Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Deimos_XD : (Aug 20,2014 11:51) *ow*
Dark : (Aug 20,2014 10:53) *pokes Deimos*
Rednar : (Aug 20,2014 7:21) One of them is 07, other EoC
Rednar : (Aug 20,2014 7:20) 07 or EoC? Try http://www.runehq.co...ero#entry201952 or http://www.runehq.co...ero#entry194564
Seribrium : (Aug 20,2014 1:58) Need partner for heros quest :)
Tri_Killer2 : (Aug 20,2014 1:58) Game
Sumurai8 : (Aug 20,2014 1:15) Huh what?
U V : (Aug 20,2014 1:14) Who's up
Super Fly : (Aug 19,2014 22:59) I r stuck!
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:57) On the RS forums, they spread a rumour that the hacking group called TLS is the source of this attack... So that's why everyone's saying "I'm hunting lizards atm" !
Fading Rain : (Aug 19,2014 22:45) well except me, I was booted out of the cave. But we all got our stuff back :)
Fading Rain : (Aug 19,2014 22:45) we were at KK before all the lag happened. We kept saying 1 more kill, just 1 more... Everyone died with server crash XD
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:43) Manage to connect for 3 seconds, enough to see that everything was fine... except for servers. >.>
Nick : (Aug 19,2014 22:37) Everyone keeps piling onto the servers without as much trouble leading then to capacity issues with lag there, too :P. I certainly give Jagex my sympathy.
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:29) Alright, that's relieving. Thanks guys. :P
RS Black Jesus : (Aug 19,2014 22:25) Oo cool, fighting the ddos attacks no doubt
Bob : (Aug 19,2014 22:24) Jagex is shutting down random servers for safety
RS Black Jesus : (Aug 19,2014 22:24) It's most likely server bud, don't stress too much :)
Bob : (Aug 19,2014 22:23) It's more than just the server...
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:23) "Your account has not logged out from its previous session or the server is to busy to handle your request. Please try again later." Damn, I hope it's the server because I hope someone didn't try to hack my phone-secured email AND my phone-secured account. :(

Photo

GG: Marathons

Gielinor Games olympics marathon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

Intellectual Ancient Mage

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

This is a brief guide of how the marathons work and the routes they take.

Part of the fun of these races is doing them for the first time and not knowing where you will be going. Consider trying the races by yourself first before looking through this. Starting after this sentence, consider everything else spoiler warning-ed.

==========

When

Marathons are announced through the global announcement system to all worlds. To see this message, your Game chat must be set to "On." There are announcements for 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 5 minutes, 1 minute, and when the race starts. As of today, it is still advised to log in to the world early as there can be extremely long queues to log into the world at the 15 minute mark. This will likely die down as the days progress. Due to the mass amount of people in one location, you will be lagging. On some worlds, the server struggles to keep things running smoothly and the countdown will be delayed (ie - It will say 5 minutes left but might take 15 minutes).

What

You will be racing. This involves a lot of running. Teleporting is allowed. When the race starts, all the checkpoints will spawn. You must run through/near each checkpoint in order. A yellow arrow on your minimap will guide you to the next checkpoint location. While you are racing with other people, unless it is a Jagex run marathon, you are only running for time and will not be able to tell what place you received unless you compare times.

The checkpoints will stick around in the game for approximately 1 hour after the race has started. If you want to avoid the rush, wait about 15-30 minutes until after the race has started before continuing. In my opinion it won't be as much fun if you wait because you have nobody to race against or compare times with after, but if you want less lag, by all means!

Courses

There are three different courses: Varrock, Morytania (members only), and Edgeville (members only). Click on a name of the course below to view a map of every checkpoint (approximate locations).

Varrock - 15 checkpoints - Start: South of Varrock Lumber Yard by the statue
Morytania - 18 checkpoints - Start: Near the steps at Fenkenstrain's Castle.
Edgeville - 15 checkpoints - Start: At the Edgeville Lodestone (Course is located in the Wilderness).

Detailed Routes

Here I will list one possibility of how to best complete the course. If better methods are posted, this portion will be updated. If you don't have a teleport method listed, substitue it with whatever else you may have available to get you close to the next location.

===============
Varrock
===============

My best time recorded (P2P): 3 minutes, 51 seconds
Best time posted in this topic (P2P): N/A

My best time recorded (F2P): N/A
Best time posted in this topic (F2P): N/A

Full Checkpoint Map

Members World
Needed for my route:
- Runes for Senntisten tele (2 law, 1 soul)
- Lumbridge teleport
- Water altar teleport x 2
- Glory (2)
- Clan vexillum
- Falador teleport
- Body altar teleport x 2
- Lumber yard teleport x 3

Route:
- Start
- Run to (1)
- Senntisten tele to (2)
- Lumby tele and run to (3)
- Water altar tele and run to (4)
- Water altar tele and run to (5)
- Glory tele to (6)
- Clan vexillum tele to (7)
- Falador tele to (8)
- Body altar tele and run to (9)
- Body altar tele and run to (10)
- Glory tele to (11)
- Lumber Yard tele to (12)
- Lumber Yard tele to (13)
- Lumber Yard tele to (14)
- Run to (END)

Free World
Needed for my route:
- Lumbridge teleport x 2
- Clan vexillum
- Falador teleport

Route:
- Start
- Run to (1)
- Run to (2)
- Lumbridge tele to (3)
- Lumbridge tele to (4)
- Run to (5)
- Run to (6)
- Clan vexillum to (7)
- Falador tele to (8)
- Run to (9)
- Run to (10)
- Run to (11)
- Run to (12)
- Run to (13)
- Run to (14)
- Run to (END)

Notes:
Use your Explorer's ring to recharge run energy when you aren't near any musicians. I have yet to do this on a free world, but from looking at a map I would rest at the musicians near lumbridge (when running to (3)), Falador (when running to (8)), and Edgeville Monastery (when running to (10)), and try to save at least 2 if not all three charges of my ring for 11-END.

===============
Morytania
===============

My best time recorded: 5 minutes, 53 seconds
Best time posted in this topic: N/A

Full Checkpoint Map

Needed for my route:
- Ectophial
- Ancient Magicks
- Runes for Kharyll teleport (2 law, 1 blood)
- 70+ Agility
- Digsite pendant
- Senntisten teleport (2 law, 1 soul)
- Glory (2)
- Clan vexillum
- Falador tab
- Grand seed pod x 2
- Camelot tab x 2 (Ideal if your teleport location is in seers thanks to achievement diary)
- Rellekka tab
- Skills necklace

Route:
- Start
- Ecto and run to (1) - Not ectoing could be quicker if you ran a perfect route to the checkpoint, but if not done right, not ectoing will likely be a few seconds slower.
- Kharyll tele to (2)
- Run to (3)
- Use agility shortcut to (4)
- Digsite pendant to (5)
- Senntisten tele and run to (6)
- Glory to (7)
- Run to (8)
- Glory to (9)
- Vexillum to (10)
- Falador tab to (11)
- 5-10 seconds before crossing (11), launch (left click) your seed pod, run across (11), then run back to the spot where you clicked your pod. Glider to White Wolf Mountain and run to (12).
- Camelot tab to (13)
- Run to (14)
- Rellekka tab to (15)
- Camelot tab to (16) if tele location is in the middle of seers. Else, Combat bracelet (Ranged guild) to (16).
- Skills necklace to (17)
- Grand seed pod Squash (right click option), open door, and run to (18 - END)

===============
Edgeville
===============

My best time recorded: 7 minutes, 23 seconds
Best time posted in this topic: N/A

Full Checkpoint Map

Needed for my route:
- Ancient Magicks
- Runes for Dareeyak tele (2 law, 3 fire, 2 air)
- Glory (4)
- Runes for Ghorrok tele (2 law, 8 water)
- Runes for Annakarl tele (2 law, 2 blood)
- Runes for Carralanger tele x 3 (2 law, 2 soul)
- Jennica's ring (After Summer's End)

Route:
- Start
- Run over ditch to (1)
- Run to (2)
- Dareeyak tele to (3)
- Run to (4)
- Glory tele to Edgeville. Ghorrok tele to (5).
- Run to (6)
- Run to (7)
- Enter Mage Arena bank. Annakarl tele and run East to (8).
- Run to (9)
- Run to (10)
- Run to (11)
- Run to peninsula South-East of checkpoint 11. Use Jennica's ring on the portal. Carrallanger tele and run East to (12).
- Glory tele to Edgeville. Carrallanger tele and run to (13).
- Glory tele to Edgeville. Carrallanger tele and run to (14).
- Glory tele to Edgeville and run to (15 - END)

Edited by Lilroo503, 28 July 2012 - 11:36 PM.
Update 4: Under 4 minutes in members Varrock 'thon. Route updated.

#2 Yamon

Yamon

Courteous KBD

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the guide Roo now we can finish the race in less than 20 minutes... :P
Posted Image

#3 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

i would take white fruit and run restores along with explorers ring rather than take time resting at musicians also wearing full wicked robes and boots of lightness should help

Edited by kilvehk, 27 July 2012 - 12:42 PM.

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#4 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

• Established Members
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Those would work in member worlds, yes. My note was about the F2P race, though. In a member world, the best run restoring thing would be ooglog pool followed by spirit terrorbird.

I believe I have found a slightly quicker way to do the Morytania race. Once I have had time to complete the race, I will update here if it works. It should shave off at least 20 seconds if not more.

Edited by Lilroo503, 27 July 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

• Established Members
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

For the Members Varrock course, I believe using the Wicked hood's teleports for the Water altar (immediately after passing through (4)) and possibly the Body altar (immediately after passing through (8)) might shave off enough time to get under 4 minutes. Unfortunately when I attempted that a minute ago, I apparently teleported before it registered I had gone through a checkpoint, so my time would have been screwed up and now I can't test until the hood resets. I don't see how the hood can help in any way with Edgeville or Morytania. Runecrafting teletabs might work as well and be quicker since an interface doesn't need to pop up.

The Morytania race starts in less than an hour now, so I'll be able to test out my new alteration to my route. Will report back once I know more.

I updated my best time for the Edgeville race. I managed to do (5) correctly this run, I changed (12) to use Jennica's ring, and I changed (13) to use a glory instead of running south.

#6 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

• Established Members
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

So I improved my Morytania time by over a minute with the slightly improved method and broke into the 5 minute range! :D Grand seed pod for two locations was the biggest key for that improvement.

#7 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Thanks, roo, for taking the time to write this. it should proove very useful when I get a chance to try this out.

forumsigp.png

#8 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

• Established Members
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just did the Members Varrock marathon again with my runecrafting tabs. First race was 4 minutes 2 seconds; a 7 second improvement. I was so close to breaking 4 minutes that I had to run again. Second attempt was 4 minutes even. Not good enough! One last time being more precise about how quickly I teleport and the exact location I run to... 3 MINUTES 51 SECONDS!!!! W000000000000T!

My first post has been updated to reflect the improved route.