Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Fading Rain : (Jul 30,2014 23:17) arma isnt that bad in both legacy or eoc... thought it was going to be much worse XD
Fading Rain : (Jul 30,2014 23:05) always worth a shot, and just got stream back up XD
2003 Veteran : (Jul 30,2014 22:50) Seriously tho, if I made an ironman account, blogged and made videos, would anyone watch it? Lol
Fading Rain : (Jul 30,2014 22:42) If people are bored, going to solo arma and stream to twitch. twitch.tv/fading_rain
McSwindler : (Jul 30,2014 20:21) Just finished ME1 on OS, looked at the guide for ME2 and began crying in feeble position.
2003 Veteran : (Jul 30,2014 20:03) Smarty pants aren't we Gator? I like you. Lol :)
DixR4Chixx : (Jul 30,2014 19:47) Ian W I'll do it with you later?
DixR4Chixx : (Jul 30,2014 19:47) Is anyone free to help me with The Shield of Arrav quest later?
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 19:34) Tony Stark would, he's an Iron Man superfan
2003 Veteran : (Jul 30,2014 19:31) If I was to make an oldschool Ironman account and start a blog on here, who'd follow it? :P
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 19:30) BABY COME BACK! YOU CAN BLAME IT ALLLL ONNNN SLIVEERRRRRRR
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 19:24) noooo don't. please come back online, you are never online anymore :(
Shaleclaw : (Jul 30,2014 19:22) I am the Great Shaleclaw Houdini! I can make myself disappear!
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 19:16) SHALECLAW!!!! I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN SO LONG!!!
Shaleclaw : (Jul 30,2014 19:09) Dubstep in the Shoutbox. Just when you think you've seen it all... :P
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 18:51) why wake up to BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP and MEOOOOOOOOOW MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW when you can wake up to FIRE UP YOUR LOUD ANOTHER ROUND OF SHOTS...........TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!!!!! WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB....and MEOOOOOOOOOOOOW MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 18:49) like first
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 18:49) I need to set that as my alarm clock alarm. I was thinking about doing turn down for what
The Gatorboy : (Jul 30,2014 18:48) *nyeeeeeeeeeerrwwwwwwwwwwwww* all of the lights now drop *laser zap* *insane bass* wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub
HAMMERTME : (Jul 30,2014 17:41) bloody sword

Photo

Yet another armor fix idea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

"Beware the Yowzah! Do not, at this point, yowz."

• Community Crew
  • 2,006 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

So I had another idea for a fix to the armor issue. I posted it in the ORSF, quick find code: 305-306-99-63876022. If you want to post there please do, otherwise you are welcome to add your ideas here, I'll change my original post if it is a genius idea. :P

Ok by now most, if not all, beta players know the issue with armor and LP. I'd like to propose a solution.

Since all armor now carries LP on the armor itself, why not allow it to also carry its own LP charge? What I am proposing is, allow armor itself to carry a charge of life-points. When you put the armor on out of your bank, or the first time after buying or finding it, the extra LP will be added to your total, as now but they'll be added full instead of empty. While you fight, you'll take damage, eat to refill your LP, all exactly as normal. However if you remove your armor with damage on yourself the damage will remain with your armor until it is banked, or you eat and replace the LP to your armor. Banking will automatically heal a deficit, eating while wearing armor will replace it also, as well as normal over-time health regeneration. Otherwise, if you carry the armor in your bag you can't just put it back on for an instant health boost.

I don't know about you guys, but I am really irritated over this issue and we need to find some solution that will work. Even with free food in the beta, I don't want to have to eat at the bank before I can go fight monsters, and I also don't want to have to wear my armor everywhere I go simply because it is too frustrating to change it. Like most girls, I like to change my outfit now and then.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#2 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

that seems viable

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#3 Julien

Julien

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Jagex already posted saying they are still trying to fix the LP issue :o

#4 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

"Beware the Yowzah! Do not, at this point, yowz."

• Community Crew
  • 2,006 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Yeah I know, if they had a solution it would be fixed already.

Basically what they are saying is they are trying to brainstorm ideas. I'm throwing my 2 cents worth into the mix.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#5 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,701 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Seems like a good idea :)

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#6 Risegold

Risegold

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

I would sugget having the LP transfer as you equip your armour to as a percentage.
70% LP transfers to 70% of LP with new armor.

Eg (Assuming 99 hitpoints),

I have full LP (990) I equip a 10,000 LP armour, I get 10,000 LP straight away.
I have 851.4 LP which is 86%, therefore I get 8,600 LP straight off the equip.

The only problem with this solution is that people can take off their armour, eat, and reequip their armor - although this would be extremely risky with the high hits you can achieve in mid-combat (which is where you start to gain good skills from Adrenaline).
Perhaps Food could be changed to heal as a percentage of the total LP?

#7 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I was watching my son play Runes of Magic, it could have been named Runescape EOC, for people who haven't played it its like a cut down version of Runescape with different monsters, it resembles pretty much the EOC beta, the way they get around the lp loss when equipping higher rate armour is the lp increase quite quickly, it was quite spooky how much it resembles EOC what with abilities and everything.

Pi_Stoff.png

#8 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Influential Iron Dragon

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

I was watching my son play Runes of Magic, it could have been named Runescape EOC, for people who haven't played it its like a cut down version of Runescape with different monsters, it resembles pretty much the EOC beta, the way they get around the lp loss when equipping higher rate armour is the lp increase quite quickly, it was quite spooky how much it resembles EOC what with abilities and everything.

I've played Runes before, it's fairly similar, but I'm not sure about how closely it resembles it though :S.

Posted Image

Posted Image