Sign in to follow this  
Sarawr

Report Your Runescape Scam/hack/cheat Experiences Here.

Guest Hand Sammich

Ok, So this just happened to me. (Luckily the scammer went afk for a few minutes and i deposited everything but 3 items of value)

They came to me, asked "Do you want to be on youtube? I will be dropping 30m too!" I knew right away, Scam. I said yes. They lead me all the way around edgeville, and then had me jump the wildy border. They then gave me 1 law rune and 1 air rune and said "This is for when i drop the 30m so you can grab it" I accepted and they led me on. We went farther out, until about Wilderness level 4 and then on top of a mound was another player. He had Dragon Claws. He froze me and then ran to me and quickly killed me.

BEWARE. The scammers username was

Warthog380

There is no use in posting the username dude. If we see Warthog380, we're not gonna say "oooh, he scammed Hand Sammich. Evil!"... We probably wont even remember. Trying to make a list of all scammers is the same as trying to make a list of all botters- it isn't going to work. My advice is never follow people into the wilde. If you do, you WILL get scammed, unless you trust them. Also, there is one that almost caught me off guard. You will go to clan wars, and the person says "help me kill this person and ill pay you (x)m money".. If you ask about keeping items, they will say that the 3-item rule applies in the dangerous zone. Be warned- it dosent. You loose all items on death unless protect item is on.

bigjtc.png

50000000.png

:lol:

Just yesterday I was selling junk that I had picked up the day before, got a good profit from it too (179k from the stuff I sold, plus around 500k worth of stuff I kept (Lots of potions, charged glories/ROW's, some other stuff).

And knowing that the "Doubling Money" thing was sadly still going, and seeing someone do it right next to me, I gave it a shot with the 179k I got from the junk.

Didn't go so well, but laughed my head off at it. Besides, what's 179k compared to 1M+. tongue.png

FireHazard77.pngFirehazard77.png
Want to follow my Adventure's Log? Check here!

Awards

Dont know if anyone has already posted this scam, but someone told me there was a glitch in the wildy level 35 which turns like 10mill in to 500mill and 40mill into 1.4bill (and he also showed me 2bill) and they tell you to bank everything, and keep like 10mill+ in your money pouch (money that is in your money pouch is safe).

Then they get you to put the money in your inv and then trade them (in level 35 wildy), as i dident know you cant put money back in your money pouch in pvp areas, but luckly i thourght it was a scam so tryed it with like 10k, they also say dont worry just put it back in your money pouch when i attack you its safe >.<

Think the persons username was something like jigsaw? :S

Dragnz_Soul.png

TEAMSLIM.jpg

And another one is in trade worlds they say spending 111m and trade you 111k

also in trade world they say free glorys show inv and when you put your stuff in trade they hope you forget and accept the trade.

(again i dont know if anyone has posted this)

Dragnz_Soul.png

TEAMSLIM.jpg

Guest inuro

look out for people i the game trying to scam you out of your money by trying to say they will double your money alot of people have been doing this latley so be carefull with the people of runescape...

I was recently in the Grand Exchange, fletching and what not at the left-side bank... This was my first encounter with the new dice/flower game called "Horse". It was interesting enough, and easy enough to win, so I tried it out a few times, and went on a rather large win streak. However, at one point a player came along advertising dragon claws for bets of 500k. So, with my newly acquired cash stack, I played his game. I bet on the letter C, and lost the first time... And, the second time... But, when the third time came around, and I bet C yet again, it came up. He logged off at that instant, and scammed me out of 1.5 million gp. I guess it's my fault for being so gullable. The point that I'm trying to make, even though I'm sure anyone posting here knows this; is that you need to be careful when playing these staking games. If they're offering high priced items for low price bets, then don't play. It's as simple as that. Well, best of luck in your games, everyone. Here's hoping that none of you get scammed in the future!

Best wishes to everyone!

There are players who do the horsey game "legit" these people think they are better than the scammers,

they are actually a lot worse.

when you have a scammer you get scammed of your cash, its your fault, you were greedy and paid for it, with the legit player they give you a false sense of security that you can trust people, this in turn can cost people a lot more cash.

Do not gamble unless you are prepared to lose everything.

Pi_Stoff.png

We should be always remind people around him of fraud, but we have no right to others malicious slander

Guest usagisan4

Thankfully I've never been hacked, but just in case, I've made several ftp accounts to hold some of my money as a back up. Nice to have a bit of insurance, eh?

Axel_Burned.png

Thankfully I've never been hacked, but just in case, I've made several ftp accounts to hold some of my money as a back up. Nice to have a bit of insurance, eh?

Its only OK if you dont get caught and lose it all, not likely but possible.

Its very unlikely to get hacked, there are people who get hacked several times, there not unlucky just careless.

Pi_Stoff.png

Guest A2jcool

I've been hacked 3 times now even though i've never given my password out and I change it every month or two, and now i have a bank pin and my passwords the max it can be.... I laugh at scams now even though back before free trade was first taken away I fell for almost all of 'em

I got hacked just a week ago.

But because I had a bank PIN and I carried nothing on me at the time, I lost nothing.

I could tell cuz the hacker used Chrome (got Chrome goggles, I use firefox lmao), and he tried to remove my PIN.

Set a pin and the recovery delay to 7 days, people!

Youallsucknoobs.png

Sig is in construction, I'm bad with them :c

I actually was involved with dicing for a while, being both the player and the operator of games. It was legit for a while but ended up losing a few million to a scammer. I learned my lesson.

I have, however, been completely hacked. I had a high level 90 account and accidentally navigated to a fake log-in page and entered my info. I realized my mistake and immediately changed my password. However, the hacker was still able to completely take over my account. I tried to recover my account, but was unable to due to lack of recovery questions, so the Jagex Staff was unable to help me. Lessons: Always check the left corner and Always have set security questions.

Well heres a new scam someone tried on me the other day: They say follow me for huge giveaway I will group tele then first to trade gets a random amount from 5m - 1b. So he then tele's everyone with a group tele to fishing guild then says he is going to group tele to moon clan. So he uses the group tele but its ice plateau instead.

You just have to watch out for that one, always check where the group tele is to.

I have also gotten several emails from a fake jagex email that claims: you're account has recieved an infraction due to ___ click on the link to view the infraction

Don't click on the link because it is fake and will phish your account

Jagex officially has a guide of how to stay safe stated here: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/phishing-emails--how-to-stay-safe

Darth_Zeta.png

Awards

Guest mage ess1

i got hacked a couple years ago and so i requested to change my pass and it took a couple of days and at this time the hacker made my person a member and once i got my account back i got a free membership and some money :)

One time I went to log on to my account, and someone had hacked onto it somehow. I changed the password, the proceeded to continue trying to log on. When i finally got on, all of my valuable stuff was sitting on the ground under me. The hacker was trying to drop trade all my stuff to his account. Luckily i had enough time to pick up all my stuff. Needless to say, it was pretty humerous to see the hacker show up and miss out on getting all my stuff thumbsup.gif

I remember the one and only time I was hacked. It was back in 2004, when the trade confirmation didn't flash when one of the players' inventories changes during the trade process. I was trying to buy 1k big bones, which were 300 gp each at the time. This player was selling those for a lower price. I quickly traded, and spam-clicked the trade confirmation screen. I later looked in my inventory, and found 1k regular bones. pinch.gif

I learned my lesson after that incident. tongue.png

I'm going to make an admission here. I actually used to scam for money a couple of years ago.. I'm on the straight and narrow now. But I know what it's like to lose money and it's not nice.

Just a tip from an ex-scammer here guys,

Never EVER trust people ESPECIALLY in trust games. There are all kinds of scamming methods however this is the one most frequently used, and it involves you handing over large amounts of cash to win something worth a lot more than you are paying. A couple of in-game scam methods that may or may not be still in use are:

Dicing - where you hand over some cash, they roll a dice and you see the outcome in the friends chat. It looks 100% legit - except for the part where when you win the roll of the dice, the scammers log out.

Flower game - this is where you bet on an outcome and win a sizeable payout. The scammers/legit players use mithril seeds and plant them. Obviously the outcome of them planting a mithril seed is 100% random, and so you pick a colour. If it lands on another colour, you lose, but if it lands on your colour you win a certain multiple of your bet (e.g. 100k wins 700k). There are also some like 100k wins claws, or 10m wins phat, but rest assured, if it's too good to be true, 95% of the time it is.

Lure game - This has been mentioned in this topic by Hand Sammich:

Ok, So this just happened to me. (Luckily the scammer went afk for a few minutes and i deposited everything but 3 items of value)

They came to me, asked "Do you want to be on youtube? I will be dropping 30m too!" I knew right away, Scam. I said yes. They lead me all the way around edgeville, and then had me jump the wildy border. They then gave me 1 law rune and 1 air rune and said "This is for when i drop the 30m so you can grab it" I accepted and they led me on. We went farther out, until about Wilderness level 4 and then on top of a mound was another player. He had Dragon Claws. He froze me and then ran to me and quickly killed me.

This about sums it up, however there is more than one way of doing it, such as tele-other to ice plateau which is wilderness level 20+ (you cannot teleport back) (on lunar spellbook)- which to my knowledge they have got rid of.

There are many more types of scamming, but they aren't fit for a topic post. If you come across a deal too good to be true, don't throw caution to the winds, just decline, report and world hop.

Lastly, I'd like to offer my help to anyone who thinks they may have been scammed (there are scams that convince you to part with your money over large amounts of time - they promise a great deal back) or to anyone that needs any help at all biggrin.png Don't forget there are the staff on here that can and will help too. smile.gif

Edited by Kryptex

29da73t.gif

As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

The other day one of the people in my flipping consortium took me for 300m took 4 others for a total of 1.1b. Ouch!!!!!!!!!! Don't trust trade kids

Edited by nobularlol

nobularlol.png

I have been hacked two times in the past, and both times I lost me entire bank. The first time, I logged out while I was in the wilderness with a whip (unsckulled) and when I logged back in the whip was gone, but the 500k left in my bank was still there, as the hacker did not manage to get past my bank pin. However, I was then very stupid and did not change my password so what do you know! 2 weeks later I was hacked again! This time my bank was breached and the hacker left me in a santa suit with 1 gp. :(. To be fully honest I almost quit right then and there. I have never been good at making money and the prospect of starting over from scratch was maddening. Fortunately, someone at Jagex must have loved me because one month later I found ranger's boots in a clue scroll!

top%20argetlam.png]

Awards

I make u MOD (level 4 player) says that he can make me a moderator. I added him, he says I must go to a website (link not given) and logout then, then must I login again and I will be a moderator. So I did it, but got hacked. Hacked my account back, but why hacked? It was the RS website!

true.png

Guest billybob0507

never listen to anyone who says they are doubling money! its a scam!!!

I don't know wether you're actually allowed to discuss gambling, but there are actually good people out there. I trust two people with my santa, and one is my friends chat leader. I do, however, see a large portion of doublers, lurers, beggars and scamming hosts, multiple times a day.

If I ever see anyone get logged on, I found out the amount, and usually pay out the winnings.