Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Bob : (Jul 10,2014 14:08) waw
The Gatorboy : (Jul 10,2014 13:55) very sparkle, much wow
The Gatorboy : (Jul 10,2014 13:55) So many sparkly names
Takye : (Jul 10,2014 12:53) New skill competition has been posted under user hosted events.
Sliver : (Jul 10,2014 10:29) >.> <.<
cowlover : (Jul 10,2014 10:14) LOL
Sliver : (Jul 10,2014 9:48) Whoops, forgot what day it was >.<
Kunio : (Jul 10,2014 9:46) Today's Thursday Sliver. Was I absent for a year?
McSwindler : (Jul 10,2014 9:34) Corporeal best?
The Cardinal : (Jul 10,2014 9:27) Ummm... Is today the 12th? Because I think you're two days early for this one
Sliver : (Jul 10,2014 9:25) -
The Gatorboy : (Jul 09,2014 16:43) Happy Birthday!
3ter 1 : (Jul 09,2014 14:06) SVAUG ^_^
Catxlyst : (Jul 09,2014 10:39) happy birthday^^
kjwilliams : (Jul 09,2014 9:11) HB!
Amoa : (Jul 09,2014 8:48) :birthday: Darkjeskill!
Katalexx : (Jul 09,2014 2:14) Happy Birthday!
Super Fly : (Jul 08,2014 21:55) Happy Birthday! :)
2003 Veteran : (Jul 08,2014 18:07) Happy birthday Dark!
SteamOS : (Jul 08,2014 17:13) Happy Birthday!!

Photo

Mar 27, 2012 - Morytania Tasks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,479 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

It's high time for a new set of Tasks (or Achievement Diary for the hardened veterans among you), so RuneScape's eeriest area – Morytania – has been given the full Task treatment. There's plenty to do as you traverse Morytania's foggy fens and ramshackle settlements, and the rewards on offer are gruesomely good.

You can now complete 51 brand-new Tasks within Morytania, across Easy, Medium, Hard and Elite categories. Everything from crafting snelms and playing skullball all the way up to summoning a ghast familiar and besting all seven of the Barrows Brothers is included, so you’ll be busy for some time.

Completing the Easy Tasks will earn you a set of leg armour, whose stats and other benefits increase as you complete the higher category. To start with, they’ll double the fungus created by the Bloom spell, and later benefits include double-speed cannonball making in Port Phasmatys; 50% more XP from burning shades; and a chance to runecraft additional blood runes per essence.

What's more, completing a category will also impart a number of permanent, passive perks that remain in effect whether or not you're wearing the Morytania legs. These include increased Slayer XP while completing tasks in the tower; free planks each day; increased yield and no disease on the Morytania mushroom patch; the ability to exchange bones for bonemeal and slime each day; and reduced prayer point drain in the Barrows.

Finally,it wouldn't be complete without a healthy helping of XP lamps – usable in the skills of your choice.

Along with the Morytania Tasks comes our latest Early Bird Bonus. Everyone who completes the Easy and Medium Tasks before April 11th 2012 will receive an additional 15k XP lamp for use on any skill over level 50.

Head across the River Salve to get started!

Mod Maz

In Other News

• Completion of the Priest in Peril quest is no longer a requirement for reaching Morytania.
  • Visit our freshly redesigned Audio Assets page to treat your ears to some fine RuneScape music, now including tracks from the Troll Warzone and the TzHaar rework.
  • All XP reward interface graphics have been reworked.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Signature by Brandon.

#2 Skeletonmat

Skeletonmat

Database Contributor

• Advanced Members
  • 194 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

This is making me mad:

Completion of the Priest in Peril quest is no longer a requirement for reaching Morytania.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Skeletonmat, 27 March 2012 - 05:50 AM.

2zexhtt.png

Was an Events Team Member from June '08 to July '12

#3 William

William

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

No PiP for Mortyania? I feel bad for all the pures that had to get prayer to do DT now xP

Oh yeah, and early bird bonuses are too much of an incentive to do this ASAP now >.<

billiam.png

#4 Yamon

Yamon

Courteous KBD

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Aww new people won't have to do the annoying quest to enter Morytania and go to barrows anymore .. Plus the early bird bonus isn't that great (only 15k xp).
Posted Image

#5 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

I can do the early bird on this (hopefully). This is an update I will check out as it will help break some of the monotony I've been experiencing.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#6 senug

senug

Slayer Noob

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Oooo new tasks :D
Posted Image

#7 Symbolic

Symbolic

Influential Iron Dragon

• Advanced Members
  • 561 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I probably should starting working on the other task sets before I get too far behind :P
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Scottybob999_*

Guest_Scottybob999_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

My mining level is only 53 and I've been trying to use dwarven stout(m) to get the mith ore to finish the medium tasks (besides farming which I'm working on). Just FYI to anyone thinking of doing this, don't... I've used up 3 of them trying to mine just one ore and everytime the bonus ends before I can mine a single ore... not cool, looks like I can't cheat my way into this one!

#9 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Found out I have to do a few quests to do all of the easy/med tasks. I also died doing Haunted Mine Posted Image

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#10 Milk

Milk

Influential Iron Dragon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

Sounds great. :) Looks like I can do most of them, will give it a go later on. :)

MilkN2Sugars.png
Proud Member Emeritus and former Leader of the Miners and Smithers of RuneScape clan.

'Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.' - Dr. Laurence J. Peter

'In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.' 
- Douglas Adams

#11 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

No PiP. Jagex fails once again. =.=

Stop letting pures get into places. KEEP THINGS BALANCED -Censor- -Censor- -Censor- -Censor-.

Guthix is mad at you Jagex. ;-;

I, Kairi

, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#12 Skeletonmat

Skeletonmat

Database Contributor

• Advanced Members
  • 194 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Are we going to get Tirrannwn tasks soon? :) Access to Elf Land without Plague City, Biohazard, Underground Pass and Regicide? :)

2zexhtt.png

Was an Events Team Member from June '08 to July '12

#13 Khaaveren

Khaaveren

The Green

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

It's becoming rather annoying how some of the quests I was required to do are no longer necessary. Such as Priest in Peril, or Wolf Whistle and Druidic Ritual. On the other hand, I should have no problems getting all the Easy and Medium tasks completed before April 11th. At this rate, I should have them done before the first...

Khaaveren.png

Khaaveren.png

Khaaveren.png

Khaaveren.png

Khaaveren.png

I, Khaaveren, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any dealers, shady or otherwise. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. When I see a bot I will not remain in the shadow, but grin and use the report button. I will be part of the solution.

#14 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 1,988 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

Finished easy and medium. Also had fun time at mushroom patch where some person was desperate for a new seed because her mushrooms had died. I fetched some from bank and immediately found some more people with same problem. Started to feel like pro leprechaun assistent there!

And before mindlessly running all over Abandoned mine like I did - if you have done the quest then key to that place is very probably on your keyring. It's called crystal-mine key.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop.png

#15 Guest_sokka112_*

Guest_sokka112_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I have seen the new "guide" for morytania tasks in runehq, and it wrong- it says that u need 73 slayer for the med tasks, which is not the true.....u need only 45 slayer....i have sent a report on this but it didn't changed so....u pro should change it...:3

#16 Yeldarb12

Yeldarb12

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

This is making me mad:

*quote about priest in peril quest no longer required*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

i second that

30flyingcows.png

timmy.png

#17 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,671 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

I have seen the new "guide" for morytania tasks in runehq, and it wrong- it says that u need 73 slayer for the med tasks, which is not the true.....u need only 45 slayer....i have sent a report on this but it didn't changed so....u pro should change it...:3

it should be changed soon

Edited by CapuDie, 29 March 2012 - 11:58 PM.

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#18 Guest_sokka112_*

Guest_sokka112_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

it should be changed soon

Thank you :)

#19 Guest_Tribforce_*

Guest_Tribforce_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have tried several times to submit a correction on the hard tasks - don't know if it went through though. It says that you only need 50 Runecrafting for blood tele tab, but you need 77 to access it - so the tablet will not work. Need to update that please.

#20 Javezz

Javezz

Content Manager / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Managers
  • 3,465 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I have tried several times to submit a correction on the hard tasks - don't know if it went through though. It says that you only need 50 Runecrafting for blood tele tab, but you need 77 to access it - so the tablet will not work. Need to update that please.

50 Runecrafting is required to play the Great Orb Project to buy the tablet. The task only requires you to use the tablet, which teleports you outside the altar, not actually access the Blood altar.

Javezz.png
Javezz.png