Sign in to follow this  
Sarawr

Anything about Bots goes here!

Runescape banned my secondary account for botting when I was just using it as an extra hand to light incense while training prayer.  Their Bot detection is amazing and imo too strict, but I'm not worried about it.  

As far as user detection methods, check out people that are standing next to doors or facing a closed door.  Commonly they mess up in the script.  My buddy in college writes his own bot scripts for osrs.  I don't condone that but it's his account.

• Like 1

user1-light.png

I would really appreciate a 'Guide to spotting Bots', or something of the sort; it would help me when I'm in-game, so could be more certain about who to report.....

@Dark Advisor: See what I mean? I'm happy to help, but how the heck do you tell who's really a bot? Their gear isn't really a sure way to tell anymore, and some people just refuse to chat....

@Varunky: Where's that Knight in your avatar picture from? He seems vaguely familiar....

Edited by Noble_K

Regards,

Noble_K

I, Noble_K, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

I would really appreciate a 'Guide to spotting Bots', or something of the sort; it would help me when I'm in-game, so could be more certain about who to report.....

@Dark Advisor: See what I mean? I'm happy to help, but how the heck do you tell who's really a bot? Their gear isn't really a sure way to tell anymore, and some people just refuse to chat....

@Varunky: Where's that Knight in your avatar picture from? He seems vaguely familiar....

Many bots only have 1-2 high level skills and never talk. I've seen a few with mid range skills but that isn't often. Bots also stay in one specific area for hours if not days at a time. I would suggest if you're using a secondary account to once in a while visit other places, but some stuff, train a a level or something, and last but not least have a conversation or two with players.

signature.png.ccd60f9e55b157fecfbb8808c47687f9.png

Too many at flesh crawlers in OSRS :@.

Awards