Fading Rain : (Sep 01,2014 23:30) *pokes fly*
LadySonic : (Sep 01,2014 23:26) helloo
Super Fly : (Sep 01,2014 23:22) Hey :)
Deimos_XD : (Sep 01,2014 20:22) Hiya
amazingbjuju : (Sep 01,2014 19:26) ello there
Kunio : (Sep 01,2014 13:25) ty
Tri_Killer2 : (Sep 01,2014 12:53) game
Fading Rain : (Sep 01,2014 10:22) +1 @Sumurai8
Sumurai8 : (Sep 01,2014 7:01) What do you mean Sarah?! Burning people in a LOVELY BLAZING FIRE is the epitome of friendship.
SeaGullz : (Sep 01,2014 5:30) Hey, what's up :)
storm501st : (Sep 01,2014 4:54) soooo bored
3ter 1 : (Aug 31,2014 19:05) exactly!
Smexy Sarah : (Aug 31,2014 15:28) But friendship is magic, not firemaking...
Mega Man : (Aug 31,2014 14:42) Friendship is good
3ter 1 : (Aug 31,2014 13:06) that moment when you're looking at a thread and someone's achievement link says they leveled in Firemaking, but at a glace you think it says "friendship level." awwwwwwk.
2003 Veteran : (Aug 31,2014 11:23) Note to self - no more going to girlfriends sister(s) weddings... You get stuck doing tons of awkward stuff... Lol
storm501st : (Aug 31,2014 11:01) Anyone want to join in on Fishing Trawler
Fading Rain : (Aug 31,2014 10:22) Haven't done a clue in ages, but always feel free to ask for help here http://www.runehq.co...runescape-help/

Photo

Sep 05, 2012 - God Wars: Remastered

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

The war that tore Gielinor asunder 2000 years ago still rages beneath the frigid northern wastes, and it's never been more brutally stunning to look at, or more rewarding!

The first thing that hardened God Wars veterans among you will notice is the graphical overhaul. Almost every NPC in the dungeon has been reworked to look like the stalwart eternal warrior that they are, including some particularly fine work on the bosses. Check out Kree'arra's razor-sharp battle wings, or General Graardor's never-brawnier physique.

It's not just the denizens of the dungeon who're looking bad-to-the-bone. Pernix and Virtus armour, the zaryte bow, the Zamorak spear, and the steam battlestaff all have visual upgrades, and all four versions of the Godsword now have a legendary new look:

Posted Image
No update of the God Wars Dungeon would be complete without a mother lode of loot to whet your appetites. There are new pieces for the Torva, Pernix, Virtus, Bandos and Armadyl sets, previously seen only in the Evolution of Combat Beta; new best-in-slot amulets for melee, magic and ranged users; and the robes of subjugation - cruelly effective gear for dark-hearted mages everywhere.

Lore fans among you will love the tomes now available as drops from every boss in the dungeon, each of which gives a first-hand account of the machinations taking place in the God Wars' darkest hours. Even if lore's not your thing, don't worry - the books are given in addition to regular drops, and will never replace that shiny piece of loot you had your heart set on.

Finally, we've made a whole range of tweaks and fixes, including the following: K’ril Tsutsaroth's attack damage is now split across players in close vicinity to each other; Nex is now tougher than ever, with improved path-finding and the ability to reflect ranged damage to her attackers, as seen in the Evolution of Combat Beta; and there's no longer any need to bring rope or mithril grapples.

What're you waiting for? Whether you're a veteran of a thousand God Wars battles, or an up-and-comer who can't wait to go Third-Age on some aviansie, now's the time to join the fray!

Mod Hunter

How to Access the God Wars Dungeon

Traverse Trollheim and locate the entrance to the dungeon, just to the north.

Requirements

• You must have defeated Dad in the Troll Stronghold quest.
  • 60 Strength or 60 Agility
  • Each god's section has a separate entry requirement:
    • Saradomin: 70 Agility
    • Armadyl: 70 Ranged
    • Zamorak: 700 life points
    • Bandos: 70 Strength
  • This is extremely dangerous high-level content, featuring multi-way combat against some of the deadliest monsters in RuneScape. A high combat level is a must, and you should bring the most powerful equipment that you can afford to lose.
Behind the Scenes Video

If you haven't already, take a look at the God Wars: Remastered in our recent Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News
  • Take a look at our latest Dev Blog for insight into what it takes to graphically rework an area of RuneScape.
  • Our latest Postbag from the Hedge is now live, with Postie Pete bringing you letters from a sleepy dragon, a talkative Mahjarrat and a particularly dastardly penguin. Read it right here.
  • We have been made aware of a significant software update from Oracle to their Java platform. Jagex ensures that its games are compatible with all updates of this nature, and will always make any changes necessary to ensure that they operate as they should. We do encourage you to install all Java updates as soon as they become available.
  • The entire human base model set has been updated to use the same version as in the Evolution of Combat Beta.
The patch notes archive can be seen here.

Discuss this here.

Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#2 Zaros Ultor

Zaros Ultor

Christmas Tree Editor

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

So bandos gloves are life?

Yes!

(Inb4theyare100m)

P.S.: just checked G.E: they start at 5m each

Edited by Zaros Ultor, 05 September 2012 - 08:25 AM.

Zaros_Ultor.png

I, Zaros Ultor, hereby pledge to never support gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#3 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

OH GOD YES. -MeGustaAtBGS-

<3333

I WILL SLAUGHTER ALL AND BURN ALL OF EXISTENCE. >;D
Angel_Seina.pngAngel_Seina.png

I, Kairi , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#4 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

New godsword looks :D

Rockman_X.png

#5 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Stupid Ipod double posted >_<

Edited by MegaMan, 05 September 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Rockman_X.png

#6 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,012 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Loving the update! :D Gonna go Bandos this weekend. :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#7 Fuller

Fuller

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Really pleased with this update, except for how the zammy spear looks. But apart from that, I am a happy person :)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Made by Brandon ^^

#8 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,698 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

The dev blog looks really good too! They must have released it after the news post, I've added the reference in there. :)

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.

#9 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,609 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

You know they've added some quality items when they start crashing immediately...(the robes of subjection, I mean subjugation :P)

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
McSwindler.png

#10 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,698 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...
  • the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.