Rednar

Another username clear-up

I'll keep it exactly as-is. Because I can. And because reasons. I don't really care about vanity, only about that people recognise my name.

sigbanner.png

clanbutton.png buttonadvlog.png staffapp.png

In all honesty, this newspost makes me upset at Jagex. Name hoarding (usually for the purpose of selling) has become a massive problem with every name sweep they do do (heh) - as admitted by themselves even. So by posting this, they essentially continue to give their problem the upper hand, again.

Disregarding that, isn't the criteria for clearing a name 6 months of inactivity as a F2P player and 2 years as a Member? I feel like a vast majority of players inactive for half an entire year have no plans to return.. a displayname being the least of their concern.

The whole process is just a mess and I wholeheartedly hope they improve the problems with releasing the names they had last year. Am I being to pessimistic here?

Awards

Disregarding that, isn't the criteria for clearing a name 6 months of inactivity as a F2P player and 2 years as a Member? I feel like a vast majority of players inactive for half an entire year have no plans to return.. a displayname being the least of their concern.

I honestly believe that people who are inactive for half a year may OR may not come back. I mean, look at some of the players in the RuneHQ community... There have been some who have left for a great number of years, and come back. 6 months is hardly enough time to actually judge whether or not they will stay. I mean, for some, 10 months of a year is dedicated to school...

• Like 1

Rdranger2020.pngDarkpyrowiz.png

Main Account                                   IronMan Account

RdRanger2020.png

Spoiler

signaturece.png

I, DarkPyroNinja, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

I honestly believe that people who are inactive for half a year may OR may not come back. I mean, look at some of the players in the RuneHQ community... There have been some who have left for a great number of years, and come back. 6 months is hardly enough time to actually judge whether or not they will stay. I mean, for some, 10 months of a year is dedicated to school...

My longest break was around 14 months.  6 months isn't really enough time IMO>  Though for F2P I can understand the shorter time line. 

These things don't affect me anyway.  I won't be changing anything.  

Awards

I'm retired and have been for a while, but I have no intentions of giving up my username. I built my legacy on that name, a strong account, lead many clans, made countless friends. That name is mine until I die and Jagex pries it from my cold dead hands.

• Like 3

Garagedwella

Nobody dies a Virgin because life screws us all!

Awards

I'm not unhappy with my Username but it'll be interesting to see the availability and miiiiight consider a change up.

Beep. Boop.

Thinking about it but I think I already got the two display names that I like, Master Owl and Mobius 1 (I switch between the two monthly so each one stays reserved to my account).

Good luck to those looking to get what they're looking for.

So 2 of my friends accounts had their names removed. Those names were gone within a day. Somehow, someone chose BOTH names, even though they aren't something most would come up with.

They just added/changed the numbers on the end, but still...

Rdranger2020.pngDarkpyrowiz.png

Main Account                                   IronMan Account

RdRanger2020.png

Spoiler

signaturece.png

I, DarkPyroNinja, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

This will be launched this month! 

So my question still stands. Will you be changing your name in any way, remove numbers, shorten it?

jhfc4xW.png

Rednar.png

user1-dark.png

This will be launched this month! 

So my question still stands. Will you be changing your name in any way, remove numbers, shorten it?

With

q5TaXRk.png?1

I will be keeping my name as I'm used to it now and it reminds me on the year I began playing RS :)

user1-light.png

I will be keeping my name as I'm used to it now and it reminds me on the year I began playing RS :)

Oh so that's what the 5 means!! I knew every number in someones name had a meaning :P. Sezug9 must be a 2009 player then?

jhfc4xW.png

Rednar.png

user1-dark.png

Oh so that's what the 5 means!! I knew every number in someones name had a meaning :P. Sezug9 must be a 2009 player then?

Tbh I don't know what that 9 means lol but its not 2009 I know that for sure.

user1-light.png

I've never had a number in my display name before. Makes you feel like a Synth doing so. I'll be keeping my Display name, then again I'm not even actively playing RS atm.

Lots+a+LOUD.png

Likely going to be towards the end of the month. It won't be this upcoming Monday, but hopefully the following. Then again, it'll probably be done at a time most of us work so I'm already expecting the worst with low hopes.

Awards

Honest answer, probably not; unless I want to change it temporarily, for a special event like Christmas; if we're not allowed to do that, then I won't change it, period.

Regards,

Noble_K

I, Noble_K, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...

• the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.

Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

RSN: Uncle Si | Clan: Carnival | Forum Rules

Any questions? PM me!

user1-dark.png

frp5ZyV.png

Awards