Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane3838

Submission Added:Diamond in the Rough

23 posts in this topic

Quick guide, will need some editing and possible corrections.

Difficulty -

Length -

Quest Requirements - Stolen Hearts.

Skill/Other Requirements - Must be able to defeat 6 level 5 Thugs

Items needed - None

Items Recommended for Quest - Food and Combat gear

Items Acquired During Quest - Heavy Weight, 4 waterskin (4)'s, Kharid-ib, Sundial gnomon,

Quest Points - 1

Reward - 1 Quest Point, 250 Agility XP, 250XP Combat lamp, 250 Constituion XP, 250 Thieving XP, access to the Kalphite Nursery (and a new weapon and shield), and 2 spins on the Squeal of Fortune.

Start Point - Al Kharid's palace

To Start - Speak to Spymaster Osman in Al Kharid's palace

1. Speak with Osman and he'll ask you to retrieve Ozan and meet him back in the vault.

2. Go to the bottom of the palace steps and tell Ozan of the quest. A cutscene will occur where Osman will "ask" you to steal the real diamond.

3. Inspect the Het scales and you'll be given the Heavy Weight automatically.

4. Climb up the Climbing Rope.

Drop off roof to the west.

Shimmy across rope to the west.

Eagle jump from the Rug to the South.

And then make your way to Shanty Pass

5. As you try to go through the south end of Shanty Pass a man named Shantay will stop you and speak with you. After a short conversation he'll give you 4 waterskin (4)'s. After this attempt to go through the Pass again, a cutscene will occur.

6. After the cutscene go through all the chat options to find out that the diamond was in the weight after all. Once the Weight is open you will recieve the Kharid-ib and a sundial (Het) will appear just south of you.

7. Inspect the Sundial and rotate the (didn't catch the name of it) until it locks into place [on the symbol of Het (the man?)].

8. Follow the direction of the beam of light southwest of your location. A cutscene will occur where 5 level 2 bandits and 1 level 3 bandit king will appear and try to kill you.

9. After the last last Bandit is killed he will drop a piece of the Sundial, the Sundial gnomon. Fix the Sundial (Apmeken) by inspecting it. Move the dial again into the position of the monkey (Apmeken) and another beam of light will appear, follow it Northwest.

10. Once you have recieved the new location a cutscene will occur, go through all the chat options and you'll fall through the quicksand.

11. After going through (three) tunnels Ozan will realize that he's sitting on the sundial piece. Inspect the newly fixed Sundial (Cronis) and rotate the dial to the Crocodile (Cronis).

12. Go through the lit up tunnel (West) and continue West through the new area.

13. Once in the new area slice the sparkling dung kalphite until one starts to glow in rings. Once you have sliced open the correct Dung Kalphite the last Sundial will rise and Leela will come to your rescue.

14. Climb up the rope and into back into the desert, inspect the last Sundial, Sundial (Scabaras), and rotate the dial to the beetle (Scabaras).

15. Head Southwest and you'll come across Lady Keli, Apep, and Heru. After a short while she'll obtain the diamond and reveal herself to be actually be Amascut.

16. After the cutscene Apep and Heru will become level 5 and attack you, defeat them both and speak with Prince Ali Mirza.

[Note: Max hit is 50]?

17. After speaking with the Prince Ozan informs you that he wants to stay behind to retrieve the diamond. You will then return to the palace and speak with osman.

18. After speaking with Osman a cutscene will occur where Jabari reveals his true nature. After the cutscene you Osman will tell you that he may need you in the future.

Congratulations!

Quest Complete

Zidane38.png

it might be worthy to note for both quests that for lvl idk 30 and up you can barefist your way through the quests the armour weapon and food is only needed for low lvls

kilvehk.png   

thanks for the sig brandon!

I also did a quick list. If an editor wants to put it together and fill in gaps feel free.

NOTE: This is a fully voiced quest. It is suggested that you turn the sound on to fully enjoy it.

1. Talk to Osman in Al Kharid Palace

2. Go out to the front of the Palace and talk to Ozan

3. An interactive cut scene will appear in which Osman explains the story a bit more and helps you steal the real diamond

4. Take the heavy weight from the collection of urns and take the replaced rope up out of the chamber and to the top of the palace.

Note: it will automatically take the correct weight for you.

5. Climb down the western part of the wall

6. Take the rope to the top of the bank.

7. Go to the south portion of the bank and click on the red rug with the "eagle jump" option

8. Go to Shanty pass

-A weird cut-scene will appear with Shanty acting strange, he will recover and supply you with waterskins.

9. Once passing through Shanty Pass another cut-scene will occur where you take out the diamond. A screeching sound will come from the diamond and a Sundial (Het) will appear from the sand.

10. Click on the Sundial and rotate the bit on the sundial to point at the symbol of the man (Het). A beam of light will issue from the Sundial heading South West, which you will follow to another Sundial.

11. A cut scene will occur where bandits will appear out of the sand and you will find out that the reason the people are acting weird is that the diamond is using them to talk to you. You will have to kill 5 lvl 2 bandits and 1 lvl 3 bandit leader.

12. Once defeating the last of the bandits a Sundial Gnomon will be dropped. Use the Gnomon with the Sundial to fix it. Once fixed, get the bit to point toward the monkey and the light will direct you to the North West.

13. Once arriving that the next location you will notice that the Sundial is missing from the base. The diamond will let out another screech and you will find yourself in quicksand.

Note: It doesn't matter what options you chose to get out, you will still sink through the quick sand and fall into the cavern below.

14. Once falling through to the cavern a creature will take the diamond away.

15. The Sundial is still not complete so Ozan will suggest you find the missing piece by looking in the tunnels.

Note: You must go through the tunnels, but after a few times Ozan will discover that he was sitting on the missing piece.

16. Make the bit of the sundial point to the crocodile, it will light up one of the tunnels. Enter that tunnel and follow it to the end.

17. You will come to a room full of Dung Kalphites. You will need slice open the dung to find the diamond.

Note: If you did not bring a slice weapon you can pick up the Bronze Scimitar lying on the ground near where you came in.

Note: You will gradually work your way up from Sapphire to Emerald, Ruby and then to the diamond as you slice the sparkling dung balls.

18. Once you find the Diamond the fourth sundial will rise and and opening will appear in the ceiling. Leela will arrive and lower a rope for you to climb back to the surface.

19. When you get back to the surface talk to Leela. You will eventually discover that the fourth sundial is broken as well, but Leela has the final piece and fixes it for you.

20. Make the sundial bit point toward the beetle and the light will issue to the South West.

21. When you find Lady Keli a cut-scene will occur. Once prompted whether you will give her the diamond click yes and it will speak through Apep tell you not to give it to her.

22. You will be asked again whether or not to give Lady Keli the diamond. Click yes and the diamond will speak through Heru saying it is scared she will kill everyone.

23. Eventually Lady Keli will force you to give her the diamond. She will then go crazy and she will reveal that she is the goddess Amascut.

24. A cut-scene will then appear where she orders her cronies to kill you. (They are both level 5 and not too hard, but both seem to have a lot of life points - food and armor is advisable if you are a low level).

25. Once you have defeated the men, free Prince Ali Mirza. After a short conversation you will be transported back to Al Kharid palace where Osman will "congratulate" your successful rescue.

26. A cut-scene will occur where you will see Amascut and Jabari discussing the previous events and preparing for future events.

Congratulations - Quest Complete

I also acquired a Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby during the quest.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

yeah i also got the three gems varunky listed i think those are guaranteed drops as it plays into the dialogue

kilvehk.png   

It isn't automatically put into your inventory and it isn't necessary to pick up.

Zidane38.png

yes but they are still guaranteed drops from what i can tell

kilvehk.png   

not sure if it should or needs to be mentioned but after the quest you can get 20k mining xp and 2 items - scabara mask and a was

by going to the last sundial (the one in the quick sand) next to it is a crack in the floor which can be mined (for the xp) i think 80 mining is needed but then you can climb through the floor and go get the 2 items listed above

1 person likes this

Thanks guys. I'll do the quest myself shortly and get the guide up sometime today.

I would suggest

Difficulty - Easy

Length - Medium (tons of dialogue)

Just a suggestion.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

not sure if it should or needs to be mentioned but after the quest you can get 20k mining xp and 2 items - scabara mask and a was

by going to the last sundial (the one in the quick sand) next to it is a crack in the floor which can be mined (for the xp) i think 80 mining is needed but then you can climb through the floor and go get the 2 items listed above

to expand a little bit, you have to go back to the dung kalphites and follow the tunnel to get back there.

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png

The guide is up, but I'll leave this open for a bit in case anybody has any corrections/additions. I'll look into the after quest reward and add it to the guide later.

just confimed you need 80 mining for the crack in the floor but mcswindler i havent tried but couldnt you just sink through the quicksand again?

kilvehk.png   

Just want to mention, instead of doing all of the jumps in step 4, you can just hometele out of there XD

ROpejn5.png

File: quest/diamond-in-the-rough

Section: quest

Description: The New Shield and Weapon

Members: Yes

Username: Reign Falls

Info: After finishing the diamond in the rough quest, you can go back to the dung kalphites to get the new shield and weapon. Which are Aten (Heru's shield) and Uraeus (Apep's Axe). Simply go back to the dung kalphites and slice open some more of them, 20-30 should be enough to get the weapons. I got mine after only 7. You do need a weapon with slash for the slicing open the dung balls.

you could indeed kass but then you miss the assasins creed referance

1 person likes this

kilvehk.png   

The weapons are already known, just figured I should move it over anyway.

Zidane38.png

lol i beat all the ppls to it :P later today im going to look at them in beta and update you with that info i doubt they will change as they were made after the beta came into effect

kilvehk.png   

just confimed you need 80 mining for the crack in the floor but mcswindler i havent tried but couldnt you just sink through the quicksand again?

That's what I tried to do originally, but the cutscene won't trigger again, so you have to go the long way.

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png

i didnt think you needed the cutscene during the quest theres a right click option to sink idk if its retained after quest though ill check in a bit also the new shield and weap dont apear in beta so ill have to wait to get that info

kilvehk.png   

File: quest/diamond-in-the-rough

Section: quest

Description: Kalaphite nursery

Members: Yes

Username: Gold star59

Info: You can go back to the dungeon for 2 items a 1-handed weapon and shield. Also a diamond drop is there too.I don't know whether or not this information is need but for lower leveled members the items i mentioned could be good.

The two items we already know about, any confirmation about the diamond?

You can find the crack by going to the last sundial where you met with leela, you'll then be able to go back to the dung kalphites by entering the tunnel south-west of the sundial. Then get back to the path you followed with ozan to where you feel through the quicksand. You'll find the crack here. After mining, you can enter it to gain access to a room with two items: a scabara mask and a mask.

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

Submission has been added to the site. Thank you for your input.