

#5 James

James

Forum and Events Admin

• Site Admins
  • 2,904 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Loved it, and a quest involving Raptor! Although he was rather arrogant.

James_Rhodes.pngWarmachine.png

#6 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Ooh, Rimmington renewal?! Can't wait to log in and see.

Sweetheart.png

#7 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

I was expecting some master/grand quest needing to be completed to kill the QBD...disappointed :/

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#8 Guest_Jimmy456_*

Guest_Jimmy456_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

i loved the quest it took me 5 mins lol

#9 Super Fly

Super Fly

Community Crew Manager, RHQ Clan Staff, Events Team

• Managers
  • 1,906 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

If you guys listened to the audio in this quest... breath taking :o And the Raptor was being a... "butt" hole about the whole situation >.<
Posted Image

#10 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,904 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...
  • the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.