Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
FireHazard772 : (Nov 25,2014 21:24) WB DJ
2003 Veteran : (Nov 25,2014 21:04) Welcome back!
The Cardinal : (Nov 25,2014 21:01) Welcome back!
DJ Phox : (Nov 25,2014 20:51) Wheeeeeee I'm back from my 10 months term in AmeriCorps NCCC in Vicksburg, MS!!!!!!
senug : (Nov 25,2014 18:25) eww :D
Super Fly : (Nov 25,2014 18:20) Shiny!
Devil Vz God : (Nov 25,2014 18:18) Dat drop http://postimg.org/image/mn3imuha1/
Rednar : (Nov 25,2014 15:52) HI!
Haxorze : (Nov 25,2014 15:34) hello :)
Misty Fuzzy : (Nov 25,2014 14:19) Who is Mohnish? :o
JHewitt : (Nov 25,2014 13:52) You should join the chatroom, Misty!
Misty Fuzzy : (Nov 25,2014 13:45) in Teamspeak all alone *sniffles*
2003 Veteran : (Nov 25,2014 13:44) When I leave for basic, I won't renew for about 5 months x_x
2003 Veteran : (Nov 25,2014 13:44) RIP Membership for me.
senug : (Nov 25,2014 12:26) I wonder if I should get membership for my ironman account before the price increase occurs.
senug : (Nov 25,2014 8:01) Can't believe 2014 will end next month :o 2015 is getting close.
Graystar : (Nov 25,2014 2:40) Ravensworn raven can be found behind house east of Spirit tree, world 26.
2003 Veteran : (Nov 24,2014 22:53) I'll be 2 hours away from the riots when I go to basic in Jan lol.
Super Fly : (Nov 24,2014 22:44) Crazy stuff going on :(
2003 Veteran : (Nov 24,2014 21:35) Hmm... I wonder if the National Guard unit I'll be attached to in the summer, was deployed for these riots.

Photo

Aug 01, 2013 - Behind the Scenes - August 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan Taylor

Dylan Taylor

Astute Corporeal Beast

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

Quote taken directly from runescape.com

Behind the Scenes - August 2013
This August, as the Battle of Lumbridge rages, we've got a god-sized helping of content coming to RuneScape, including the all-new Divination skill, a knightly 6th Age quest featuring Sir Owen, and a huge update to the Members' Loyalty Programme!

Divination

Members' skill - levels 1-5 for free players

Divination - our first new skill in three years - is coming to you this month!

Orla_Fairwisp_Aug-01092425.png

Guthix's death unleashed divine energy throughout Gielinor, and the ensuing turmoil has also damaged the planet, causing the life force of the Anima Mundi to bleed out into the world. Orla

Fairweather and her pioneering team of researchers are investigating these strange phenomena to determine what they mean for the world - and how they can be harnessed by its inhabitants.

As you train in this new art, you'll gather divine energy - a valuable new resource - from wisps: residual life energy made manifest by remnants of Guthix's power. These wisps have gathered into colonies around the world, the first of which you'll encounter right by the Lumbridge crater.

Along with the energy you'll gather from them, you'll also find fragments of Guthix's memories that can be returned to the Anima Mundi for extra XP gain.

Much more than just a gathering skill, there's plenty you'll be able to do with Divination beside level and build up resources. Using the energy you gather from the wisps, you'll be able to make pocket-slot items called signs that activate automatically under certain conditions, granting you benefits - protecting you from killing blows, for example, or keeping additional items on death.

There'll also be inventory-held items called portents that are also used under certain conditions - healing you when you fall below a certain percentage health, for instance.

Perhaps the biggest benefit of Divination is that it'll be a huge complement to your other gathering skills. I can't reveal too much just yet, but those well versed in the skill will have unprecedented access to gathering locations and high-end materials, and extra help with the logistics of gathering resources. I'll be revealing more in an upcoming BTS video, so keep an eye out for that!

Divination will be a direct companion to the new skill coming next year, so get ahead of the game early! The skill will come with a daisy-fresh hiscore table, so I'm hoping to see some healthy competition on the way to the Divination skillcape.

Speaking of which, if you haven't yet voted on new skillcape's colour scheme you can do so on our polls page.

If you're a free player, don't forget that - as with all members' skills - the first five levels of Divination will be available for you to try out. Be sure to give it a go!

The Death of Chivalry

Free players and members

We have a real treat in store for lore fans this month with The Death of Chivalry - a quest that sees the events of the 6th Age truly begin!

The_Death_of_Chivalry-01092155.png

You'll join Sir Owen as he infiltrates the Black Knights' Fortress. Rumour has it that the Kinshra have located a powerful, magical weapon, and Saradomin himself has ordered Owen to get hold of it before they do - at any cost.

Along the way, there'll be swords, sorcery and a damsel in distress, but this quest's far from a fairytale.

There's a dark mystery to unravel, and hard choices that'll make you question what you know - and perhaps even where your loyalties lie. Choices you've made at the Battle of Lumbridge and elsewhere in the game will be reflected in the content, and your decisions will affect the quest's ending. See if you can spot the odd nod to the Black Knights' Fortress quest - which this replaces - and to the RuneScape novels, too.

The fortress itself has never looked so impressive, and our art team have done a grand job, giving it a truly menacing atmosphere. The characters are fully-voiced - including Saradomin himself - and the
orchestral music more than meets the precedent set by RuneScape 3's epic score.

Black_Knights_Fortress_t-01092342.jpg

The quest's suitable for everyone as there are no entry requirements, the combat scales with your level, and is available to free players and members alike. Rewards include a unique shield with an emote, a choice of knightly titles and an item that lets you replay the quest's cutscenes. There are some cracking post-quest rewards for members too, including a full cosmetic armour override set, righteous helpings of Prayer and Combat XP and much more. The extra XP rewards can be claimed after the quest, once level requirements of up to 80 Strength and 65 Prayer are met.

Improved Loyalty Programme and Solomon's Store Merge

Loyalty Programme: members only

Solomon's Store: free players and members

Our Members' Loyalty Programme is long due an overhaul, and you'll see just that this month. First up, we're merging
Xuan's Loyalty Store with Solomon's General Store. Not only will this keep your cosmetic items in one place and accessible through the Customisation Interface, but you'll also be able to buy many of the items currently available on Solomon's Store with your loyalty points!

You'll also be able to treat yourself to a selection of Loyalty Store items with Runecoins, if you wish, although auras and higher-tier Loyalty Store cosmetics will remain exclusively as loyalty point items.

Useful information about your Loyalty Programme benefits will be available through the newly unified interface, and existing Loyalty Programme cosmetics will get some graphical polish too.

We're also buffing up the number of Loyalty Points awarded each month to our long-standing members, and introducing yearly milestone item rewards, so staying a member will be more rewarding than it's ever been.

Xuan's store will close for a week before this update happens, but we'll keep you well informed in the run-up. Keep an eye on the news for more information!
The Battle of Lumbridge
Free players and members

The Battle of Lumbridge is being furiously fought right now, and it's only going to heat up in the weeks to come. There'll be more powerful combatants joining the fray, and new tiers of rewards on offer - more titles, more armour pieces and more rewarding XP lamps - so get involved! Fight or gather for your chosen side; help the Duke spend his cash on restoring Lumbridge as you see fit; play your part in the event that'll pave the way for the 6th Age!

Have fun!

Mod Mark
RuneScape Design Director

Discuss this here.

--------------------------------------

Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan - not a promise - that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready.

tumblr_mgj44mNyST1s199fdo1_500.gif

#2 Rednar

Rednar

Giggidy Gainz

• Moderators
  • 1,375 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

:o!!! Divination next week?

Rednar.png

cIODz.png

#3 Amoa

Amoa

Senior Content Editor and Clan Staff

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 3,481 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

:o!!! Divination next week?

I believe so yes, the BTS video for Divination is tomorrow, so it would make sense the skill is out next week :)

Everything in this BTS sounds awesome!

Buying Solomon's items with loyalty points?! Yes please!

The only bad thing I see it is that it says the 2nd skill isn't coming until next year :(

#4 Dylan Taylor

Dylan Taylor

Astute Corporeal Beast

• Established Members
  • 2,540 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

The only bad thing I see it is that it says the 2nd skill isn't coming until next year :(

At least it isn't another 3 years for a new skill. :P

tumblr_mgj44mNyST1s199fdo1_500.gif

#5 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

ooooohhhhh a new skill and buying solomons items with loyalty points and a yearly reward! that sounds awesome :D

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#6 Rednar

Rednar

Giggidy Gainz

• Moderators
  • 1,375 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Good bye max cape...

Rednar.png

cIODz.png

#7 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

im just glad all the new quests are super easy so i dont have to keep a new one on my list for very long

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#8 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'm going to say, I'm way more intrigued by Divination than I was before the BTS. It actually sounds like I'll want to train it. And I'm interested in seeing the Loyalty/SGS merge. While I've never disliked SGS, I know there are a lot of people who do, so it'll be good to see that people don't have to spend rl money (besides for membership) to get items from there. 

signature.jpg

#9 Sumurai8

Sumurai8

Somebody

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,563 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Wondering how much my loyalty points will be worth in the solomon store.

sigbanner.png

clanbutton.png buttonadvlog.png staffapp.png

Spoiler

#10 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,182 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Sounds like a great month! :D

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#11 Madame Kate

Madame Kate

yes, we all know im a vegan

• Advanced Members
  • 3,042 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

What an exciting month. I'm most excited to see how Divination will play out. Also, the loyalty/SGS merge sounds like a brilliant idea.

BsRw8Qs.jpg?1?4644GM2NxkM.jpg?1?2948

vMG8u0B.jpg?1?3296

#12 Doctor Berry

Doctor Berry

Master of the Berry Skills

• Advanced Members
  • 1,493 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

So much for releasing both skills in 2013...

Other than that, it all looks pretty awesome.

3d7bca9c.pngyd59.gif <--- Click for more info!
Thanks Buck! ^
Dr_Berry.png g08.gif <--- Berries got squished ;-;

Dr_Berry.gif

I, Dr Berry, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#13 Javezz

Javezz

Content Manager / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Managers
  • 3,830 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Looks like an interesting month, but there's a distinct lack of bacon.

Javezz.png
Javezz.png

#14 Mr Tudjay

Mr Tudjay

Courteous KBD

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Oo this should be interesting! :D Hopefully it's an actual gathering skill and not something where you can just get super good exp. In any case, it sounds much different than the... *cough* erm... stuff that's being taught by this lady.

SknbR7v.jpg

Solomon's Store + Loyalty Shop = win!

Posted Image

#15 Anthuny

Anthuny

~

• Advanced Members
  • 660 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

a knightly 6th Age quest featuring Sir Owen

Called it! My Divination Level is 2.

And I hope we get lots of discounts. Been saving up my points. :awesome:

#16 Chaoss

Chaoss

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

^Hacks :o

Does sound like a good month. Looking forward to how Divination will function.

ChaosPwnzor.png

Competitions:

Spoiler

#17 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

At least it isn't another 3 years for a new skill. :P

Shhh, you'll jynx it!

I like how they are adding more cosmetic overrides as rewards rather then a purchase.

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#18 Yeldarb12

Yeldarb12

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Im looking forward to the new skill. My lowest skill is 75 so it may take a while to get back up to that :P

the new quests are expected and i think its nice to involve the gods

the merger between SGS and the loyalty shop is a great move. i thought i would never get anything from SGS but that may change now. im just as excited for this as for the new skill

30flyingcows.png

timmy.png

#19 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 6,005 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...

• the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.

Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.