Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Keeshthewolf : (Oct 22,2014 20:13) I did.
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 20:05) if you click on the link in the green box above this shoutbox, you can find partners for the quest there :)
Keeshthewolf : (Oct 22,2014 19:53) Looking for a black arm gang member for heroes quest.
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 17:59) Clan Advert up for Serene Souls :D
A851 : (Oct 22,2014 17:54) really need a heros partner for phenix :(
xHydroDankx : (Oct 22,2014 17:38) Wow RuneHQ is still running strong? Lol I just redownloaded I'm making a new character now Dislexicevol add me <3
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 17:37) Trisky, if you click on the link in the green box above this shoutbox, you can find partners for the quest there :)
Trisky : (Oct 22,2014 17:05) I need shield of arrav/heroes partner, or just heroes, any clan. you can reach me on twit: @triskyyy Thanks!
eimmitx : (Oct 22,2014 17:00) anyone online?
senug : (Oct 22,2014 16:31) I will be there :)
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 16:21) Wish I could come :(
Sliver : (Oct 22,2014 16:18) RuneHQ Ape Atoll Agility event starts in 42m! World: 60 FC: Kunio
taylon1337 : (Oct 22,2014 16:06) grats
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 15:55) Go go go!
senug : (Oct 22,2014 15:45) No not yet but 63k left :)
Jigerkiller : (Oct 22,2014 14:06) arrav
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 13:01) Eeeeek congratulations! Have you got it now?
senug : (Oct 22,2014 12:44) Thanks
Rednar : (Oct 22,2014 9:03) Nice grats!
senug : (Oct 22,2014 5:57) Whoo, almost 99 strength. Got like 85k xp left :D

Photo

Help Kitty Kill Her Bosses!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

I need help. I want to kill the boss monsters I have left in my list before beta comes out, if at all possible. Or at least as many of them as I can!

My problem, I am a combat idiot. Well not really, but my reflexes are not always the best, plus my connection can be an issue as well. Combine those together with a slight tenancy to be distracted now and then Posted Imageand you can begin to see my issue. So what I need is some really good advice.

So what I will do is list the names of those I need to kill, along with the quest they are from - just in case you forgot who was who :P, and you can quote the name of the boss you are advising me on and tell me what you did to defeat that monster.

Here are my stats:
Posted ImageTop is actual level, bottom is goal (99 :P)

And here are my bosses names:
Nomad (of course) - Nomad's Requiem
Vanstrom Klause ( >.<) - Branches of Darkmeyer
Ayuni and Eruni (killed the first sister already) - Do No Evil
Queen Pest - Void Stares Back
Char - Firemakers' Curse
All the boss monsters - Ritual of the Mahjarrat
And the final series of fights for - The Elder Kiln

Edited by Kittyhawk, 14 September 2012 - 12:28 AM.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#2 Ceielo

Ceielo

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Like I said, I can give you my Gano armor to help with all those. I never use it. [:

Ceielo.png
For Comfort. For Solace.

#3 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,056 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

RS Forums QFC 20-21-885-63215720 is a pretty useful guide on Vanstrom. At least it worked for me, and I'm definitely not from the top end of boss killers.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop-1.png

#4 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Nomad should be possible with ranged + war tortoise with brews and super restores + spirit kyatt :)
Set up your quick prayers like this: protect from melee + best ranged boosting pray
At all times use the best ranged boosting prayer.
When Nomad goes crazy, you can simply click quick prayer to activate protect from melee on top of your ranged boost.
By that time, you should also have your kyatt out and keep attacking with it, nomad will be down in no time. Make sure you don't forget to drink sara brews at this time!

Use ruby bolts on him but when he teleports you to the middle, switch to diamond bolts + drink sara brews before you get hit!
=> make sure you have auto retaliate off, makes it easier to run back to the pillars.

I'll post the list with what I brought later.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#5 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

cap if shes doing in beta that probly needs to be modified a bit . you need at least 5 rocktails for panic heals bc sara brews are slow in beta. deflect melee will give you a much better chance since prayers dont have 100% protect anymore.

Edited by kilvehk, 22 July 2012 - 07:46 AM.

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#6 Raider

Raider

It's always been this way

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

cap if shes doing in beta that will never work

She's not doing it in beta. She wants these bosses done before the evolution of combat.

I highly recommend getting 85 magic and defense for ganodermic armor. That would help a ton on nomad as it has 53% magic absorbtion. The absorbtion works on nomad's attacks regardless of the fact that they are typeless.

1ikTX.png

Every Dragon Slayer needs a pet. Geehee.

raider-king.png
Raider_King.gif

#7 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

ahh ok misread lol

Edited by kilvehk, 22 July 2012 - 07:48 AM.

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#8 Doc

Doc

Lord President of Gallifrey

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

For Ayuni just utilize a hit & run tactic. Use armor that gives high range defense bonuses, protect magic, and attack with rune crossbow and diamond bolts (e).

For Eruni, use the equipment and prayer listed above and hide behind the pillars when it summons lesser demons.

For Vanstrom, remember to burn 500 Vyrewatches first, and then get lots of blisterwood stakes and attack Vanstrom with ranged. Have an inventory full of rocktails and wear void equipment. Bringing a Beast of Burden would help, and remember to stand near the door with the camera facing away from Vanstrom so that when he does his "Stare Into the Darkness" attack you can get your character to face away from Vanstrom when you click on the door (You won't be able to leave during combat anyway). And when he's flying, DON'T ATTACK AND JUST RUN!!! He'll shoot you with blood splatters that can hit for 300+ and it can kill you really quickly if you don't get out of the way. SO JUST RUN!!! Chances are that you're gonna die quite a lot before getting the hang of things, but don't give up!
Formerly 'hmmm'

#9 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

For Nomad, I'm going to tell you the method I used which worked really well.

For this, you will need Ruby bolts (e), a familiar for carrying extra brews (War tortoise recommended) and a Spirit Kyatt with Ambush scrolls (after using all the brews in the tortoise) any good mage defence armour and an inventory full of saradomin brews (no restores, since you can still hit 750 with 1 ranged)

Use the pillar on the southwest side of the room (the third pillar on the left) and keep ranging . Don't use prayer, it won't work. Since you have a lot of Saradomin brews, you can heal a lot of hp :D you can use diamond bolts if you like once you're frozen and Nomad uses his high hp - 1 attack. Once the tortoise's brews are all finished, dismiss it and summon your kyatt. Set the left-click option to Ambush and keep spam clicking it.

I'll give you advice on the others soon :D

Good luck :)

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#10 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

For Nomad, I'm going to tell you the method I used which worked really well.

For this, you will need Ruby bolts (e), a familiar for carrying extra brews (War tortoise recommended) and a Spirit Kyatt with Ambush scrolls (after using all the brews in the tortoise) any good mage defence armour and an inventory full of saradomin brews (no restores, since you can still hit 750 with 1 ranged)

Use the pillar on the southwest side of the room (the third pillar on the left) and keep ranging . Don't use prayer, it won't work. Since you have a lot of Saradomin brews, you can heal a lot of hp :D you can use diamond bolts if you like once you're frozen and Nomad uses his high hp - 1 attack. Once the tortoise's brews are all finished, dismiss it and summon your kyatt. Set the left-click option to Ambush and keep spam clicking it.

I'll give you advice on the others soon :D

Good luck :)

That would drain your stats a lot...? :s
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#11 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

That would drain your stats a lot...? :s

It doesn't matter, stats are not really important. As I said, you can still hit 750 no matter what. That's the method I used, it was in the RSOF when I needed Nomad advice. That's how I beat him ;)

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#12 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

It doesn't matter, stats are not really important. As I said, you can still hit 750 no matter what. That's the method I used, it was in the RSOF when I needed Nomad advice. That's how I beat him ;)

True, but that doesn't happen a lot and you'll still hit very low because of the lack of stats... I don't think it's the best way to go, tbh :s
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#13 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

True, but that doesn't happen a lot and you'll still hit very low because of the lack of stats... I don't think it's the best way to go, tbh :s

If you're lucky, like me, then you will hit 750 a lot :)

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#14 Bubbleguy03

Bubbleguy03

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Nomad is not really to hard if you know what to do. Spirit kyatt and your range level will be perfect.

Make sure you really look into the guide about the branches of darkmeyer quest. That was the last quest i did before i got my quest cape and he killed me like 5 times!

#15 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Vanstrom is also easy if you know what to do. I died quiet a few times when attempting him till I figured out the pattern. I did not burn 500 vyres before doing that quest and still killed him pretty easily :)

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#16 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I had about 100 or 150 vyrewatches burned when I finished the quest. Though it does make it easier if you burn more!
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#17 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I had about 100 or 150 vyrewatches burned when I finished the quest. Though it does make it easier if you burn more!

I think I had even less :D

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#18 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Spirit kyatt is amazing! When I was doing the double Nomad in Dom tower, I screwed up and took too long behind the pillar so he reset and I got him down to half hp in seconds while spamming the kyatt's special.

Ayuni is easy with the hit and run tactic; for Eruni, just be sure to hide behind the pillars while you kill the demons.

On the Queen Pest, kill the defilers as soon as they spawn and never use your special, and I mean NEVER, unless the queen is rearing up for her special. I suggest turning auto off in case you are attacking a defiler, you don't want to spec on that instead.

Char, just run around a lot and drag her in the water, use range.

Vanstorm was the toughest boss for me because I didn't know all of his moves before hand. He's a tough boss even when you know what he's going to do. Just be sure to read up on the specials he does and use blisterwood after burning 500 corpses. I had all 500 burned before that quest, it does help :P

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#19 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,811 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

For char, use throwing knives, the cheapest ones you can find that actually buy. Your hit depends on the fires you've lit, so no need to bring crazy weaponry.
Try to lit 10 fires or more then attack her until you drop down to 6/7 fires. Always keep running and don't let her come near you. You should be able to outrun her easily. Bring some energy pots or go to the salt water spring in oo'glog for run energy!
(you'll hit 101x the amount of fires lit, 10 lit = 1000 damage for each hit)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#20 Anthuny

Anthuny

~

• Advanced Members
  • 660 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Nomad:

Took me a while, but I found the video guide that I used to beat him.

I'd honestly say it's a damned good guide, as I beat Nomad with the stats of... 71 defence, 75 range, and 72 hp at 98 combat. Used a war tortoise, but not a kyatt.