Hitori

Pesky Ads!

Hello everyone,

Today I've made a change to the way ads are displayed on the site (finally!). This quick and dirty fix should prevent the pages from redirecting you from RHQ upon the site loading. And my favorite part, this fix should mean the end of user menus being blocked by the ads! If you experience any type of display issue, being redirected from RHQ or otherwise, please reply to this posting and let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Issue: Empty space/horizontal scroll on mobile/tablet/small browser window

Footer ad doesn't respond to browser width.

Copied, pasted, and editted from the Staff Ad Blocker post:

I like these changes, they make things much more user friendly. However, the changes may have introduced an issue.

I turned off my ad blocker when I joined staff, and then today my malware sweeper (Malwarebytes) had to keep blocking some of them anyway, which would then cause pages to crash. I agree that it makes a lot of sense for staff to keep ad blockers off since we bring in a lot of revenue that way, but I can't work on editting when the pages I'm working with repeatedly crash. Any suggestions/fixes?

37 minutes ago, DarkPyroNinja said:

Ever since this update, I have not seen a single forum ad. Just wanted to let you know!

Interesting - what browser are you using? Please include the version if you would!