Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

BellaDonna57 : (Jul 28,2014 22:18) I wonder if the Araxxor video thing crashed it?
DailyDoseofRS : (Jul 28,2014 21:18) oh hey guys if you guys haven't figured it out yet just type runescape in google and click "the No.1 free online" link
DailyDoseofRS : (Jul 28,2014 21:01) I NEED MY DAILY DOSE OF RS MAN!
Sola Wind : (Jul 28,2014 20:11) server overload time
roadi0223 : (Jul 28,2014 20:02) i cant connect to RS webiste at all. anyone know whats going on?
ImpOfLegends : (Jul 28,2014 18:48) So whats up with RS? I was on a while ago and now i get a configuration error...
Smileur : (Jul 28,2014 18:34) Looks like RS servers are failing right now ! o_o
The Gatorboy : (Jul 28,2014 18:08) Or not? idk runescape is being mean to me :P
The Gatorboy : (Jul 28,2014 18:07) nevermind now I can
The Gatorboy : (Jul 28,2014 18:07) I can't even connect to runescape's website O.o
6andalf : (Jul 28,2014 16:11) Oh hey
6andalf : (Jul 28,2014 16:11) Laggy's better than what I have atm.
October Rust : (Jul 28,2014 16:06) it is currently very very laggy..like it is updating, or everyone is creating instances
6andalf : (Jul 28,2014 16:05) Also, is anyone else unable to do anything on runescape.com? I can't even get client to run.
6andalf : (Jul 28,2014 16:03) It's Shpikey and Cardinal's birthday?
Sliver : (Jul 28,2014 14:56) Happy birthday you two! :D
Hope : (Jul 28,2014 14:11) Happy birthday Shpikey and Cardinal.
Starlit Sky : (Jul 28,2014 13:51) is rs down atm??
3ter 1 : (Jul 28,2014 13:34) no lol
The Gatorboy : (Jul 28,2014 13:19) Are you actually writing one?

Photo

Combat Beta Causing Mass Exodus From Rs?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 SmoothScape

SmoothScape

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 36 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

As many of you know there has been a lot of uproar about the beta and one particular video has been going viral in the youtube community regarding the nostalgia of older RS. There seems to be a large consensus that a VERY considerable number of players intend on quitting when the actual beta goes live. As such I decided to make a poll on my youtube giving users these options:

-Yes, I will continue to play regardless.

-Yes, I will continue to play but not in the current state of the beta.

-No, I will quit.

Will You Play Runescape When The Beta Goes Live?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMIZk1qU2I

At the time of this messageboard post, the votes stand as follows:

-Yes, I will continue to play regardless. 37

-Yes, I will continue to play but not in the current state of the beta. 17

-No, I will quit. 61

Basically, the number of people claiming they will quit outnumbers the numbers that will stay by a cumulative vote of 61 to 54. How significant do you think this current discontent will be on the actual climate of the game and do you think the player-base will drop significantly?
Check out my youtube channel right here: youtube.com/user/SmoothScape for daily vids! Thanks =)

#2 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

So ive just come back to RS after a hideous of nearly a year....so why is this combat update causing such an uproar?

[url=http://runetrack.com/competitions/competition_tracker.php?id=17397]Peever142.png[/url]

#3 SmoothScape

SmoothScape

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

So ive just come back to RS after a hideous of nearly a year....so why is this combat update causing such an uproar?

It has basically completely changed the way everything works with combat that has been implemented since the beginning of RS. This includes armor, health, food, special attacks etc etc
Check out my youtube channel right here: youtube.com/user/SmoothScape for daily vids! Thanks =)

#4 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

It has basically completely changed the way everything works with combat that has been implemented since the beginning of RS. This includes armor, health, food, special attacks etc etc

Well that seems a bit stupid...... That being said I only use combat for Slayer so im not as worried..... and im a skiller at heart so il up for giving it a chance

[url=http://runetrack.com/competitions/competition_tracker.php?id=17397]Peever142.png[/url]

#5 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

When RS2 came out it was a total overhaul of what all the classic players knew,..... so many of us said we would stay and never change over.....needless to say....

#6 Munter

Munter

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

When RS2 came out it was a total overhaul of what all the classic players knew,..... so many of us said we would stay and never change over.....needless to say....

This.
Pretty much every update causes the "OMG jamflex if u no cancel updati i swearz i wil quit!@$%!" and well, that really never happens. So maybe some people will be thrown out of their comfort zone for a little bit at first, I know I was, but then everyone will come around and realize that this DOES help the game.

#7 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

This.
Pretty much every update causes the "OMG jamflex if u no cancel updati i swearz i wil quit!@$%!" and well, that really never happens. So maybe some people will be thrown out of their comfort zone for a little bit at first, I know I was, but then everyone will come around and realize that this DOES help the game.

Been plenty of updates over the years that have put me out of my comfort zone but adjusted and life went on. Thing is a year from now most will look book and laugh at the thought of quiting over it....

#8 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Uck you little crybabies.

Yes I'll play after the beta is launched. Why would you quit something you paid quite a lot for? >.> So much accomplishment? And your just quitting? You people have no pride in your work. :I
Angel_Seina.pngAngel_Seina.png

I, Kairi , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#9 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'll still play when beta comes out. Some people can't accept change. To those saying that it's not skill and is button mashing. Mashing buttons won't help you when more abilities that require timing comes out.

Rockman_X.png

#10 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Uck you little crybabies.

Yes I'll play after the beta is launched. Why would you quit something you paid quite a lot for? >.> So much accomplishment? And your just quitting? You people have no pride in your work. :I

Thats the spirit :dwarf:

#11 Nofu

Nofu

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

I think you guys shouldn't look at it as 'work'. Yes we paid money to play Runescape, but that is it. If I were to get 3 99's or bankstare, I still spent that money. I pay Jagex to play Members because I like the game I was playing. I was willing to front the monthly payments so I could play the game I WANTED. If I don't like the game anymore and decide to quit, it is my choice. Just because I don't like the game anymore shouldn't mean I have to feel obligated to play because of all of my hard-work.

Mr_Nofu.png

1000000000.png

I am a Caucasian male, Conservative, and Christian. The Triple C. I don't hate anyone and I don't want your money. I just want to keep mine. 

#12 TheWorldIsYours

TheWorldIsYours

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Everyone freaks out. You all know you'll get used to it, it's change. Stuff like this happens all the time. I don't think it's a matter of not accepting change, it's a matter of being reluctant to it, just to have your say. Then eventually you'll take the good with the bad, and eventually you'll see it as not a big deal at all.

#13 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Influential Iron Dragon

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm going to continue playing after the Beta launches because I still enjoy Runescape, normal or updated. I've had people I know quit over this, most of them are idiotic to be honest. They don't give it much extended thought and just react right there, hence mostly ragequitting.

One very legitimate blog post by RSMV maker Regicidal (Yak City and RS Rap Battles of History fame) explains why people shouldn't just flip at this update, and points out even though he's popular, he doesn't have to support lame things like hating the Beta. The Mind of Regicidal on Tumblr

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 874 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

In a lot of cases, a good portion of the people who post on the official forums are people who are dissatisfied with an update, the people who like the update are too busy enjoying it to post. I'm not worried about a 'mass exodus'. Will there be a lot of people who quit? Yes. There were also a lot of people who quit with RS2 came out, free trade/wildy disappeared, when free trade/wildy came back... and a lot of people who quit came back too. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed in beta still, but that's why they're having a beta for it. Honestly, combat needed a facelift, it's been the same for way too many years and this update allows Jagex to introduce bigger challenges into the game
signature.jpg

#15 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

I shall not quit, I enjoy my character too much to do that.

But something confuses me here. Ppl are quitting b/c RS is getting to easier in the skills, but now they want to quit b/c combat is getting "harder" in their opinion?

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#16 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Saw some dude on a vid getting 240k melee xp an hour kill the bandos general...training will be easy O_o

EDIT: also, I tend to think the time I put into RS as sitting at a computer moving your fingers and not work. But whatever ;)

Edited by Joeythegrape, 02 August 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

If you take a look at my poll you will notice that a very few people on here hate the combat beta, and I think it is only 3 will quit, mass exodus? maybe, maybe not, change is essential or things remain the same, I don't like the new combat as it is but I will get used to it, if you cant get used to it I hope you enjoy, listening to your vinyl music records, Betamax video recorders and window 3.11.

Life is far to short to worry about stupid little things

Theworldsyours sums it up nicely

I don't think it's a matter of not accepting change, it's a matter of being reluctant to it, just to have your say.

Pi_Stoff.png

#18 Tabion

Tabion

RHQ Clan Staff

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 1,513 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Saw some dude on a vid getting 240k melee xp an hour kill the bandos general...training will be easy O_o

So many threads and post about stuff like this.
It's a beta, a combat beta we are testing the combat, there's thousands of NPCs they need to balence, and I'd wager its of less importance than getting the combat worked out

Tabion360.png

Spoiler

#19 Munter

Munter

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

So many threads and post about stuff like this.
It's a beta, a combat beta we are testing the combat, there's thousands of NPCs they need to balence, and I'd wager its of less importance than getting the combat worked out

I agree. There's no reason that they'd bother themselves with evening out NPCs just for the beta. They'd logically finalize what the new combat is going to be, before fixing all the NPCs to work with it.

#20 Kushie

Kushie

Big Daddy Kush,Master of The Ban-hammer Slam

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

This combat overhaul was LONG overdue. It hadn't changed in over 10 years. Those that quit ;we probably won't miss them. I will play until I decide it's no longer fun to play anymore. I can say being a 10year player that MANY game changing updates have come down the pipe.(Runecrafting, Then Runespan,Wildy/No wildy, Trade limits set and thrown away,just to name a few) Those of us still around are the reason this game is the way it is.As i said in many other posts we need to be the role models for the new generation of players,and let those who wanna quit do just that. I know I won't miss them.
Posted Image

Thanks to Brandon for an awesome sig!

I,Kushie A.K.A. Kush X, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.