Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Zyneste : (Jul 30,2014 8:01) Gratz Rednar! Cash out 2,500,000 for a giggle? :P
Rednar : (Jul 30,2014 6:17) http://puu.sh/axj1q.png
Ian W : (Jul 30,2014 5:35) Hi. I am looking for a Pheonix gang member to team up with so we can both complete Shield of Arrav. Please PM me in game. Thanks Little Wimp
KRUT PATEL : (Jul 30,2014 5:17) YOLO ALL!
Everold : (Jul 30,2014 0:31) Hes at it again.... http://www.twitch.tv/everold tryin to get them bandos abilities
Deimos_XD : (Jul 29,2014 21:48) Gratz Gator!
Kelrie : (Jul 29,2014 21:48) Considering coming back from hiatus :)
The Gatorboy : (Jul 29,2014 21:40) WHOO! FIRST CHAOTIC I got the spear
2003 Veteran : (Jul 29,2014 20:24) I've been playing since 2003, but this account was made in 2006. :P
The Gatorboy : (Jul 29,2014 19:33) Grats veteran! (if you are actually a 2003 veteran, wow that took you a long time :P)
2003 Veteran : (Jul 29,2014 19:21) Finally hit 2000 total level! :D
The Gatorboy : (Jul 29,2014 18:14) If only there was such thing as a Medic level. I guess constitution.
Bazzy : (Jul 29,2014 17:44) Quick 10 minute checkup with the site, holiday going well, already bought several pairs of sunglasses (the main thing I have to get every single year.)
2003 Veteran : (Jul 29,2014 17:05) Waste of xp
HAMMERTME : (Jul 29,2014 15:31) lol
McSwindler : (Jul 29,2014 15:18) I think you need a chiropractor
2003 Veteran : (Jul 29,2014 15:10) I need a laptop... Back is hurting like crazy and I don't feel like getting up to go to my desktop ;-;
HAMMERTME : (Jul 29,2014 15:00) i did thanks
The Gatorboy : (Jul 29,2014 14:33) Hammertime, please make a post in the designated thread, as stated below http://www.runehq.co...est-assistance/
HAMMERTME : (Jul 29,2014 14:21) im part of black arm

Photo

Do You Need God-Given Talent to Play a Professional Sport?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

So, there's a topic on another forum specifically for sports related stuff, but the majority people on there are ignorant and sometimes pretty stupid, so I thought I'd bring that topic here.

Now, I understand this isn't exactly the best place to discuss the stuff like this, but whatever, I like you guys :P

So, do you need god-given ability to play proffesional sports?

Personally, I think you do. I mean, you don't have to be amazing physically to excel in any sports, but I think your mental approach needs to be. For example, most god-given abilities are simply the ability to persevere and not give up, clutchness, dedication, and/or attitude.

I'm sure we all know someone that physically shouldn't excel in something, but they do anyways to do there mentalilty.
Posted Image

#2 Julien

Julien

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

In my opinion i feel you do not need "god-given ability" to play professional sports. I think the individual should love the sport enough to play their best and work hard. Yes, there are many individuals with great abilities, but you have to ask yourself "Did it just come to them or did they work hard to gain them?". In the world of sports i don't think the ability is just given to them but received through working hard or just playing the sport they love for fun. Playing sports throughout childhood and maintaining and furthering your skills in that sport builds up how good you play later in life.

:: If this doesn't make sense please tell me. I will try to re-word it better. ::

#3 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't think you need god given talent to play a sport, however you do need talent to get really good at it and go to the olympics... that's something less than 1% of the population of usa gets to participate in and that's out of the whole world... so every person in the olympics right now, is less than 1% of just usa's pop... heck i think less than 1% get to even make it to the final trials.

forumsigp.png

#4 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

What Julien said. It's all about training. Obviously, some find it easier than others, just as some people find other things easier than others, but a lot of training, hard effort and work can make all the difference, in my opinion.
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Yamon

Yamon

Courteous KBD

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

You must have God-given talent if you want to be good in a certain sport in my opinion.
Also when you discover the talent you have to put effort on training so you can keep getting better.
Posted Image