Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
2003 Veteran : (Nov 28,2014 0:05) *strokes mustache and beard* Yes, we must make it bigger!!! I say 3 times the chat box size!
Bob : (Nov 28,2014 0:03) I know....MAKE IT BIGGER!!!!!!
2003 Veteran : (Nov 28,2014 0:03) Face it Bazzy, nobody reads our little link above the box lol.
Bazzy : (Nov 27,2014 23:59) Guys please do NOT use the shoutbox for requesting partners for heroes quest, RS3 or OSRS. Use this topic for OSRS: http://www.runehq.co...est-assistance/
Sw1ft : (Nov 27,2014 20:50) on osrs <3
Sw1ft : (Nov 27,2014 20:50) guys anyone able to help with the heros q i need pheonix member im in brimhaven with the key atm
Super Fly : (Nov 27,2014 20:31) It's a great quest!
senug : (Nov 27,2014 20:27) Plagues End looks fun so far :) gathering elven clan leaders now. Will continue tomorrow
FireHazard772 : (Nov 27,2014 20:06) Congrats Zandahar!
Sola Wind : (Nov 27,2014 19:51) grats now all you have to do is keep it
Hope : (Nov 27,2014 19:48) congrats Zand!!!!
Haxorze : (Nov 27,2014 18:44) YAY!
@Zandahar : (Nov 27,2014 18:01) <--- is the proud owner of his first Quest Cape!
senug : (Nov 27,2014 16:10) I remember going to the dungeon without Hartwin, and when you do that part , he will continue to follow you.
Haxorze : (Nov 27,2014 16:07) Thats what worked for me too, Senug
senug : (Nov 27,2014 16:06) Proceed without him and do the quest as usual. I don't think he comes to the dungeon.
Haxorze : (Nov 27,2014 12:59) It happened to me too. Have you tried to just proceed without him? :)
johny : (Nov 27,2014 12:42) i think the game dosent let you i think hartwin was a chicken and you need to go alone
Mustang : (Nov 27,2014 12:31) Can somewhere answer why Hartwin won't follow me in the trapdoor for the Defender of Varrock quest?
Haxorze : (Nov 27,2014 11:31) Hmm, should i get the gold one?

Photo

The end of Runescape and the economy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Your thoughts of new combat (65 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of new combat?

1. Voted Love it (16 votes [24.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

2. Voted Hate it (9 votes [13.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

3. Voted Hate it but I accept change is necessary (6 votes [9.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

4. Voted Hate it going to quit (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

5. Voted Prefer old combat but new is OK (23 votes [35.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.38%

6. Voted Prefer new combat but old is OK (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

The Beta of the Evolution of Combat has been with us a while now, many of you have tried it, some love it, some hate it, I would be interested in your opinion from what you have seen so far.

I have added a poll, please express your opinion and vote in the poll,

I would also like to repeat this poll after the beta becomes integrated with the full game and people have had a good chance to try it, please do not vote here after it has been implemented.

I was going to add a mini poll "will it destroy the economy" because we often get players paranoid about the end of the world with any update, my opinion is that nothing can destroy the economy, it can change the economy but nothing can destroy it. you may wish to express your opinion if you disagree.

Pi_Stoff.png

#2 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,815 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

It's just all new, I'm sure I'll get used to it after a while though... :)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#3 Aragorn8940

Aragorn8940

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

I enjoy it, specially the defensive moves, giving you basically an ability to increase your threat generation, and also a taunt.. As I am a player who enjoys tanking, in many MMOs outside of Runescape (WoW, SWTOR, GW, Etc.) Its nice to see that they'll bring that option into Runescape for me, its what I enjoy doing and Im glad to see it coming into the game, along with plenty of other abilites that I enjoy, hopefully they'll allow you to customize your keybindings (if they do already, I dont know, havent gone too in-depth with it yet).. Its more of a WoW sort of thing, which Im used to.
Posted Image

"I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than anyone else, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."
- Unknown

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep at night, because reality is finally better than your dreams."
- Dr. Suess

"I think I'm afraid to be happy, because whenever I get too happy, something bad always happens."
- Charlie Brown

#4 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,815 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

I enjoy it, specially the defensive moves, giving you basically an ability to increase your threat generation, and also a taunt.. As I am a player who enjoys tanking, in many MMOs outside of Runescape (WoW, SWTOR, GW, Etc.) Its nice to see that they'll bring that option into Runescape for me, its what I enjoy doing and Im glad to see it coming into the game, along with plenty of other abilites that I enjoy, hopefully they'll allow you to customize your keybindings (if they do already, I dont know, havent gone too in-depth with it yet).. Its more of a WoW sort of thing, which Im used to.

You can customize your keybinds :-)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#5 Tabion

Tabion

RHQ Clan Staff

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 1,531 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

im looking forward to it. the only downside i think is for high lvls who are max already, just get lumped with 36 odd new abilities, rather than gain them as they level.

gaining them as you level gives you a chance to learn the ins and outs of them

Tabion360.png

Spoiler

#6 Yamon

Yamon

Courteous KBD

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

I'm ok with the EoC update, I know it will take a long time to get used to it however I prefer the old one because it's more simple.
I have to say that I don't hate it or like it...
It's just way too complicated for me atm :P
Posted Image

#7 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'm not really a big fan of it, love the old combat, though I do appreciate the need for change...guess I'm just a bit nostalgic. :P
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#8 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

My opinion is I do not like it, I am yet to find anything I like about it,
I see it as a great restriction to the game, we have our abilities but weapons have lost the ability of specs, so what can we get as quest rewards, new weapons with specs have gone, perhaps a new ability?

I keep trying it and to tell you the truth the castlewars game was no different than with old combat but I never used abilities, I tend to agree with Tabion I have been lumped with all the abilities so no chance to try what works at a leisurely pace, summoning we all had a blank sheet and could try most of them as we went along.

I am not going to quit! I am fully able to adapt and will learn to get on or at least tolerate updates, I do not like to live in the past so appreciate that advances in the game are necessary.

Pi_Stoff.png

#9 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

For the most part I love it. It brings a whole new aspect to the game for me, and instead of just zoning out during a slayer task, I'll actually have something to do to make sure the monsters die as fast as possible. Do I think it will end the economy? Nah :P Isn't that what bots do to us? XD The prices of armour and weapons are going to change drastically at first, but they'll fall into place after a few months.
signature.jpg

#10 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,068 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm not sure which option to choose yet. I have tried it a bit and I dare say I can get used to it but it is a big change to get used to. First I was very much confused but starting to see some light in the end of the tunnel. Certainly not going to quit over it. But it is such a big and complicated thing that making any judgements on it after such a short time of playing would be premature. (Yes, Guthix is my chosen god.)

I also think that it becomes at least somewhat better than it is now thanks to all the feedback, allthough Jagex can be stubborn about accepting feedback. Always thinking about when summoning came out - the first version was pretty useless but it became much better with couple of remakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if in future some quests would be unlocking new abilities.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop-1.png

#11 Doc

Doc

Lord President of Gallifrey

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

I think the new combat is pretty nice. The old combat was a little repetitive and with the new combat there are a variety of ways to attack.
Formerly 'hmmm'

#12 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'm not sure which option to choose yet. I have tried it a bit and I dare say I can get used to it but it is a big change to get used to. First I was very much confused but starting to see some light in the end of the tunnel. Certainly not going to quit over it. But it is such a big and complicated thing that making any judgements on it after such a short time of playing would be premature. (Yes, Guthix is my chosen god.)

Go on make a decision, the reason I put the poll up is to get a general idea at this early stage and to see how it changes when it gets implemented and people get used to it.

There is a possibility that there are 2 or more options that sum up your opinion, try and select the feeling that is strongest.

I haven't tried it much because I do not like it, I am therefore not in a position to comment with any authority but voted how I feel at the moment, when I am forced to play and get used to it my opinion is quite likely to change.

Pi_Stoff.png

#13 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I haven't tried much, but I'm looking forward to mage and range being better :)

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#14 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 564 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

It might help to destroy wildy bots, when black unicorns are suddenly hitting them with magic attacks :D

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler

#15 JasonD

JasonD

Twisting Dragon

• Advanced Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

I personally feel that this combat system is taking the game one step closer to a Runescape version of WoW. I started playing, and continued to play RuneScape because it was just that, RuneScape, not wow. I never could stand wow, and everything jagex has done in the last 2 years has turned RS into wow. Dungeoneering - WoW. Beta - WoW combat styles.

I just think that if something isnt broke, why "fix it" when we all know they're just breaking it more.

Penn.png

#16 Munter

Munter

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm on an iMac so that kinda screws me over most of the time when I try to enter the Beta, but when I have I've honestly really liked it. Not saying that the old combat system was bad, because it really wasn't, but after 10 years, it became apparent that Melee was too far ahead of the others and that change needed to happen. I sorta feel like this is the change that we needed. It also puts more skill into Pking instead of just how much you're willing to risk.

#17 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,068 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Go on make a decision, the reason I put the poll up is to get a general idea at this early stage and to see how it changes when it gets implemented and people get used to it.

There is a possibility that there are 2 or more options that sum up your opinion, try and select the feeling that is strongest.

Yes, master :P You forced me into a decision.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop-1.png

#18 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 564 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'm on an iMac so that kinda screws me over most of the time when I try to enter the Beta, but when I have I've honestly really liked it. Not saying that the old combat system was bad, because it really wasn't, but after 10 years, it became apparent that Melee was too far ahead of the others and that change needed to happen. I sorta feel like this is the change that we needed. It also puts more skill into Pking instead of just how much you're willing to risk.

You are correct. Melee has always been the strongest side of the triangle. I used to be a mage but got tired of being PK'ed by melee rushers in F2P wilderness. So I trained my melee skills rather than magic and got a membership. Now I am the person rushing F2P Mages

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler

#19 TheDobber

TheDobber

Interactive Imp

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

I love it, especially since Jagex made it so if you kill on your slayer task, you get your normal experience, no matter the monsters' levels.
Posted Image

#20 Keylink

Keylink

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Ehh, its alright I guess. All I like about the beta is that you don't lose your items lol.

Keylink.png