There are many different personalities in the Museum, and many of them offer rewards if you help them out.
|Curator Haig Halen||The Curator can be found walking around the ground floor. He will welcome you to the Museum and tell you any recent news. During The Golem quest, you'll have to pickpocket a key from him (used to steal from Case 30).|
|Information clerk||The Information clerk is found in the northwest corner of the ground floor. She can answer your questions about the Museum, give you a map and she will reward you with experience when you reach certain amounts of Kudos.|
|Museum guard||They stand guard at the entrances to the Digsite cleaning area.|
|Archaeologists (Sinco Doar, Tinse Torpe, Caden Azro, Thias Leacke, Marius Giste, Barnabus Hurma)||The archaeologists are found on the ground floor, in the Dig Site cleaning area. You can show them items that you find while cleaning Digsite rocks. You can trade them the Jewelery you find for 5 gp each. See the Museum Kudos section for more details.|
|Historian Minas||He can be found on the second floor, right beside the stairs. Talk to him to tell stories of your quests. See the Museum Kudos section for more details.|
|Orlando Smith||He can be found in the basement of the Museum, near the stairs. Talk to him to begin the quiz, and once you've completed it, talk to him for 1000 xp in Hunter and Slayer.|
|Natural historian||These are found walking around in the basement. Talk to them for more information on the exhibits.|
|Jacques||Jacques is an art critic found on the top floor of the Museum, examining a painting of King Lathas.|
|Torrcs and Marfet||Torrc and Marfet are two adventures that can be found on the second floor.|
|Teachers, Pupils, and Schoolchildren||You can find these walking around the Museum, enjoying the many exhibits.|
|Mr. Mordaut||Mr. Mordaut is a dragon who also happens to be the museum's Professor of Unnatural History. He is found in his office through the door in the back of the basement stairs.|
Museum Kudos are the reward for helping out the Museum. In recent months the Museum's specialist field archaeologists have discovered an ancient island, largely untouched since the God Wars, positively littered with the remains of long-dead species. If your Kudos are high enough (100+) when they finish building a safe passage to the island, you may well find yourself invited to share your expertise. To see how the construction of the barge and canal is getting on, head over to the land just north of the Dig Site.
There are five ways to earn Museum Kudos:
- Archaeology: Add to exhibits on the first floor by cleaning rocks brought from the Digsite. (50 Kudos)
- History: Give Historian Minas (2nd floor) information about past quests. (95 Kudos)
- Natural History: Talk to Orlando Smith in the basement and answer the quizzes at each display stand. (28 Kudos)
- Dahmaroc Statue: Complete the Dharmaroc statue on the ground floor by collecting all 15 pairs of Strange Rocks through skilling and add them to the Statue plinth. For more information, see our Shattered Heart guide. (10 Kudos)
- Talk to Mr. Mordaut after completing Dragonkin related quests and tasks. (15 Kudos)
The current maximum amount of Museum Kudos is 198. Your Kudos are displayed in the top right corner of your screen when you're inside the Museum. The Information clerk on the main floor will reward you in certain skills after you receive Kudos. (Smithing, Hunter, Crafting, Prayer, and Slayer.)
In order to earn kudos by means of archeology, you need to have completed
The Dig Site quest. Get Leather boots, Leather gloves, a Trowel, a Specimen brush, and a Rock pick from the tool case in the Dig Site cleaning area. Take an Uncleaned find (you may only hold one at a time) from the Dig Site specimen rocks and use it on a specimen table.
Doing this will reveal the item inside. Certain items, listed below, are valuable and when shown to the archeologists they'll tell you to add them to a display case.
Most items aren't valuable and you can either give them to an archaeologist for 5gp or put in a Storage crate for a random item (ores, bones, fletching items, weaponry, coins). Putting items in the Storage crate might also reward you with an Antique Lamp that gives 500xp.
You will be rewarded with 10 Kudos for rare specimens. The specimens considered rare are:
|Item name||Image||Case number|
While cleaning specimens, you may also find a Clean necklace. Show this to one of the archaeologists and they will teach you how to enchant Ruby Necklaces, giving them 5 teleports to the Dig Site.
You may also accidentally destroy the rock. If this happens just take another from the pile.
After completing certain quests, you can give Historian Minas information about them. He'll reward you with Museum Kudos (5) and sometimes an Antique Lamp. In total you will receive 75 Kudos and 13k XP from the History section of the Museum.
Quests that you can earn Kudos from are:
- Defender of Varrock
- Demon Slayer
- Ghostly robes (mini-quest)
- Glorious Memories
- The Grand Tree
- Hazeel Cult
- In Aid of the Myreque
- Making History
- Meeting History
- Merlin's Crystal
- Observatory Quest
- Priest in Peril
- Rune Mysteries
- Shield of Arrav
- A Tail of Two Cats
- Temple of Ikov
- What Lies Below (requires Dagon'hai History - found in Varrock Library or in a POH's bookcases)
Mr Mordaut is found in his office through the door behind the basement stairs. Talking to him about the Dragonkin will award Kudos. To receive the full amount of Kudos, you must have done the following:
- Completed A Tail of Two Cats
- Completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Killed the King Black Dragon
- Killed the Queen Black Dragon
Upon providing Mr. Mordaut with the related Dragonkin information, he will give you a Dragonkin lamp which awards 25,000 Slayer XP.
Speak to Orlando Smith in the basement of the Museum, and agree to help him by taking the quizzes. Now, read the plaque beside each exhibit and answer the questions on each creature. You'll need to get 3 questions right to earn Kudos. Don't worry, if you a question wrong you can simply be asked another one. Answering all the quizzes will reward you with 28 Kudos. The natural historians walking around in each area can tell you more about each creature. Once you have answered all the quizzes, go back and talk to Orlando Smith for 1000xp in Slayer and Hunter.
|How long do dragons live?||Unknown.|
|Approximately how many feet tall do dragons stand?||Twelve.|
|What is the favoured territory of a dragon?||Old battle sites.|
|Which of these is not a type of dragon?||Elemental.|
|What is the best defence against a dragon's breath attack?||Anti dragon-breath shield.|
|What is considered a delicacy of dragons?||Runite.|
|What is the ambient temperature of wyvern bones?||Below room temperature.|
|What are the wyverns' closest relations?||Dragons.|
|How did the wyverns die out?||Climate change.|
|Where have wyvern bones been found?||Asgarnia.|
|What genus does the wyvern theoretically belong to?||Reptiles.|
|How many legs does a wyvern have?||Two.|
|How do Morytanian snails capture their prey?||Spitting acid.|
|How do snails move?||Contracting and stretching.|
|What does 'Achatina Acidia' mean?||Acid-spitting snail.|
|What is special about the shell of a giant Morytanian snail?||It is resistant to acid.|
|Which of these is a snail byproduct?||Fireproof oil.|
|What is the 'trapdoor', which snails use to cover the entrance to their shells called?||An operculum.|
|If some snakes use venom to kill their prey, what do other snakes use?||Constriction.|
|Lizards and snakes belong to the same order - what is it?||Squamata.|
|If a snake sticks it tongue out at you, what is it doing?||Seeing how you smell.|
|Which habitat do snakes prefer?||Anywhere.|
|Aside from their noses, what do snakes use to smell?||Tongue.|
|What is snake venom adapted from?||Stomach acid.|
|We assume that sea slugs have a stinging organ on their soft skin - what is it called?||Nematocysts.|
|In what way are sea slugs similar to snails?||They have a hard shell.|
|What do we think the sea slug feeds upon?||Seaweed.|
|Why has the Museum never examined a live sea slug?||The researchers keep vanishing.|
|Off of which coastline would you find sea slugs?||Ardougne.|
|What are the two fangs presumed to be used for?||Defense or display.|
|What color mohawk do Karamjan monkeys have?||Red.|
|Which have a lighter colour: Karamjan or Harmless monkeys?||Harmless.|
|What have Karamjan monkeys taken a deep dislike to?||Seaweed.|
|Which type of primates do monkeys belong to?||Simian.|
|Monkeys love bananas. What else do they like to eat?||Bitternuts.|
|There are two known families of monkeys. One is Karamjan, the other is...?||Harmless.|
|What are kalphites assumed to have evolved from?||Scarab beetles.|
|Are kalphites carnivores, herbivores, or omnivores?||Carnivores.|
|What are the armoured plates on a kalphite called?||Lamellae.|
|Name the prominent figure in kalphite mythology?||Scabaras.|
|What is lowest caste in the kalphite society?||Worker.|
|Kalphites are ruled by a...?||Pasha.|
|How many claws do terrorbirds have?||Four.|
|What is a terrorbird's preferred food?||Anything.|
|How many teeth do terrorbirds have?||0.|
|Who use terrorbirds as mounts.||Gnomes.|
|What do terrorbirds eat to aid digestion?||Stones.|
|Where do terrorbirds get the most of their water?||Eating plants.|
|When do penguins fast?||During breeding.|
|What is the preferred climate for penguins?||Cold.|
|Which skill seems unusual for the penguins to possess?||Planning.|
|Which sense do penguins rely on when hunting?||Sight.|
|How do penguins keep warm?||A layer of fat.|
|Describe the behaviour of penguins.||Social.|
|Why are moles considered to be an agricultural pest?||They dig holes.|
|Which family do moles belong to?||The Talpidae family.|
|Who discovered giant moles?||Wyson the Gardener.|
|What habitat do moles prefer?||Subterranean.|
|What would you call a group of young moles?||A labour.|
|What is a mole's favourite food?||Insects and other invertebrates.|
|Which camel byproduct is known to be very nutritious?||Milk.|
|Camels: herbivore, carnivore, or omnivore?||Omnivore.|
|Where would you find an ugthanki?||Al Kharid.|
|What is produced when feeding chilli to a camel?||Toxic dung.|
|What is the usual mood for a camel?||Annoyed.|
|If an ugthanki has one, how many does a bactrian have?||Two.|
|What contributed to the giant growth of Morytanian leeches?||Environment.|
|Which of these is not eaten by leeches?||Apples.|
|How does a leech change when it feeds?||It doubles in size.|
|What is the favoured habitat of leeches?||Water.|
|What is special about Mortyanian leeches?||They attack by jumping.|
|What shape is the inside of a leech's mouth?||'Y'-shaped.|
|What order do lizards belong to?||Squamata.|
|How does a lizard regulate body heat?||Sunlight.|
|Lizard skin is made of the same substance as?||Hair.|
|How many eyes does a lizard have?||Two.|
|Who discovered how to kill lizards?||The Slayer Masters.|
|What happens when a lizard becomes cold?||It becomes sleepy.|
|Which race breeds tortoises for battle?||Gnomes.|
|What is the name of the oldest tortoise ever recorded?||Mibbiwocket.|
|Name the explorer who discovered the world's oldest tortoise,||Admiral Bake.|
|What is the tortoise's favourite food?||Vegetables.|
|If a tortoise had twenty rings on its shell, how old would it be?||Twenty years.|
|How does the tortoise protect itself?||Hard shell.|
When you reach certain amounts of Kudos, speak to the Information clerk for a reward.
51+ Kudos: 1000 experience in Mining
101+ Kudos: 2500 experience in Crafting and Mining
151+ Kudos: 4000 experience in Crafting, Hunter, Prayer, Slayer, and Smithing
Also, once you reach 100 Kudos, the Museum promises to invite you to the recently discovered island, once the canal barge is complete.
On the top floor of the Museum, you will find a Mysterious cape surrounded by a red rope and guarded by a Museum guard. This is the Completionist cape. You can investigate the cape to see how many of the requirements you have left to complete and if you have completed them all, you can purchase the cape from the guard for 5,000,000 coins.
The full list of requirements for the cape is as follows:
- All skills at maximum (120 Dungeoneering and 99 in all other skills).
- All quests completed.
- All tasks completed.
- All spells unlocked from Livid Farm.
- Bones to Peaches spell unlocked from the Mage Training Arena.
- Unlocked the Tune Bane Ore spell from a scroll in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
- Scroll of renewal purchased from the Dungeoneering Rewards trader.
- All Museum Kudos earned.
- Completed the Mage of Zamorak miniquest and unlocked the Abyss.
- Unlocked all Music tracks.
- Completed the Curse of Zaros miniquest.
- Completed the Hopespear's Will miniquest and laid the Goblin High Priests to rest.
- Completed the TzHaar Fight Kiln.
- Completed The Lair of Tarn Razolor miniquest and obtained Tarn's diary.
- Completed the Wizard Burial miniquest and aid Clarence to rest.
- Completed the Mahjarrat Memories miniquest.
- Reached the end of the Stronghold of Player Safety.
- Reached the end of the Stronghold of Security.
- 100% completed all 5 Fremennik Sagas.
- Hunted the Thalassus 10 times after Deadliest Catch.
- Killed the Queen Black Dragon and obtained the First dragonkin journal.
- Claimed a reward from Claus the chef for doing him a favor after completing Carnillean Rising.
- Must have scored at least 1,111 in a session of Big Chinchompa.
- Completed all mining and smithing tasks after What's Mine is Yours.
- Completed the Player-Owned Port tutorial.
- Unlocked the Enhanced yaktwee stick by catching 1,000 charm sprites.
- Completed a Tuska mask.
- Complete the Hyu-Ji, Quin or Eastern Curiosities storylines from your Player-Owned Port.
- Find all the pieces of the Reefwalker's Cape forgotten scroll.
- Find all Zaros and Seren memoriam crystals on Freneskae during or after Fate of the Gods.
- Obtained 'the Annihilator' title by defeating all four Nihil at once during or after Fate of the Gods.
- Find all of Bandos's memories on Yu'Biusk.
- Defeated every boss in the game to earn 'the Reaper' title.
- Unlocked the 'of the Iorwerth' title by completing 8 Dark beast tasks for Morvran.
- Unlocked the 'of the Cadarn' title by killing a combined total of 1,000 Cadarn magus and rangers.
- Unlocked the 'of the Trahaearn' title by mining and smelting 100 Corrupted ore.
- Unlocked the 'of the Crwys' title by growing and checking the health of an Elder tree.
- Unlocked the 'of the Amlodd' title by talking to Lord Amlodd after using a Light creature familiar's special move.
- Unlocked the 'of the Hefin' title by completing 200 laps of the Hefin Agility Course.
- Unlocked the 'of the Meilyr' title by growing and harvesting 50 Harmony moss.
- Found all Memoriam crystals in Prifddinas.
- Must have re-connected the Spirit Tree in Prifddinas with her brethren by growing a Spirit tree in all three patches.
- Must have re-built the Statue of Rhiannon in the Tower of Voices at least once.
- Must perform well enough in Rush of Blood to impress Morvran.
- Unlocked the 'Slayer Master' title by completing 20 waves in the Platinum Rush of Blood in under 10 minutes.
- Unlocked the 'the Famous' title by completing Morvran's Slayer Challenge.
- Must have collected 15 Truthful, Blissful and Manifest shadow cores and claimed a Divination experience lamp from Lord Amlodd.
- Must have given Lady Ithell a crystal ward, staff, wand and orb and claimed the Magic experience lamp from her.
- Must have found the Super melee potion recipe while Dungeoneering, bought it from Lady Meilyr, made the potion and given it to her in return for a Melee experience lamp.
- Must have caught at least one of each type of impling (16 in all) for Daffyd in Prifddinas.
- Must have unlocked and bought all potion recipes from Lady Meilyr.
- Must have found all eight journal pages from the Hefin Agility Course.
- Must have completed all of Tiny Zemouregal's Achievements while in Dimension of Disaster's New Varrock.
- Must have unlocked all the 15 Prawn Perks at the Prawnbroker in your Aquarium.
- Find all thirteen vampyre plushies in Morytainia and return them to Lex in Canifis.
- Completed the construction of the Myreque memorial and spoken to Veliaf.
- Purchase all blueprints in both Invention Technology trees.
- Completed Flag Fall.
- Completed Head of the Family.
- Completed Spiritual Enlightenment.
- Completed Jed Hunter.
- Purchase all unlocks from the Waiko reward shop.
- Unlock the first tier of every upgrade in the Waiko reward shop.
This Special Report was written by Sir_Brendan. Thanks to Mythiquedame, Jakesterwars, ArnoudX, Clamball, Motion_Man, Simply_Hard, Crypto416, Alfawarlord, Maonzhi, Cedros_Man, Arkayla, Fireball0236, LittleJake07, Duct1, hope 1789, Javezz, Jarkur, burster7, and Sirius XM for corrections.
This Special Report was entered into the database on Mon, Jun 25, 2007, at 01:02:38 PM by Jakesterwars, and it was last updated on Tue, Jul 26, 2016, at 08:54:32 PM by Rooskii.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!