Be able to solve very taxing puzzles and logic problems
Must be a female character. Note: If you have completed Druidic Ritual prior to January 31, 2012, you will have to complete the updated version in order to do this quest.
Ask Sir Amik Varze, on the third floor in the western tower of the White Knights' Castle in Falador, if he has any quests for you. He will tell you that he wants you to become a Temple Knight, and that you must meet his contact person in Falador park.
Go to the bank, and remove all the items and armor you are carrying. If you are a male character, you must visit Make-over mage to change your gender.
Head over to the southwestern part of Falador park. Talk to Sir Tiffy Cashien, who is sitting on a bench. He will teleport you to the secret training grounds where the tests will begin.
In total, you will have to pass five out of the seven tests listed below. Which puzzles and in what order you will receive them, is random. Remember that if you fail a test or leave the training grounds, you will have to start all over again. You may alway ask each overseer if you would like a hint or a new puzzle.
Ms. Hynn Terpett (Riddles):
Ms. Hynn Terprett will give you a few riddles to answer.
If you can choose how to die would you be: drowned in a lake of acid, burned on a fire, thrown to wolves that have not eaten in a month, thrown from a castle that is hundreds of feet high?
Answer: The wolves, as wolves cannot live without food for over a month.
I have dropped four identical stones into four identical buckets, each containing an identical amount of water. The first bucket was at 32, the second at 33, the third at 34, and the fourth at 35 degrees. Which bucket's stone hit the bottom last?
Answer: 32 degrees.
A father is four times as old as his daughter. In 20 years he will be twice as old as his daughter. How old is his daughter?
The number of false statements here is one. The number of false statements here is two. The number of false statements here is three. The number of false statements here is four. How many false statements are there?
Counting the creatures and humans in RuneScape you get about a million inhabitants. If you multiply the fingers on their left hand, how many would you get?
Answer: 0, you do not know how many fingers each inhabitant has.
Simply look at the the first letter of every line he says. The letters will spell out a word. Once you know the word, enter the combination to open the door.
Possible answers: FISH, BITE, RAIN, LAST, PASS, TIME, CLUE, or MEAT.
Sir Tinley (Patience):
Speak to Sir Tinley to start the test. He will give you "patience" as your only clue. All you have to do is stand still, until Sir Tinley informs you that you have passed this test.
Sir Kuam Ferentse (Combat):
For the next task Sir Kuam Ferentse will instruct you will to defeat Sir Leye (level 7). In order to kill him you must be a female character.
Sir Spishyus (Chicken, Fox, and Grain Puzzle):
In this room you have to solve a classical puzzle. To pass Sir Spishyus' test you have to take a Chicken, a Fox, and Grain across the bridge. Due to the bridge being so old you are only allowed to take one item across it at a time. This is not as easy as it sounds. The fox cannot be left alone with the chicken, and the chicken cannot be left alone with the grain.
- Take the chicken to the other side of the bridge.
- Next, walk back across and then take the fox across.
- After that, take the chicken back across the bridge.
- Then, take the grain to the other side and leave it with the fox.
- Finally, return for the chicken and take it across.
To get to the other side, you need to open a door with no handle and use a key that is chained to one side of the room. All you have to do is make a replica of the key and create a door handle for the stone door.
- Collect all the items you can find in the shelves, bookcases, crates, chest, and on the table.
- Next, talk to Miss Cheevers and ask for help.
- Search one of the bookcases afterwards to find the Alchemical notes, a book that may provide you with some clues to how to solve the puzzle.
- For the stone door you will need to create a handle, and for the wooden door you will need a key.
- Once you have both, open the stone door using the handle and open the wooden door with the key.
- Use the Metal spade with the Bunsen burner.
- Use the metal part of the spade with the stone door.
- Use the Cupric sulphate, the Sodium chloride, and the Acetic acid with the Metal spade (without handle).
- Finally, use a Vial of Liquid on the stone door.
- Use the Gypsum with the Tin.
- Use Vial of Liquid with the Tin.
- Use the Tin with the hardening substance in it with the key on the floor.
- Use the Tin ore powder and the Cupric ore powder on the Tin.
- Use the Tin with the Bunsen burner.
- Use the Bronze wire with Tin.
- Now you have a Bronze key or Knife.
Lady Table (Memory Puzzle):
For this test you will have to use your memorizing skill. You have 10 seconds to memorize the 11 statues Lady Table will show you. There are 3 colors (bronze, silver, and gold) and 4 types of weapons that the knights are holding (halberd, sword, flail, or a great axe). When your 10 seconds are up, 12 statues will appear. It is up to you to touch the statue that has been added. Tip: Look for the color of which there are only 3 statues. Then look for the weapon which only 3 statues are holding.
- If you can choose how to die would you be: drowned in a lake of acid, burned on a fire, thrown to wolves that have not eaten in a month, thrown from a castle that is hundreds of feet high?
After completing five puzzles, you will be teleported back to Falador Park. Speak to Sir Tiffy Cashien to receive your reward.
Note: If you had to change your gender to complete the quest, go to Make-over mage for a free-of-charge make-over.
Congratulations! Quest Completed!
Gaze of Saradomin and Initiate Armor:
Upon completing the quest you will receive the Gaze of Saradomin. This means that your respawn point (if you die) will be set to the courtyard of the White Knights' Castle in Falador. However, you may ask Sir Tiffy Cashien to shift your respawn point back to Lumbridge.
You may also purchase Initiate armor from Sir Tiffy Cashien: 20K gp for the complete set, 10K gp for the Initiate hauberk (platebody), 8K gp for the Initiate cuisse (platelegs), or 6K gp for the Initiate sallet (helm). Initiate is one of the few sets of armor that boost your Prayer bonus. Besides the completion of the quest, you also need a level of 20 Defence to wear this type of armor.
This Quest Guide was written by Boksi, Slow Cheetah, and markusthaman. Thanks to Im4eversmart, DeadCorpse99, Froggel, Beechy999, kidmuscle1, MP3two, trekkie, Ghoulies, the_real_gte, giantbug123, Holy Imam, jezza_xdude, TheRulnig, ABSinclair, Xtotre, G3N0 Unknown, Will778, Alk12, Zamorakgiant, Alex201285, Alfawarlord, Rinka Leffel, fireparas, AlbanianBaby, 2003 Veteran, and FireHazard772 for corrections.
This Quest Guide was entered into the database on Mon, Jun 27, 2005, at 01:22:18 PM by Im4eversmart, and it was last updated on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 04:34:36 PM by Jarkur.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!