Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Katalex : (Nov 01,2014 2:56) Congratulations to everyone for all the levels this weekend!!!
Nick : (Oct 31,2014 21:30) That awkward moment when you eat a piece of candy you couldn't tell if there was gum in it or not :/
senug : (Oct 31,2014 20:42) Lol :D
The Cardinal : (Oct 31,2014 19:34) I can go get some if I need to
Kunio : (Oct 31,2014 19:31) Well did it let you get pretzels?
The Cardinal : (Oct 31,2014 19:29) Huh. I just did everything you said RS wouldn't let you do. Even the World 60 part
Kunio : (Oct 31,2014 19:27) Aaaand... can't log in. What's that RS? Grab some pretzels? Sure! *runs off*
Kunio : (Oct 31,2014 19:26) World 60 is not having a good day right now >.<
Wampus Catt : (Oct 31,2014 19:03) Dang it, that is awesome
The Cardinal : (Oct 31,2014 19:00) And he's got only Woodcutting, and Smithing left to 5.2b xp
Wampus Catt : (Oct 31,2014 18:33) Big shout out to Alkan for getting 200 MILL xp in 8 skills in a row!
Hendricks : (Oct 31,2014 17:22) have killed it sucessfully 3 times now.
Hendricks : (Oct 31,2014 17:22) again i have sucessfully did all 4 blast spells and have killed the creature but he regenerates without giving me peice of crest.....
senug : (Oct 31,2014 17:16) I'm pretty sure you have to use all 4 blasts on the demon, could be wrong though
Hendricks : (Oct 31,2014 16:59) Tri-killer, i did make sure that the spells hit and i do have the crest peices with me but when I kill it it just pops back up without dorping crest piece.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 16:14) Ummm. Still got a while for Easter Rednar :D happy halloween to you too Nick :)
Rednar : (Oct 31,2014 15:34) Happy Easter!
Nick : (Oct 31,2014 15:28) Happy Halloween, everyone.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:11) At the quest, I'm up to the point where I done the cauldron puzzle so that's a bit further on which is why I need help to write the guide
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:10) Oh :D umm... Save it to a computer, use an image uploading program and post the image wherever you want (take off the url tags though, leaving just the img tags)

Runescape not loading!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests
Click to view battle stats

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Yesterday I got keylogged and he crashed runescape to keep me logged off, ever since that runescape won't load( See picture). I've deleted my chaches, uninstalled/reinstalled java, restarted my computer, tried everything. It also will not load on swiftkit, or chrome.Attached File  Freezing.jpg   60KB   7 downloads Please help!

#2 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

I suggest downloading the game client here and see if that works: http://www.runescape...ek/downloads.ws

If that works, try uninstalling java, rebooting your pc and then reïnstalling java.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#3 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

I suggest downloading the game client here and see if that works: http://www.runescape...ek/downloads.ws

If that works, try uninstalling java, rebooting your pc and then reïnstalling java.

The client does work yes, but I still would like to know why it won't work on my browser. I've tried what you said as well, still doesn't work :(

#4 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

The client does work yes, but I still would like to know why it won't work on my browser. I've tried what you said as well, still doesn't work :(

Have you actually removed the keylogger?
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Have you actually removed the keylogger?

As far as I know. I'm no genious with computers by any means. But I did my research, downloaded a few programs people suggested. Scanned and deleted any threats, rebooted in safe mode and repeated the process. I was talking to the guy that keylogged me in game, and he was being very persistant to give him my pin or he'd ruin my computer. After I removed all of these threats he never said another word to me. So it seems to me that it is gone. However i'm not 100% positive.

#6 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Did you report him?

Also, what programs did you use?
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#7 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Did you report him?

Also, what programs did you use?

No, I didn't report him because I forgot his account name, and when I was talking to him in game, he was on my account that he keylogged. So I didn't want to ban my own account. For programs, I used:
-Avg
-Malware bytes
-Spybot Search and Destroy
-SUPERAntispyware

I talked to a tech online, and he looked through my computer to find any problems, and he of course said there would be a $99.99 charge to fix it, and suggested purchasing a program that would protect me and such. Not really worth the money for a game, so I closed the chat.

#8 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

So did it actually find something? :P That's probably the most important question of all...

Also, considering the keylogger got installed on your system, your regular protection (antivirus, antispyware) which was running when it happened, did not identify it and was unable to block it. Which means it would probably not be able to remove it.

Malwarebytes is a decent free program, so I'd say keep that.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#9 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

So did it actually find something? :P That's probably the most important question of all...

Also, considering the keylogger got installed on your system, your regular protection (antivirus, antispyware) which was running when it happened, did not identify it and was unable to block it. Which means it would probably not be able to remove it.

Malwarebytes is a decent free program, so I'd say keep that.

There were a few things found between all of the programs, and I do recall something popping up with the word "hijacker" or something in it. Which must of been it. Is there any other way to tell if its fully deleted? Im just scared to enter my bank pin, because he was sitting there waiting for me to do it yesterday.

#10 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

You could scan your pc with a rescue disk. You can make it yourself by downloading a file then burning it onto a cd and then booting from that cd.
I recently made a kaspersky rescue disk, which was free to download. It basicly has it's own operating system installed on a cd.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#11 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

You could scan your pc with a rescue disk. You can make it yourself by downloading a file then burning it onto a cd and then booting from that cd.
I recently made a kaspersky rescue disk, which was free to download. It basicly has it's own operating system installed on a cd.

And what is the purpose of that?

#12 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

And what is the purpose of that?

You let it scan your system while nothing has been loaded. It's basicly a full scan before booting your pc. So there's nowhere for the object to hide ;)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#13 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

You let it scan your system while nothing has been loaded. It's basicly a full scan before booting your pc. So there's nowhere for the object to hide ;)

How/where would I download it from :o

#14 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

http://support.kaspe.../?qid=208282173
=> download the iso-file here. (press the link that says 'Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10')

Now you need to burn that iso file to a cd.
If you do not have a Kaspersky Lab 2012 product installed on your computer, then record the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 iso image to a CD/DVD using any record program (for example, Nero Burning ROM, ISO Recorder, DeepBurner, Roxio Creator etc.).

I believe to burn it, I used Daemon Tools which makes a virtual drive which can mount the iso-image. At that moment, you can access the files within the iso-file and you can easily make a copy of it to a cd.

Once you have that cd, you have to reboot your pc with that cd in it.
To boot from a cd, you need to press a combination of keys (or edit your bios, but try it this way if you don't know exactly what you're doing)
Ctrl+Esc
Ctrl+Ins
Ctrl+Alt
Ctrl+Alt+Esc
Ctrl+Alt+Enter
Ctrl+Alt+Del
Ctrl+Alt+Ins
Ctrl+Alt+S

You could check your pc's manual on how to come up with the boot choices.

Once you have the boot options, boot from CD and then you'll get the kaspersky background. At the top you'll be asked to press any key to enter the menu. So... press any key ;)
Then, select your language.
Next, press '1' to agree.
After that, I'd use the graphical mode, which is the first option.

Now wait until it's done loading everything, I'm not sure if it'll automaticly boot the rescue disk application, but if not: you can find it on the desktop like any normal shortcut you have in windows.
The file manager enables you to recover files from your harddrive.
You can change the scan settings, update the virus database if you have an internet connection (simply plug in an internet cable and it'll be fine ;))
After that, scan for objects. Depending on how much you've filled up your hard drive, it can take a long time...

You could use this if your system crashes and you can't boot into windows, it's a way to get your files back and scan your system to possible restore it. However, it can work as a decent scan as well... :)

grtz
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#15 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Don't forget to take notes from the guide above before you reboot into your cd mode unless you'll do it on another system. I suggest reading the full explanation first
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#16 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Don't forget to take notes from the guide above before you reboot into your cd mode unless you'll do it on another system. I suggest reading the full explanation first

Understand everything except the burning part. I have nero, I just dont get the "
I believe to burn it, I used Daemon Tools which makes a virtual drive which can mount the iso-image. At that moment, you can access the files within the iso-file and you can easily make a copy of it to a cd" part

#17 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Understand everything except the burning part. I have nero, I just dont get the "
I believe to burn it, I used Daemon Tools which makes a virtual drive which can mount the iso-image. At that moment, you can access the files within the iso-file and you can easily make a copy of it to a cd" part

Im not very computer smart :D

#18 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

That's what I used, I'm pretty sure that when you make a data dvd of the iso file with nero, you'll be fine :)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#19 Guest_Failed_*

Guest_Failed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

That's what I used, I'm pretty sure that when you make a data dvd of the iso file with nero, you'll be fine :)

Do I have to use a dvd, or will a normal cd work fine ? Also theres (boot), (ISO), (UDF/ISO) options, which would it be?

Edited by Failed, 20 August 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#20 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

A normal cd should do. If you have a dvd-drive (which you probably will), you can choose for yourself :P
The ISO-file is only 262 MB :)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png