14 Cooking and above.
Must be able to enter either Port Phasmatys, or Keldagrim.
- 2 buckets of water
- 2 bunches of barley malt
- Your chosen ingredient
- An empty pot
- 25gp or 5 Ecto-tokens (depending on brewery)
- 8 empty beer glasses (or another method of collecting your finished ale)
- Ghostspeak amulet for Port Phyasmatys
Access to dwarven cart system and Ectophial.
Table of Contents:
There are two breweries where you can make different types ale or cider. The first is in the city of Keldagrim, which you can get to by entering a cave northeast of the Fremennik Province. The second brewery is in Port Phasmatys, which is east of Canifis, in Morytania. You will need Ecto-tokens to enter Port Phasmatys if you have not completed the Ghosts Ahoy quest.
To get to Keldagrim's brewery, go up the stairs north of the bar, on the east side of the city. It is just north of the cart system.
To get to Port Phasmatys' brewery, go down the ladder that is behind the bar, underneath the trap door.
|Name of Ale||Image||Main Ingredient||Effect||Experience
|Cider||4 Apple mush||Increases Farming level by 1||182||14|
|Dwarven stout||4 Hammerstone hops||Increases Smithing and Mining level by 1, decreases combat skills||215||19|
|Asgarnian ale||4 Asgarnian hops||Increases Strength by 2, decreases Attack by 4||248||24|
|Greenmans ale||4 Harralanders||Increases Herblore by 1, decreases combat skills||281||29|
|Wizards mind bomb||4 Yanillian hops||Increases Magic by 3, decreases combat skills||314||34|
|Dragon bitter||4 Krandorian hops||Increases Strength by 2, decreases Attack by 2||347||39|
|Moonlight mead||4 Bittercap mushrooms||Heals 440 life points||380||44|
|Chefs delight||4 Chocolate dust||Increases Cooking by 4, decreases combat skills||446||54|
|Axemans folly||1 Oak roots||Increases Woodcutting by 1, decreases combat skills||413||49|
|Slayers respite||4 Wildblood hops||Increases Slayer by 1 and decreases Attack and Strength by 4||479||59|
Now that you know what you are going to make, bring the materials needed to either brewery and talk to either Blandebir of Keldagrim or Matarialus of Port Phasmatys (requires Amulet of ghostspeak).
Port Phasmatys Brewery:
- Buy a pot of yeast from them for either 5 Ecto-Tokens or 25gp.
- Use the two bucket of water on the vat to fill it, then add the two bunches of barley malt to the vat.
- After that add the main ingredient (see above table) and finish by adding the pot of ale yeast.
- After approximately 8 to 72 hours, depending on your cooking level and the level of ale you are brewing, your ale will finish fermenting. It has a chance of being normal ale, mature ale (which adds a minor boost to its effects), or become bad. If it is bad there is nothing you can do to fix it. Simply empty out the vat by turning the valve, and start over again.
- If your ale is normal or mature, turn the valve to empty the vat of ale into the barrel. From the barrel you can fill your beer glasses. If you would prefer you can use two Calquat kegs to hold your ale instead. To create a Calquat keg, take a Calquat fruit and use a knife on it to scoop out the pulp.
- If you would like a better chance at creating a mature ale, you can use buy some of "The Stuff" from Honest Jimmy in the Trouble Brewing mini-game. When added to the brewing process, "The stuff" will decrease the time needed for brewing to take place. It also increases the chance of any ale becoming mature from roughly 5% to closer to 50%, depending on your cooking level.
When brewing cider instead of ale, you must first get apple mush. Bring 16 cooking apples and 4 buckets to to the brewery. To make apple mush, put four cooking apples into the apple barrel. Your character will automatically collect the apple mush in one of your buckets. Continue until you have 4 buckets of apple mush. Then add your apple mush into the vat. When brewing cider, the apple mush will replace the water and barley, and it is your secondary ingredient. All you will have left to add is the yeast.
This Special Report was written by Kittyhawk.. Thanks to Brandon, Anthuny and DJ Phox. for corrections.
This Special Report was entered into the database on Sun, Sep 11, 2005, at 11:21:29 AM by Im4eversmart, and it was last updated on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 09:39:49 AM by Amoa.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!