Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Nov 22,2014 15:41) fine thx you? :D
Haxorze : (Nov 22,2014 13:57) Whats up? :)
senug : (Nov 22,2014 13:32) Wait nvm :D Might be a bit late for it though
Richard Rahl : (Nov 22,2014 13:31) typo srry :)
senug : (Nov 22,2014 13:31) Wait the event is at 8:30pm?
Richard Rahl : (Nov 22,2014 13:30) RuneHQ Barbarian Assault Event starts in 30 minuts! World:60 FC: James Rhodes
senug : (Nov 22,2014 13:08) I do. I'm level 5 in all roles :D
Richard Rahl : (Nov 22,2014 13:06) Sliver assigned me this event instead of james and i don't even know how to play it lol.
senug : (Nov 22,2014 13:05) Looking forward to ba :D
Richard Rahl : (Nov 22,2014 13:00) RuneHQ Barbarian Assault Event starts in 1 hour! World:60 FC: James Rhodes.
UPDATE: James is away so i'm hosting it instead! FC is still the same!
Haxorze : (Nov 22,2014 11:42) Hey guys :)
Dark : (Nov 22,2014 11:42) Woah been awhile *wipes spider webs off name*
The Cardinal : (Nov 22,2014 9:26) He probably died at least twice too.
Hitori : (Nov 22,2014 3:44) Ouch, hopefully he had a Jar to revert his account to standard ironman.
St Squiggy : (Nov 22,2014 2:18) On Twitter yesterday an auto Twitter for HC accounts said the #3 died :o He had ~2015 total I think :o
Hitori : (Nov 21,2014 21:50) How is OS? I don't really play it because of how small the interface is.
2003 Veteran : (Nov 21,2014 21:31) Taking my rs3 ironman to oldschool, prob gonna go camp lava drags with fire strike at level 12 cb lol
GamingJedi : (Nov 21,2014 20:57) anyone got full black? Just started up again and i jut hit 10 def
Hope : (Nov 21,2014 19:56) ah poor Red :(
Haxorze : (Nov 21,2014 18:47) Oh! I missed it :/

Photo

Oct 09, 2012 - King Black Dragon & Dungeon Rework

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,067 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

King Black Dragon (Members Only)

It's been ten years since the King Black Dragon ate his first adventurer, and although Gielinor is a bigger, more dangerous place than ever, he's still ranked among RuneScape's most lethal monsters. With this in mind, we're proud to herald the return of the king, with an awe-inspiring new look and graphically reworked lair!

Posted Image

To tempt a new generation of dragon slayers to face down this three-headed terror, there's a magical artefact behind Edgeville Monastery which allows quick access to his home. For those entering the old-fashioned way via the Wilderness, there's a 10% bonus to damage dealt to the King Black Dragon.

The dragon's hoard of loot has also been enriched. We've increased the value of his drops across the board, but there are also brand-new Dragon Rider gloves and boots - with best-in-slot prayer bonuses - and two cosmetic upgrade kits for the dragon kiteshield: one adding ornate decoration, and the other giving a more warlike appearance.

Finally, everyone involved in taking down the King Black Dragon has a chance to receive a lore book, chronicling the rise and fall of the fabled Dragon Riders. As with the recent God Wars lore books, this will be given in addition to regular drops, so you won't miss out if lore's not your thing.

Step into the dragon's lair - if you dare!

How to fight the King Black Dragon:
  • Use the artefact behind Edgeville Monastery to teleport there instantly.
  • Alternatively, enter via the Lava Maze in the Wilderness. Doing so earns you a 10% bonus to your damage output against the King Black Dragon for the duration of your visit.
Requirements:
  • You must be a RuneScape member.
  • A combat level of 100 or higher is strongly recommended, and bringing friends will greatly increase your chance of survival.
Dungeon Updates (Members Only)

Along with the King Black Dragon's Lair, four more dungeons have been updated. Battle your way through the following dens of villainy and drink in their breathtaking new graphics and sound:

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Mod Dylan

Behind the Scenes Video

If you haven't already, you can take a tour of the King Black Dragon's lair and the dungeon updates in our recent Behind the Scenes video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SW4-RDxSbF4

In Other News
  • Coming Friday: Yelps has added crates of skilling resources to the Squeal of Fortune. These come in two sizes, increasing in rarity, and contain level-appropriate materials for training the following skills:
    • Construction
    • Crafting
    • Farming
    • Herblore
    • Smithing
    • Summoning
  • The Dwarven Warsuit - a miracle of dwarven engineering - is now available in Solomon's General Store. It comprises a full armour, crossbow, shield and sword reskin, a new teleport animation, two titles and two emotes.
  • There's just one week left for those of you eligible for Sizzling Summer to claim your free items from Solomon's General Store. If you haven't already, log in now to claim your five-piece Tropical Islander Outfit, Squid Cape, Crab Dance emote and 'the Tanned' title.
  • It is now possible to select multiple options from your purchased teleport animations within the customisation interface. When you use your Home Teleport spell, one of these selected animations will play at random. If none are selected, your Home Teleport animation will play as normal. Please note: For other teleport spells or tablet teleports, your ordinary teleport animation (or Sky Jump, if it's one of your selections) will still be used.
The patch notes archive can be seen here.

Discuss this here.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop-1.png

#2 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Looking forward to checking out these dungeons. The video make them look really really good :D

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#3 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,178 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I might try to solo some KBD this week,as I can actuley kill him. :P

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#4 Raider

Raider

It's always been this way

• Established Members
  • 1,570 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I wanted to kill a couple KBD's but its ssssssssso crowded. :(

1ikTX.png

Every Dragon Slayer needs a pet. Geehee.

raider-king.png
Raider_King.gif

#5 Yeldarb12

Yeldarb12

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

the kbd update sounds pretty cool and i knew it would be pretty crowded
i just wish people would be nice and let people into friend chats

30flyingcows.png

timmy.png

#6 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • 1,736 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

KBD is wild right? Can you also PK each other there?

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#7 Reyn

Reyn

Really Feeling It / ET Member

• Events Team
  • 936 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Never fought KBD before, mainly because of Pkers. I'll hopefully try it out soon!

#8 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 6,003 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...
  • the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.