Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Reyn : (Nov 24,2014 10:09) Time to do EW Part III. Wish me luck ;-;
senug : (Nov 24,2014 8:16) Back to work after a 2 week sickness break :D Won't be able to play RS as frequently as I was the past 2 weeks, but will still be on a few hours a day :D depending on when I finish. Hopefully I finish early today so can spend more then a few hours :P
senug : (Nov 23,2014 20:17) Got 75 dg today (and unlocked f36 - occult for doing the prev 35, although it was unlocked already). Just need 3 herb lvls and I'm done :D
2003 Veteran : (Nov 23,2014 19:09) .... free 95m pl0x? lol
RoYALxBeARD : (Nov 23,2014 18:56) double xp i got 85-99 for 100m using extremes for 1k overloads
The Cardinal : (Nov 23,2014 18:40) 80-99 is typically 250-300m depending on the market. Probably on the lower end right now
2003 Veteran : (Nov 23,2014 18:30) 71-75 cost me 8m. Can only imagine how much 99 will cost lol.
senug : (Nov 23,2014 17:56) 99 herblore will cost a lot :D
FireHazard772 : (Nov 23,2014 16:12) @Super 200m xp or nothing :P
senug : (Nov 23,2014 14:10) I'll have to do some slayer for money then :D
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 14:03) 99 is cool too :)
Super Fly : (Nov 23,2014 13:19) 120 or nothing
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 13:18) and dont stop till you got that cape
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 13:18) yes
senug : (Nov 23,2014 13:03) So you say buy all the herb and ingredients and spend millions? :D
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 12:14) just do like I did. Spend way to much on it :)
senug : (Nov 23,2014 11:56) I wonder if I should do Herblore Habitat for herblore? I'm not a fan of PKing, so warbands is outta the question :)
senug : (Nov 23,2014 11:41) 74 Dungeoneering achieved :D 1 more lvl then it's just herblore needed :)
darkace21 : (Nov 23,2014 5:12) 10 ways you might be basic.
2003 Veteran : (Nov 22,2014 22:41) I shouldn't be allowed to watch "How To Basic" at night... xD

Photo

Jul 11, 2012 - Social Slayer & Gielinor Games Preparation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 6,004 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

Social Slayer

Nothing brings people together like facing down a ravening horde of bloodvelds. As such, from today, you'll be able to pair up into two-player groups to take on slayer tasks.

To team up, simply use your enchanted gem or slayer ring on the player you wish to invite, or use the gem or ring's new 'co-op' right-click option and enter their name when prompted. As long as neither of you are on an active slayer task, or if you're on the same slayer task, you'll invite them to join your group. Note that you must be on the same world to team up.

Targets killed by you or your slayer partner will count towards your current task's kill count. Combat and Slayer XP won't be shared between you, but you'll burn through tasks in half the time and competition for kills will be less fierce.

Each time you complete a task in a slayer group, you'll earn a co-op point. These new points can be spent in the Slayer Rewards Store, accessible from any slayer master by right-clicking and selecting the 'rewards' option, and then selecting the 'co-op' tab. These rewards include two new pets: a cute - if slimy - baby aquanite, and a tiny strykewyrm by the name of Freezy. As well as this, you can unlock the permanent ability to share potion effects: drink a potion while your slayer partner is nearby, and they'll be granted half of the full bonus that the potion imparted to you. The ability to heal your group partner by using food items on them can also be unlocked. These two functions can only be used in designated slayer areas and while in a group, but they're a handy way to help out if your friend's flagging.

Friends who slay together stay together, so buddy up and cut a two-way swathe through RuneScape's monster population!

Requirements

• You and your Slayer partner must be members.
  • You must either have no active slayer tasks, or you must be on the same slayer task.
  • You must both have completed at least one slayer task.
Mod Ana

Preparing for the Gielinor Games

Preparations are proceeding apace for the Gielinor Games: a multicultural sporting spectacular that will bring the denizens of Gielinor together for a contest of endurance, dexterity and...well...cheese rolling.

Beleaguered site foreman Oomad Arrow needs all hands on deck. Free players and members alike can pitch in, making medals, producing construction components (only for members), and creating fine fusion cuisine; all vital for making the Gielinor Games an event to remember.

Speak to Oomad Arrow in Varrock square to get started. You can complete each of these three tasks once per day, each day until the Gielinor Games begin. You’ll earn plenty of Smithing, Mining, Cooking and Construction XP (for members) for helping out, as well as contribution points, which can be spent on some athletically themed rewards once the games kick off. Be sure to visit Oomad’s shop for a sneak preview!

Mod Dylan

In Other News
  • You can now access the Slayer rewards shop without having completed Smoking Kills. However, you must still have completed the quest to buy anything other than the new co-op rewards.
  • If you've had your private chat settings set to 'off' for a very long time, you may find that Slayer group invites are not blocked. To fix this, simply change your private chat to another setting, and then change it back to 'off'.
View the Patch Notes Archive here.

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.

#2 Zaros Ultor

Zaros Ultor

Christmas Tree Editor

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hell yeah, I like this update. Esp the rewards (potion share and food share) are awesome.
(And I can get my friends to kill the hellhounds for me :devil: )

I'm wondering how much xp you get from that Gielinor game thingy.
Anyway, you can repeat it every day. That means some free smithing&construction xp :P
Zaros_Ultor.png

I, Zaros Ultor, hereby pledge to never support gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#3 Jakesterwars

Jakesterwars

Wise Werewolf

• Pending Staff
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

You get about 2k split between mining/smithing and mining/construction doing that prep work. I didn't watch how much cooking I got since I'm 99 lol.

Jakesterwars.png

Jakesterwars.png

Jakesterwars.png

#4 Tri_Killer2

Tri_Killer2

Sociopathic Zebra Killer

• Managers
  • 1,322 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

I am looking forward to trying the social slayer although it sounds too much like a halo game type

#5 Munter

Munter

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I like it, especially Social Slayer. I'm just now really getting into Slaying, and one I get my embarrassing low slayer level up ( :sweat: ) I'll probably team up with some people.

#6 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Haha, Halo :pirate:... IDK how often I'll use social slayer. Unless someone asks me to help them I proly won't use it...

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#7 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,147 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

Funny thing, it says your kills count towards the total given. Between the person I've been teaming up with and myself, we have noticed that sometimes it counts towards the total, and sometimes it does not and the thing will make you get the kills yourself to count.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#8 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

• Site Admins
  • 6,004 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Maybe this will get me into slaying... maybe. :P

Darkblitz.png

Signature by Brandon.

#9 Tabion

Tabion

RHQ Clan Staff

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 1,531 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Funny thing, it says your kills count towards the total given. Between the person I've been teaming up with and myself, we have noticed that sometimes it counts towards the total, and sometimes it does not and the thing will make you get the kills yourself to count.

too far away? theres defiantly a range limit, not sure how big it is tho. i can tell u it doesnt work from the chaos tunnels to edgeville tho :P

Tabion360.png

Spoiler

#10 Yeldarb12

Yeldarb12

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

i like the socal slayer but it might have a bug or two. maybe its just me but the total kill count might be off

30flyingcows.png

timmy.png

#11 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

I have really been enoying all the free exp from the prep tasks... from con lvs on my noob acct haha

forumsigp.png

#12 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

• Site Admins
  • 6,004 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...
  • the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

Darkblitz.png

Signature by Brandon.