Sign in to follow this  
L1ttleR3d

The Hardcore Life

I started my hardcore ironman almost two weeks ago, and I'm surprised that I love it as much as I do. I've been working on my stats when I can, and today I made level 50 mining. For the past few days, I've spent my time in the motherlode mine working towards my prospector's outfit and coal bag. That's my first goal, and then my second goal is to go to wintertodt and get my ironman its first skill cape: fire making.

My questions for everyone are:

1. What do you think of the hardcore ironman mode?

2. What are your goals as a hardcore ironman?

3. What do you not like about this mode?

In the picture, this is me making level 49. I don't have level 50 for some reason. Let me know what you think about this mode. I'm super excited for your opinions.

post-20110-0-03993700-1480412177_thumb.png

• Like 1

VtNrUCu.png

<3 Red

Awards

Hardcore Ironman mode is so fun! The panic attacks running by dragons and jail guards are crazy LOL 

My goals are 99 firemaking from Wintertodt, then starting a few more quests. I'm currently 85fm, with 19hp so the damage from the boss hits low. Cakes from ardougne helped a lot! Another goal is to get 50+ all skills before going on a slayer grind 

I don't like when other people's items appear, and you try to pick it up (only to find out it wasn't your drop in the first place). Or when someone else tags the monster, you can't recieve a drop :( 

• Like 1

dark.png user1-dark.png

Super_Fly.gif

I think the idea is great and such.  THough to me personally it doesn't appeal much.  Though I think the actual gameplay and what  you can/can not do is top notch!  I am sure I will work on a regular ironman someday when I start grinding out AFK skills.  Side note saw an ironman this am with more XP than me.......  Sad...... for me lol

Awards

I made a HCIM account called dieing soon when that Falador Invasion event (in 2015 i think) was happening but i was playing my Main Wick account so i havent really done anything much on the HCIM account then again i havent done anything on Runescape for about a month now and feel good about it. 10000 hours on one game took its toll on me.

Edited by Wick

Lots+a+LOUD.png

With this update I created a normal ironman, I did try out Hardcore at first but found it boring. Now I am just doing normal ironman on Old school and enjoying it so much... I've completed many goals and set many. Currently I am 559 total with still many skills that are level 1

Yesterday when I hunted for rune scimitar from fire giants, someone dropped one next to me to have a laugh :P

• Like 1

jhfc4xW.png

Rednar.png

user1-dark.png

I respect that mode of playing. Some say it's hard. Some say it's really hard. Some say they wont ever try. That's me. No reason just happy with where I'm at. Wishing all those trying a truck load of success.

• Like 1

Awards

Heck, I haven't even done much on my 2 regular accounts for OS. Currently working on 30 Mining for Motherlode as well.

Rdranger2020.pngDarkpyrowiz.png

Main Account                                   IronMan Account

RdRanger2020.png

Spoiler

signaturece.png

I, DarkPyroNinja, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Hardcore Ironman mode is so fun! The panic attacks running by dragons and jail guards are crazy LOL 

My goals are 99 firemaking from Wintertodt, then starting a few more quests. I'm currently 85fm, with 19hp so the damage from the boss hits low. Cakes from ardougne helped a lot! Another goal is to get 50+ all skills before going on a slayer grind 

I don't like when other people's items appear, and you try to pick it up (only to find out it wasn't your drop in the first place). Or when someone else tags the monster, you can't recieve a drop :(

I can't stand it when I'm in an area where a lot of people are and I try to pick something up and it isn't mine. Other than that, I don't care.

I think the idea is great and such.  THough to me personally it doesn't appeal much.  Though I think the actual gameplay and what  you can/can not do is top notch!  I am sure I will work on a regular ironman someday when I start grinding out AFK skills.  Side note saw an ironman this am with more XP than me.......  Sad...... for me lol

When I first saw that there was an ironman mode, I thought the idea was cool but didn't think I'd ever do it. It's not exactly a game that's easy to start over from scratch. Especially when there is no help from trading and the Grand Exchange. My boyfriend made an ironman account and actually got his range cape and a lot of his stats higher than his main, so he decided to make his ironman his main and de-iron.

I made a HCIM account called dieing soon when that Falador Invasion event (in 2015 i think) was happening but i was playing my Main Wick account so i havent really done anything much on the HCIM account then again i havent done anything on Runescape for about a month now and feel good about it. 10000 hours on one game took its toll on me.

HCIM didn't come out until recently. Although I heard about the Falador invasion. Isn't that where there was a glitch that allowed players to attack other players right outside of the Falador gate?

With this update I created a normal ironman, I did try out Hardcore at first but found it boring. Now I am just doing normal ironman on Old school and enjoying it so much... I've completed many goals and set many. Currently I am 559 total with still many skills that are level 1

Yesterday when I hunted for rune scimitar from fire giants, someone dropped one next to me to have a laugh :P

Keep working on those goals! On my main, I had really big goals. One of them was my quest cape and I almost gave up on it a bunch of times.

I respect that mode of playing. Some say it's hard. Some say it's really hard. Some say they wont ever try. That's me. No reason just happy with where I'm at. Wishing all those trying a truck load of success.

That's how I was with the normal Ironman mode. I was just like, why would I spend my time playing that when I have my main?

Heck, I haven't even done much on my 2 regular accounts for OS. Currently working on 30 Mining for Motherlode as well.

This is the only way I find mining useful and entertaining. I'm doing it so that I have a bunch of coal for when I use the BF. At least until I'm able to get Throne of Miscellania done and can use my resources in Kingdom to get it in bulk. My main got 14.5k coal last time I checked it.

• Like 3

VtNrUCu.png

<3 Red

Awards

HCIM didn't come out until recently. Although I heard about the Falador invasion. Isn't that where there was a glitch that allowed players to attack other players right outside of the Falador gate?

Falador Invasion was a world event on RS3 where the Black Knights layed seige to Falador for 2 weeks you did activities to gain rewards i think it was around the end of October in 2015 but like i said in my previous post ive barely played my HCIM account it would be around a year old now and it think its best skill is like 40 Prayer gained from the nexus in lumbridge Edited by Wick

Lots+a+LOUD.png

IM/HCIM are based solely off personal progression outside the realm of MTX and anything but DIY. With that said, I feel it's not only an excellent challenge to enroll in but something refreshing for many of us who've progressed outside the gamemode otherwise for years prior.

I recommend playing at your own pace. Any true competitive progression nowadays begins many months behind others already, when starting anew. Every level gained, every wealth milestone goal met; any form of progression done in a DIY environment should feel like an accomplishment in itself which is what appeals to me and something normal gamemode progression no longer feels like nowadays.

Awards

When I first saw that there was an ironman mode, I thought the idea was cool but didn't think I'd ever do it. It's not exactly a game that's easy to start over from scratch. Especially when there is no help from trading and the Grand Exchange. My boyfriend made an ironman account and actually got his range cape and a lot of his stats higher than his main, so he decided to make his ironman his main and de-iron.

Yeah I hear you.  My main was stolen for about a year and I was forced to start over on an alt.  I did some decentish work on it but nothing to crazy.  If I ever work on other accounts I suspect it will be more on that one purely as I have some time invested in it already.  Though that being said I do have an ironman account already just made one to mess around on it abit haha.  I am sure I will mess around on it some more as I plan on doing some pretty heavy skilling in the start of 2017.  Thanks to house sitting/others travelling I basically have my own place for 3 months (between a few different spots mind you).  So just a nice excuse to grind.... lol. 

Awards

Falador Invasion was a world event on RS3 where the Black Knights layed seige to Falador for 2 weeks you did activities to gain rewards i think it was around the end of October in 2015 but like i said in my previous post ive barely played my HCIM account it would be around a year old now and it think its best skill is like 40 Prayer gained from the nexus in lumbridge

Oh! There was another Falador event thing. I thought all of you were talking about the glitch that I heard happened right outside of Falador where players could kill other players. But that event sounds super fun. I wish I would have known about it, I would have logged into my RS3 account for it.

IM/HCIM are based solely off personal progression outside the realm of MTX and anything but DIY. With that said, I feel it's not only an excellent challenge to enroll in but something refreshing for many of us who've progressed outside the gamemode otherwise for years prior.

I recommend playing at your own pace. Any true competitive progression nowadays begins many months behind others already, when starting anew. Every level gained, every wealth milestone goal met; any form of progression done in a DIY environment should feel like an accomplishment in itself which is what appeals to me and something normal gamemode progression no longer feels like nowadays.

Tell that to my boyfriend. Since it is still fairly new, he decided he wanted to make it as high n the leaderboards as possible and then died to the Wintertodt because he sneezed and mis-clicked. Now he's on his second HCIM and went straight to Wintertodt. Now he's about to get his fire making cape on it.

Yeah I hear you.  My main was stolen for about a year and I was forced to start over on an alt.  I did some decentish work on it but nothing to crazy.  If I ever work on other accounts I suspect it will be more on that one purely as I have some time invested in it already.  Though that being said I do have an ironman account already just made one to mess around on it abit haha.  I am sure I will mess around on it some more as I plan on doing some pretty heavy skilling in the start of 2017.  Thanks to house sitting/others travelling I basically have my own place for 3 months (between a few different spots mind you).  So just a nice excuse to grind.... lol. 

Sometimes I make other accounts because I get kind of board with my own, but that was before there were so many things that I could do. Now there's a fun mini game for just about every skill and so many possibilities.

• Like 1

VtNrUCu.png

<3 Red

Awards

Sometimes I make other accounts because I get kind of board with my own, but that was before there were so many things that I could do. Now there's a fun mini game for just about every skill and so many possibilities.

Me to haha.  Thats exactly what I do.  I have lost count how many accounts I have created over the years in this manner... lol  

Awards

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...

• the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.

Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

RSN: Uncle Si | Clan: Carnival | Forum Rules

Any questions? PM me!

user1-dark.png

frp5ZyV.png

Awards