This minigame takes place on a separate server. You'll be taken there by talking to Brian O'Richard. You have 15 minutes to collect your score. The higher your score, the more points you are rewarded. For the first 500, you'll get 20% of your score. After that, you get a smaller percentage. However it is unwise to leave once you get 500 points due to a large penalty on your awarded points. Continue collecting until you can leave without getting a score penalty to maximize your score.
When teleported to the area, you'll have a few items in your pack:
- Refining apparatus: The number also shows up in bars above your head. These give you a small score boost when mixing reagents.
- Catalyst powder: You'll need 1 catalyst powder for every time you combine both reagents. Make sure you never fall without or you'll be kicked.
- Empty pressure flask (a) : You can fill this by heading to the machine with the yellow marker above.
- Empty pressure flask (b ) : You can fill this by heading to the machine with the blue marker above.
- Sealed funnel: Contains charge gained by the charge machine. It will give you a score bonus of 10% for 1 charge and 20% for 2 charges (max). This also contains a bit of residu.
The area consists of a few machines separated by corridors and obstacles. The outer corridors do not have doorways. The inner ones can only be accessed by an open doorway or a pressing a blue button to open a doorway. The yellow marker will always be within the inner circle while the blue one will be in the outer area. Both arrows will point to a reagent machine. The yellow arrow will point to the A machine, collecting this will fill the pressure flask(a) in your inventory. The blue one will fill the other pressure flask. The order in which you collect either does not matter.
Once you have both reagents, make your way to a mixing machine.
You'll notice another machine in the outer edges called a charge machine. The charge machine can be accessed with your You can hold a maximum of 2 charges at a time, giving you a 20% score boost. Once you arrive at a mixing machine, you will receive 100 score for both reagents + bonus charges + bonus from your apparatus and some residu bonus. Checking how much you'll receive can be done by calling the status on your sealed funnel. For each time you use a mixing machine, you will require one catalyst powder. When you run out of this powder, you will be teleported out of the game. When this happens before there are only 2 minutes left(or 4 with a factory body, check further), you will receive a penalty on your points.
To collect more catalyst powder, you can run to the middle of the room where you'll find the catalyst machine. Attempting to pick this will result in either failing or obtaining more catalyst powder. If you fail to pickpocket, simply try again. Another way to get catalyst powder is by searching rubble on the ground, though the rate in which you can receive catalyst powder from this is completely random.
Obtaining more apparatus can be done by pickpocketing other players. Each player has their amount of apparatus resembled above their head in small bars. The amount of bars equals the amount of apparatus. As with catalyst powder, apparatus can also be obtained from rubble. Another way for this is to run around the map as every time a player leaves, his apparatus will be scattered around the outer edges of the map. The maximum amount of apparatus a player can have is 6.
Watch out when going through corridors with doorways as these will close down when another corridor is openend. If you find yourself trapped in a corridor, click the doorway to escape. Make sure you get out of the corridor in time, otherwise you'll be teleported away to a random location. The outer edges of the game are always safe to move through, but it'll take longer to get around.
As stated above, rubble can contain apparatus and catalyst powder. It can however also contain flash powder (although this does not appear in your inventory), pieces of the rogue outfit or lots of useless rock. It's usually found at either Reagent machine (A) or at a Mixer machine. You'll have to look very carefully as it won't show up on the minimap and is a collection of very small rocks. Search the rubble to get your reward.
To leave the game early, simply abandon an inventory item.
- Abandoning any equipment will result in you being removed from the game. A warning will be prompted when you attempt this.
- Corridors can be dangerous, a corridor might close while you are in it. This will result in the corrider being depressurized. You'll need to click the doorway in order to leave. If you are not in time, you will be teleported to a random corner in the game area. There is however currently a bug that fails to teleport you and kicks you out of the game when you get trapped. The penalty does still apply here.
Whenever you play this game, you need to collect the reagents. If you ever pass a charge machine and you do not have 20% charge, you should use it. Pickpocketing players is not profitable as apparatus only give a minor bonus to your score. If you happen to come across rubble or apparatus on the ground, go for it.
When going for maximum points, 1000 is the maximum score for which you get points. Anything above that will not award any additional points. For a 1000 score, you will be awarded 155 points. For a 500 score you will get 100 points and for a 900 score, you'll get 150 points. It's advised to collect 900-1000 points, however when you come down to 2 minutes (or 4 with a factory body), drop a pressure flask to leave the game.
Pickpocketing players is usually a waste of time, but when you are standing still at a mixing machine and you get the opportunity it might be rewarding in the long run.
Decency states that when you have 1000 points and you still have time left (>2 or >4 minutes), you let people know that you are free for pickpocketing. This gives players a little extra bonus.
Buying pieces of the set would be strategic in the following order:
- Factory trousers (eliminates the need to collect more catalyst powder in game)
- Factory boots (fail less obstacles)
- Factory mask (more luck with rubble)
- Factory gloves (better pickpocketting)
- Factory top (2 extra minutes in game, but you can leave 4 minutes before the end of the game without getting a penalty)
When the time is up or when you've left early without getting a penalty, you'll receive 20% points on the first 500 in game score but less on any additional points. You can achieve a maximum score of 1000 in game which will award you 155 points.
For every point you can get 120 thieving experience or 95 agility experience. The factory set can be bought here:
|Item name||Image||Cost||Other info|
|Factory mask||2250points||Gives additional luck when searching rubble.|
|Factory top||3500 points||Gives two additional minutes in the game area.|
|Factory trousers||2750points||Gives two additional catalyst powder.|
|Factory gloves||1750 points||Improves your pickpocketing ability.|
|Factory boots||1750 points||Improves obstacle performance.|
- When having 3 pieces of the factory armor equipped, you have a chance to make a 4-dose potion instead of a normal 3-dose.
- When having 5 pieces of the factory armor equipped, you will gain exp from making unf pots. The exp-rates are the same of cleaning the corresponding herb.
This Minigame Guide was written by CapuDie.
This Minigame Guide was entered into the database on Thu, Oct 04, 2012, at 06:51:38 PM by CapuDie, and it was last updated on Sat, Oct 06, 2012, at 07:39:47 PM by CapuDie.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!