Abbess Benita will explain to you that a member of the abbey, Sister Anna, has been murdered. And she will need your help to start an investigation about this matter. She will ask you to take a peek in Sister Anna's cell and give you the Key to the cell. She will also ask you to question possible suspects around the abbey. Finally, she will hand you an Investigator's notebook so you can keep track of your progress in the murder investigation.
Start by going to the room just east to Abbess Benita's and start questioning Sister Elena. Use all the conversation options to gain three clues in your Notebook:
- Sister Elena disliked Sister Anna. She claimed that Sister Anna argued with Abbess Benita.
- Sister Elena claims she was in the kitchen at the time of the murder.
- Sister Elena claims that food has been stolen from the cellar.
After you've spoken to Sister Elena, head east and go up the stairs, then follow the spiral stairs two stages up. You will see some feet sticking out from under the clockwork machinery. Talk to the feet and say you’re an adventurer. She’ll tell you to set the right time on the clock, so operate the clock mechanism south of her feet. Click the right arrow to set the timer 20 minutes further so the clock shows 12 o'clock. Close the window and the abbey bell will ring. Sister Debora is now ready for questioning. Ask her the same questions to obtain the following clues:
- Sister Debora claims she was in the clock tower at the same time of the murder.
- Abbess Benita was planning to retire and Sister Anna would have succeeded her as Abbess.
Now go down the stairs again and head south to the oratory (the chapel). Inside you will find two sisters to question. Start by speaking to Sister Cecilia who's directing the chapel's choir. To the right of the choir is a respawn of the Hymn book containing the words to the song they are singing. Question Sister Cecilia about the murder to obtain two clues from her:
- Sister Cecilia's hymn is to Saint Elspeth.
- Sister Cecilia claims she was in the oratory at the time of the murder.
- Sister Cecilia told me about the Ripper demon.
Now move on to Sister Catherina, who's in the chapel as well near the altar, and question her to obtain two more clues:
- Sister Catherina claims she was in the scriptorium at the time of the murder.
- An applicant visited the abbey recently but disappeared.
Go outside of the abbey and head southwest toward the dancers and musician (look for the musician symbol on the mini-map). To the right of the dancers is a respawn of a Lyric sheet to the song being sung. Proceed to question Valerio to obtain three clues:
- Valerio claims he was in Al Kharid at the time of the murder.
- Valerio's love song.
- Valerio had a history with Sister Anna.
Go to the abbey's infirmary, which is the most south-western room of the abbey, and Inspect Sister Anna's body to obtain four more clues:
- Facial mutilations.
- Blunt wound on the back of the victim's head.
- Stab wounds in the victim's chest.
- Victim's feet mutilated.
Now it is time to take a peek into Sister Anna's cell. The rooms of the sisters are found south of the chapel, in the southeast corner of the abbey. From west to east, Sister Anna's cell will be the first one. Inspect her bed, to obtain a Cloth fragment, and her window for two further clues:
- Cloth fragment under Sister Anna's bed.
- Sister Anna's window was broken from the inside.
- Head back to Abbess Benita and ask her about something you've found. Question her about the Cloth fragment and about the applicant, whose name was Isabella, to discover she had stayed in the room just west of the Abbess.
- Enter Isabella's room and search the bed just in front of the room's entrance to obtain another Cloth fragment and another clue added to your notebook:
- Cloth fragment under a bed in the applicant dormitory.
Go back to the Abbess Benita once again, and inform her you've finished investigating. She will ask you to tell her who you suspect. Make a choice and then you will hear a scream. The Abbess will ask you to follow the sound of the screams to find out what's going on. Go to the north-eastern room then descend the stairs to the cellar. You will find out that Sister Elena has been attacked.
Go to the chapel, and after a bit of chat with Sister Cecilia and Abbess Benita, you will be asked to do the same investigation process you did for Sister Anna, but, with Sister Elena this time. Start by investigating the bloodstains and the body to obtain the following clues:
- Second victim's body moved from the reliquary to near the stairs.
- Stab wounds on the second victim's body.
- Claw marks on the second victim's arms and hands.
- Second victim's face not mutilated.
- Scratches on second victim's feet.
- Wound on the back of the second victim's head.
Still in the cellar, open the robe cabinet against the west wall of the east room and search it to obtain another clue:
- Killer may have hidden in the robe cabinet.
Before resurfacing, run into the room to the west of the body and inspect one of the shelves. You will notice that the packages have been opened and their contents extracted. Once that has been done, go back up and enter the chapel. Question Sister Cecilia who is now sitting on a bench in front of the choir. You will obtain a new clue:
- Sister Cecilia claims she saw the Ripper demon.
Go to the Abbess Benita again and ask her for the key of Sister Elena's room. Head back to the rooms south of the chapel. From west to east, Sister Elena's cell will be the third room. Search the bed to find a bundle of Letters and read them to obtain another clue:
- Love-letters between Sister Elena and Valerio.
Run to the kitchen, and search the sacks in the northern wall to discover a hole in the wall and obtain a clue:
- Secret passage from the kitchen to outside the abbey.
Once again, exit the abbey and question Valerio, who is south of the entrance, about Sister Elena to obtain one more clue:
- Valerio confirms he was seeing Sister Elena.
- Report back to Abbess Benita. Question her about Sister Elena and Valerio, and then inform her you've finished your investigations. Pick your suspect and you will be asked to bring Sister Catherina, who is dancing near Valerio, back inside the abbey. You will now unlock the Troubadour dance emote. A cutscene will now occur where Sister Catherina is murdered.
- Just inside the entrance to the abbey, go up the ladder near the portcullis and operate the winch to open it. Go back down and inspect Sister Catherina's body. A bit of chat will go on, after which return to the Abbess' office and speak with her and Valerio in order to formulate a plan to catch the killer. Select a suspect, then suggest to lay a trap for the killer using another potential victim as bait. Remark that they were all associated with Valerio.
After a plan has been agreed upon, it is time to set up the trap. Begin by picking a Cabbage from the nearby patch, as you will need it soon. Now head back to the abbey's cellar and move the candelabrum just north of the reliquary. The candelabrum will now be facing the reliquary. Place the cabbage you picked earlier on the top by using it with the candelabrum. Proceed by grabbing a set of Citharede robes from the robe cabinet to the west and use it with the Cabbage-on-candelabrum. This done, go back to the cabinet and hide inside it to wait for the killer.
A cutscene will follow. Then, attempt to knock-out the killer and he will run away to the surface. Head to the abbey's entrance, and another cutscene will appear. The killer will now run away to the chapel room. Follow him inside and try to catch him. Another small cutscene will occur.
- Now go up to the clock tower, north of the chapel, all the way to the abbey bell floor. Meet with the killer, who is Sister Anna! Go through all the conversation options.
- Go down one floor and operate the clock mechanism and move the arrow back until the clock shows 12 o'clock, and close the window. Go back up and make Sister Anna listen to the bell, and a short cutscene will display. After it, you will find Sister Anna laying on the floor. Talk to Sister Debora who will then leave. Talk to Sister Anna and pick any option on how to treat her. You or she will then throw her from the tower and a final cutscene will follow.
Have a final chat with Abbess Benita and pick any option to finish the quest.
Congratulations! Quest Completed!
Ability to make Illuminated god books (with 60 Prayer and 60 Crafting).
Use a god book on the book-making table in the Scriptorium (next to the Infirmary) and follow the options in order from top to bottom. If you don’t, and you miss click, you will have to start again. One book uses a total of 800 prayer points to create (200 points per option). You can recharge your prayer at the nearby altar in the oratory.
Once you copy the book, you gain an Illuminated version as well as retaining the original. You gain 10K Crafting XP and 10K Prayer XP for each god book you illuminate (once per god book, so potentially 60K to each skill if you have Saradomin, Zamorak, Guthix, Armadyl, Bandos, and Zaros god books). Illuminated god books have a +3 prayer bonus over their previous version.
Ability to obtain the Saint Elspeth's Holy Cithara from the Reliquary in the cellar of the abbey. You must be wearing six Saradomin items along with a Ring of visibility and a Ghostspeak amulet/Cramulet (wear nothing else) in order to obtain it. Make sure you have full prayer points (normal or lunar spellbooks only), full energy, and nothing in your inventory. This will give you 50k prayer XP (you MUST have normal prayers on and curses off for this) and a wieldable cithara (which looks like a lyre) with a right-click option to "play." This will result in you performing an emote playing the cithara.
- Ability to restore prayer points, as well as run energy, with the "Listen" function at a musician when wearing the four Citharede robe items. Citharede robes set can be stored in the Armour case of your POH.
This Quest Guide was written by Ralkal and Capudie. Thanks to Mistress Vane, Zidane3838, Tenseiken, and Steve. for corrections.
This Quest Guide was entered into the database on Mon, Nov 07, 2011, at 08:14:05 PM by Double_D_Edd, and it was last updated on Wed, May 01, 2013, at 12:53:06 AM by Zidane3838.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!