Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Oct 31,2014 16:14) Ummm. Still got a while for Easter Rednar :D happy halloween to you too Nick :)
Rednar : (Oct 31,2014 15:34) Happy Easter!
Nick : (Oct 31,2014 15:28) Happy Halloween, everyone.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:11) At the quest, I'm up to the point where I done the cauldron puzzle so that's a bit further on which is why I need help to write the guide
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:10) Oh :D umm... Save it to a computer, use an image uploading program and post the image wherever you want (take off the url tags though, leaving just the img tags)
TheNoisyOyster : (Oct 31,2014 10:10) that puzzle is alot like a puzzle/game called mastermind
TheNoisyOyster : (Oct 31,2014 10:08) snip, image caputured with windows snipping tool
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:06) That book puzzle annoyed me though :D
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:04) A snip? What?
TheNoisyOyster : (Oct 31,2014 10:03) how can I post a snip of the correct order for stacking the books in broken home?
Bazzy : (Oct 31,2014 9:47) Happy Halloween all who celebrate the day of tricks, ghouls, devils in disguise and what not, and treats.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 7:55) Guys, if you have started or are doing the Broken Home quest, I need your help to write the guide since I'm probably in the middle of the quest :)
Sumurai8 : (Oct 31,2014 7:34) This is your daily service announcement: Sliver is a nub.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 7:33) Bxp = 'I need to finish the quest quickly and train some skills' :P
Rednar : (Oct 31,2014 6:41) OMG
The Cardinal : (Oct 31,2014 6:29) Bxp is here!
Tri_Killer2 : (Oct 30,2014 21:23) And make sure you have the crest parts in your inv
Tri_Killer2 : (Oct 30,2014 21:23) Make sure each element is hitting and not splashing. if you splash even just one and don't rehit it later you won't get the drop
Hendricks : (Oct 30,2014 21:18) Wow Major glitch in family crest..... I've killed the demon three times alreadh and still have yet to recieve the third part of family crest......
Richard Rahl : (Oct 30,2014 16:20) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 40 minuts! World: 60 FC: Bertie

Photo

Am I missing something? switching armour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

I have had a play on beta today, I am still not warming to it.

One thing I have a problem with is, if you remove your armour your life points reduce, when you put different armour or the same back on you need to eat to bring life points back to max, so if you fight someone and accidentally remove your armour its more damaging than any player or monster can deal to you.

I know you don't normally change your armour mid fight but there are times when it is beneficial, its also a pain that you need to eat before you do any combat

Or am I missing something?

Pi_Stoff.png

#2 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Try switching armour instead of taking it off first and putting other on.
I don't think that damages you.
The point of not gaining any hp when putting on armour is to prevent people from healing by use of armour.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#3 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Try switching armour instead of taking it off first and putting other on.
I don't think that damages you.
The point of not gaining any hp when putting on armour is to prevent people from healing by use of armour.

I can understand the reasoning but its a bit of a pain, I am killing monsters and pick up a steel plate body, I accidentally equip instead of alching, my lp drops significantly, realising my mistake I put the armour back on and my lp remain very low, wasting all my slayer task critical food to come up to full health, perhaps a 1 minute lp drop delay would be handy for just such eventualities.

Another scenario, just finished agility training and want to do slayer, take off my weight reducing armour with minimal lp and put on my Bandos and I am already near death, have to waste food every time I get undressed, perhaps they should have a healing booth near banks so you can come up to health when getting dressed.

This update is pants.

Pi_Stoff.png

#4 Mbeds

Mbeds

The Hero RHQ Needs

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hmm I see your point. Some sort of healing thing sounds like it would be a good idea.

mbeds.png

#5 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

I can understand the reasoning but its a bit of a pain, I am killing monsters and pick up a steel plate body, I accidentally equip instead of alching, my lp drops significantly, realising my mistake I put the armour back on and my lp remain very low, wasting all my slayer task critical food to come up to full health, perhaps a 1 minute lp drop delay would be handy for just such eventualities.

Another scenario, just finished agility training and want to do slayer, take off my weight reducing armour with minimal lp and put on my Bandos and I am already near death, have to waste food every time I get undressed, perhaps they should have a healing booth near banks so you can come up to health when getting dressed.

This update is pants.

I agree, that's why I'd like jagex to use the percentage of health to be added with the armor.
Say you have 80% of your hp (800 out of 1000). When putting on a piece of armour with a max lifepoint boost of 2000, you'll get (80%*2000) = 1600 hp.
Now your max hp is set at 3000, let's say you have 1500hp left and take off your armour. 1500 is 50% of 3000 so after taking that armour off, you'll be left with 500hp.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#6 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I agree, that's why I'd like jagex to use the percentage of health to be added with the armor.
Say you have 80% of your hp (800 out of 1000). When putting on a piece of armour with a max lifepoint boost of 2000, you'll get (80%*2000) = 1600 hp.
Now your max hp is set at 3000, let's say you have 1500hp left and take off your armour. 1500 is 50% of 3000 so after taking that armour off, you'll be left with 500hp.

thats how id like to see it it makes sence to me armour isnt suppoused to be adding lifepoints that makes no sence its supposed to increase your durability witch is how the percentage figure makes it appear

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#7 Alfawarlord

Alfawarlord

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Owner

• Site Admins
  • 4,161 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Yeah that would be nice, because now you're wasting food just to get your full hp. Atm there is no point in putting on armor since you have to eat to start using its advantage.

horsesig.jpg

#8 BraveHero400

BraveHero400

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

perhaps they should have a healing booth near banks so you can come up to health when getting dressed.

Maybe a fountain of youth thingy? It could be a simple fountain that heals 200 lp at first (unlimited uses, but you have to click a lot =/), then you can upgrade so it heals 500 lp, then 1000, etc. (like the gravestone).
Heroes are people who rise to the occasion, then slip quietly away. ~ Tom Brokaw

Posted Image
With pleasure Molly... ;D

This is my opinion of the skills of RuneScape.

#9 Guest_Miss_Ashley_*

Guest_Miss_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hello, Just try to switch armours the middle of the fght not in the start of it so your lief points will be the same
For Example; you are wearing torva which like has 9k Hp when you switch to bandos (i don't realy kno the exacly Hp of it) your Hp will be full as longas you switched armours from high Hp to lower Hp
Start with high Hp armours then Switch to lower Hp armours.

#10 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

yeah but what about out of combat ashley

i dont always wear armour

Edited by kilvehk, 06 July 2012 - 05:36 PM.

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#11 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,142 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

This update is pants.

Please complain about it. I posted about the same thing in the thread I created about beta and its updates, the current way armor and health work I consider a bug. Putting on armor should never make it seem like you just got hit by a very large, dangerous enemy. At the best putting on armor should add the extra health to your health meter, at the worst it should keep your health meter at the same basic percentage of health you were before putting armor on. There are problems with either options of course, but the current system is atrocious.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#12 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

I like the percentage idea, although I was originally thinking that if you were full hp and put on armor, it would raise you to full hp again. That way if you are getting ready for combat, you don't have to eat half an inv just to start your slayer task. However, if you weren't full hp then your hp would stay the same like it does now when you put on armor.

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#13 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

The thing is with the new combat system as it stands there is never going to be an ideal way.

The percentage option appears to be a good compromise when fighting, when not fighting it would be for want of a better word "abused" by taking off your cloths eating until max (minimal food) then getting dressed and full high amount of lp, to me this is a lot of mucking around and unnecessary, healing booth in the bank could resolve that.

The whole new combat idea is generated to keep the bots in employment, the fishing guild is swarming with bots already, it will be solid when every player needs to eat when getting dressed, I am struggling to find something about new combat that I like, at the moment the only thing I like is the graphics / emotes, and those could easily be incorporated into normal combat.

Pi_Stoff.png

#14 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

Please complain about it. I posted about the same thing in the thread I created about beta and its updates, the current way armor and health work I consider a bug. Putting on armor should never make it seem like you just got hit by a very large, dangerous enemy. At the best putting on armor should add the extra health to your health meter, at the worst it should keep your health meter at the same basic percentage of health you were before putting armor on. There are problems with either options of course, but the current system is atrocious.

Then how does it work with taking off armour? You'd lose the exact amount of hp you gained. With percentage that doesn't matter as you'll keep the same percentage of total hp.
When removing armour that gave you a set amount of hp -say 2000 for a total of 3000- and you have 1750hp left, taking off the armour would have to result in having -250hp.
When it's not included to lose hp when putting on armour, armour can be used to generate extra hp and being an unlimited healing source.
- 800hp: remove armour + put it back on to gain 2000hp.
- 2800hp: remove armour + put it back on to gain 2000hp.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png