- Speak with Ariane at the entrance of the Wizards tower. The easiest way to get here is to use a home teleport to Draynor and run south, following the path. Ariane will be speaking to Wizard Valina about getting into the tower. She will request that you take a message to Archmage Sedridor for her, but before she can relay the message a cutscene will occur.
- Go to the west side of the tower and pick up Wizard Borann's Tower Mindsprike (air) and equip it. Select auto-cast Air Strike from your Magic book. Standing in or towards the beam, Cast air strike on the vortex to lure it into the power beam.
- Head back to Ariane, who has moved outside half way down on the path to Draynor, and speak to her again. She'll inform you that she came here to investigate her premonitions.
- Ascend the beam in the middle twice to get to the third floor and speak with Wizard Ellaron about Ariane, Wizard Traiborn about the vortex, and Archmage Sedridor about the tower being in danger.
- Descend the beam in the middle again and speak with Ariane and tell her what you have learned. She will request that you go back into the tower to search for a key to get into the old tower.
- Head back into the tower and speak with Wizard Ellaron again about getting into the old tower. Wizard Ellaron will inform you that only Archmage Sedridor knows the secret of entry to the ruins. He will inform you that the secret may be in the books.
- Descend back to the library, main floor, and search the eastern most bookcase to receive The Harmony of the Runes and The Runes of the Spells of Water. Read both books and right click on them to view their diagrams.
Head to the organ and follow the diagrams. (Head to the organ and play the following on the lower end (left side): B(x10), A#(x7) G#, and G.) Take the Basement key that appears on screen.
- Go speak to Ariane and tell her you have obtained the key to the old ruins. Head to the east side of the island and unlock the door to the ruins.
- Speak to Ariane inside the entrance, and she will tell you about the four orders of the old wizard tower. Next speak with the Rune guardian and it will ask a series of questions that will determine which of the four orders (Blue, Green, Red, Grey) you are best suited for, if you don't like which order you were picked for you can test again.
*You are behind in your studies due to illness, and a test is coming up. Your place at the tower is safe, but if you fail you will lose some respect. Another apprentice offers you an opportunity to cheat.
**Cheat only enough to make up for my illness and catch up.
**Cheat as much as I can.
**Don't cheat, as I wouldn't learn anything.
**Don't cheat, as it would be wrong.
*An elderly wizard - the last practitioner of a unique branch of magic - dies. Her diary might contain details about her unique magic, but her will states that the diary should be destroyed on her death.
**Destroy the diary without reading it.
**Copy out the most important information, then destroy it.
**Pretend to destroy the diary but actually keep it for myself.
**Put the diary in the library so all wizards can study it.
*A rival wizard is spreading lies about you and has made you the laughing stock of a nearby village. They believe you are of low intelligence and poor moral character, and throw vegetables at you when you visit. What do you do?
**Challenge the wizard to a magical duel in front of the village.
**Try to reason with the villagers and convince them he's lying.
**Appeal to the wizard's better nature and ask him to stop.
**Play practical jokes to knock him down a peg in return.
*You have become a senior wizard and are asked to take on an apprentice. The boy is talented but undisciplined and does not apply himself outside his areas of interest. What is your approach?
**Constantly challenge him, forcing him to learn discipline
**Show patience and compassion so he has a safe place to grow.
**Concentrate on his weaknesses so he receives a balanced education.
**Give him the resources to develop his areas of interest.
*A senior wizard asks you to take part in a ritual that will greatly benefit the tower. Before the ritual starts, you discover that he learned part of it from a demon. The ritual appears safe, but demons are expert liars.
**Study the ritual and make up my own mind about its safety.
**Stop the ritual: it may be corrupt in a way I can't detect.
**Make sure the demonic influence is balanced by other influences.
**Go ahead with the ritual but focus on my personal safety.
(All of the first options make you a Red Wizard).
(All of the second options make you a Blue Wizard).
(All of the third options make you a Green Wizard).
(All of the fourth options make you a Grey Wizard).
If you are tied between two orders, you will be asked a further question: *Which of these do you prefer?*
After all of the questions you will receive a First tower hat, which changes colors as you put it on to reflect the order you belong to.
- Go through the door and follow the staircase down, when you get to a gap in the staircase climb-behind the nearby statue to use it as a bridge. Continue down the stairs into the next room.
- You'll find two of each color vorticies around the middle of the tower, speak with Ariane and she'll request that you bring a vortex into the circle she creates so she can examine it. Whilst she is examining, you need to keep the vortex in the circle by casting air strikes at it - pull the vortex towards you by casting a spell.
- Once finished examining, the circle will disappear. Speak with Ariane and she'll inform you that they're not ghosts but soul fragments. She will inform you that she can replace the enchantment on the vortices but you will have to delay Archmage Sedridor's casting of the Icyenic Purge.
Head back to the "new tower" and start playing the organ randomly. Archmage Sedridor will stop you three times for breaking their concentration. Ariane will finish her enchantment right before the Icyenic Purge and Archmage Sedridor will think that they alone stopped the entities from breaching the tower again.
- Head to the eastern side of the island and speak with Ariane and she will inform you that the vortices are trapped in the ruins again. She will give you 70 mind runes and an air talisman that she had found in the ruins.
This Quest Guide was written by Zidane3838. Thanks to Fireball0236, Monkeychris, knight_v3, Demonichell, Rebelbeta, Sharker998, Archangel Malachi, Neek, Nitr021, Tomk4k, Therichsweede, Poison, Keystone, pjr2000, Chaosblade77, ossie000, Alfawarlord , Isana, pokemama, Brenden, Realruth, Sccrluk9, uknowme60, DarkBlitz, kassandra, Keata Kat, kilvehk, Meowmix686 and evadek for corrections.
This Quest Guide was entered into the database on Mon, Dec 01, 2003, at 06:12:25 PM by MrStormy and CJH, and it was last updated on Sun, Nov 24, 2013, at 09:47:20 PM by Mr Tudjay.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!