Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

senug : (Oct 02,2014 8:18) I'm past my college years :D
Super Fly : (Oct 02,2014 5:57) I second that!
Robbie07731 : (Oct 02,2014 2:14) college is boring me
Sumurai8 : (Oct 02,2014 2:10) You can post here. You could drop into the runehq cc and see if someone can help you there.
Robbie07731 : (Oct 02,2014 2:09) moooo
HeWalksAlone : (Oct 02,2014 1:44) please?
HeWalksAlone : (Oct 02,2014 1:40) hey can anyone help me with heroes quest pleasE?
Tri_Killer2 : (Oct 01,2014 19:38) your choice
Hope : (Oct 01,2014 18:52) I think it is fixing itself now but I can send you screenie
Tri_Killer2 : (Oct 01,2014 18:49) Which ones? @ hope
Hope : (Oct 01,2014 18:45) Is it just me or is some of the coding broken on the threads?
Sola Wind : (Oct 01,2014 17:50) grats kushie :bunny:
Kunio : (Oct 01,2014 17:36) Congrats! :D
Sliver : (Oct 01,2014 17:35) Kushie has been awarded the events regular award! :D
Katalex : (Oct 01,2014 15:41) All set with the invite :)
Flashharriet : (Oct 01,2014 15:37) I was going to invite, but he is offline
Rednar : (Oct 01,2014 15:33) I would invite, but I'm off for tonight.
Rednar : (Oct 01,2014 15:33) Pm a general (gold star) or an admin (bronze cross)
Ol Reb : (Oct 01,2014 14:19) still waiting for invite or are ya'll full
Sliver : (Oct 01,2014 13:18) Today's RuneHQ event is birthday month starting parade! Event is in 3 hours 42m, World: 60 FC: Sliver

Photo

Yet another armor fix idea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,112 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

So I had another idea for a fix to the armor issue. I posted it in the ORSF, quick find code: 305-306-99-63876022. If you want to post there please do, otherwise you are welcome to add your ideas here, I'll change my original post if it is a genius idea. :P

Ok by now most, if not all, beta players know the issue with armor and LP. I'd like to propose a solution.

Since all armor now carries LP on the armor itself, why not allow it to also carry its own LP charge? What I am proposing is, allow armor itself to carry a charge of life-points. When you put the armor on out of your bank, or the first time after buying or finding it, the extra LP will be added to your total, as now but they'll be added full instead of empty. While you fight, you'll take damage, eat to refill your LP, all exactly as normal. However if you remove your armor with damage on yourself the damage will remain with your armor until it is banked, or you eat and replace the LP to your armor. Banking will automatically heal a deficit, eating while wearing armor will replace it also, as well as normal over-time health regeneration. Otherwise, if you carry the armor in your bag you can't just put it back on for an instant health boost.

I don't know about you guys, but I am really irritated over this issue and we need to find some solution that will work. Even with free food in the beta, I don't want to have to eat at the bank before I can go fight monsters, and I also don't want to have to wear my armor everywhere I go simply because it is too frustrating to change it. Like most girls, I like to change my outfit now and then.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#2 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

that seems viable

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#3 Julien

Julien

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Jagex already posted saying they are still trying to fix the LP issue :o

#4 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,112 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Yeah I know, if they had a solution it would be fixed already.

Basically what they are saying is they are trying to brainstorm ideas. I'm throwing my 2 cents worth into the mix.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#5 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,783 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Seems like a good idea :)

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#6 Risegold

Risegold

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

I would sugget having the LP transfer as you equip your armour to as a percentage.
70% LP transfers to 70% of LP with new armor.

Eg (Assuming 99 hitpoints),

I have full LP (990) I equip a 10,000 LP armour, I get 10,000 LP straight away.
I have 851.4 LP which is 86%, therefore I get 8,600 LP straight off the equip.

The only problem with this solution is that people can take off their armour, eat, and reequip their armor - although this would be extremely risky with the high hits you can achieve in mid-combat (which is where you start to gain good skills from Adrenaline).
Perhaps Food could be changed to heal as a percentage of the total LP?

#7 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I was watching my son play Runes of Magic, it could have been named Runescape EOC, for people who haven't played it its like a cut down version of Runescape with different monsters, it resembles pretty much the EOC beta, the way they get around the lp loss when equipping higher rate armour is the lp increase quite quickly, it was quite spooky how much it resembles EOC what with abilities and everything.

Pi_Stoff.png

#8 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Spirited Steel Titan

• Moderators
  • 756 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

I was watching my son play Runes of Magic, it could have been named Runescape EOC, for people who haven't played it its like a cut down version of Runescape with different monsters, it resembles pretty much the EOC beta, the way they get around the lp loss when equipping higher rate armour is the lp increase quite quickly, it was quite spooky how much it resembles EOC what with abilities and everything.

I've played Runes before, it's fairly similar, but I'm not sure about how closely it resembles it though :S.

Posted Image

Posted Image