Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Marzanna : (Oct 21,2014 8:53) but charcoal > all :P
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 21,2014 8:38) Innovation4 Theme - use it and get your favourite colour for the RuneHQ Site! :D
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 21,2014 5:42) Thanks for an awesome Castle Wars event last night. Because I only just made a clan, your events are going to be a great way to get stuff going so look out for us lot pestering you in future events ;)
senug : (Oct 20,2014 17:51) My journey home took longer then expected
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 16:51) Everyone come to RuneHQ Castle Wars Event in 9 minutes on World 60 in the fc: sliver - I brought my clan along - bring your friends! :D
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:37) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 23m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:05) If I can make it, I'll probably be a bit late anyway. About 10-15 mins due to travelling home from work (at this time I know :P )
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:03) I hope I can make it :)
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:02) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 58m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 14:03) Ooo sounds nice. I like CoD games, and have played all up to Black Ops :D
RoYALxBeARD : (Oct 20,2014 13:46) blacks op 2, act like a dead body by the bomb basically
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Ummm. Ninja defusing? Which CoD game is that then? :)
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Yeah 99 strength indeed is awesome :) OK once I get it, I'll do a party. But I'll need to make my house worth it, it's no good atm :D Or maybe I won't do a house party :D
2003 Veteran : (Oct 20,2014 13:35) Forgot how much fun ninja defusing on call of duty is xD
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 13:28) There we go :P And what do you mean "even if" that is awesome!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 9:31) Then again @ Fuzzy and Champ, I guess a first 99 is worth a party, even if it is Strength :D
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 4:35) Also, BOOM: https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 3:33) Guys please use the corresponding thread linked at the top of the shoutbox for all oartner quest requests.
Barnfather : (Oct 20,2014 0:32) Need shield partner doesnt matter what gang ill just do opposite
Marzanna : (Oct 19,2014 23:37) So I crashed steam by uninstalling too many games at once..

Photo

Combat Interface

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

So the biggest combat idiot on the site has gotten access to the combat beta, and I'm trying to make sense of it. I'm sure what I'll be posting about the combat naturals will be looking at me with a confused expression on their faces, wondering why I'm not being able to understand this or that, but I'm sure there are a few of you out there that will be just as confused, either now if you've gotten into the beta as well, or later when it is open to everyone. So I'm going to make a log of my discoveries here, and you guys can comment, clear up, or ask whatever you feel you need to do and come along with me on my discovery. In the end maybe us combat idiots will be able to keep up with the big dogs on the site. :P

Attached File  CI0Target.png   52.52KB   288 downloads
This is the new combat interface. As you can see, when you have no target it will say that in the upper interface.

Attached File  CITokTarget.png   56.69KB   331 downloads
When you have a target, your target's name and health percentage will be displayed in the top interface.

Attached File  CIHealthPerc.png   56.55KB   283 downloads
If you hover over the colored part of the bar, you can see what percentage of your target's health is still there.

Attached File  CIWeakness.png   56.39KB   277 downloads
Hover over the image at the right, that is what your target is particularly weak against. In this case, water spells would be a good choice. Too bad I didn't take any with me. XD

Attached File  CISaraBoost.png   61.2KB   265 downloads
This image shows what stats have changed after I used a sara brew.

Attached File  CISaraRecov.png   58.52KB   246 downloads
The same changes, plus a recovery potion.

Attached File  CBMonkfish.png   34.99KB   205 downloads
Apparently monkfish will now heal 1240 hp. With the armor I was wearing (apparently health will now at least partially be based off of your armor) this was more than the health I had. Meaning eating one monkfish was healing more damage than would kill me.

Attached File  CBYellowBar.png   69.03KB   192 downloadsAttached File  CBYBInCombat.png   75.89KB   183 downloads
According to Lilroo, the yellow bar is tracks your adrenaline level. At different levels of adrenaline you may use different types of abilities.

Your magic spell book has transformed into an ability book:
Attached File  CIAbilityBook.png   91.38KB   117 downloads

You can click on one of several concentrations for your abilities:
~AttackAttached File  CIABAttack.png   81.69KB   114 downloads ~StrengthAttached File  CIABStrength.png   81.66KB   95 downloads
~DefenseAttached File  CIABDefense.png   82.16KB   66 downloads ~ConstitutionAttached File  CIABConstitution.png   81.54KB   54 downloads
~RangedAttached File  CIABRanged.png   82.39KB   65 downloads ~And finally, Magic, which works slightly differently.Attached File  CIABMagic.png   84.48KB   82 downloads

Under magic, you'll notice that there are a few areas to chose from.
~AbilitiesAttached File  CIABMAbilities.png   84.72KB   86 downloads ~CombatAttached File  CIABMCombat.png   84.32KB   71 downloads
~TeleportAttached File  CIABMTeleport.png   84.06KB   54 downloads ~And Misc.Attached File  CIABMMisc.png   84.12KB   64 downloads
Though of course you can pick just the first choice to have every magic ability available to chose from. Why one would want to do that to themselves, I have no idea.
Magic contains the choice of selecting abilities, or spells. Magic works mainly the same way it always used to, just a bit tougher to actually find, and with slightly different requirements.
Some spells for your reviews: Attached File  CIABAirStrike.png   58.5KB   85 downloadsAttached File  CIABConfuse.png   55.03KB   96 downloads

Abilities rely on your adrenaline bar, as shown above. While for some of the abilities you don't need to have any adrenaline built up, for a few of the different abilities your adrenaline bar may need to be either at least at 50% if not full. Many of the abilities also have other requirements, such as a certain skill level in the appropriate skill, or a specific type of weapon, or maybe a shield.
Basic level means you don't have to have any adrenaline built up to use that ability.
Threshold level means you need to be at 50% adrenaline to use that ability.
Ultimate level means you have to be at full adrenaline to use that ability, and most likely you'll use up all of your adrenaline.
Some interesting abilities to check out:
Attached File  CIABBash.png   56.82KB   86 downloadsAttached File  CIABDestroy.png   55.92KB   77 downloadsAttached File  CIABOverpower.png   64.7KB   61 downloadsAttached File  CIABSlaughter.png   65.94KB   66 downloadsAttached File  CIABSlice.png   66.84KB   64 downloads
You'll notice that the abilities each have a specific cool down time, though a very few abilities will remain active until you turn them off or choose a different ability. You can also have an active spell automatically cast, and an active ability at the same time.

(I think next time I'll have to have a new post. XD)

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#2 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

Intellectual Ancient Mage

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

The yellow bar is your Adrenaline (The thing that builds up as you are in combat). It shows to everyone so if you're in pvp, for example, you can judge when to use which types of moves a little better. It slowly disappears when combat ends because you simply aren't in combat anymore and they don't want people opening with an Ultimate ability.

Looks like you've got a pretty good understanding of things so far! :D

#3 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

I also noticed it fades between waves during the fight caves. By the time the next set reaches you, you are starting over with building your adrenaline.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#4 Damien

Damien

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Wow! The interfaces look really good! I have to 99 Ranged and I will be 200 Combat because Summoning wont count! Time to get 99 ranged :D
I can't wait for this to be official release!

Posted Image

#5 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,810 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

On that same screen, you can see your own combat level. (right above the combat style icon of yours, it says 162)

By pressing the XP button on the bottom right, for every style (melee, ranged, mage) you can choose for what skill you get exp.
Standard, you get melee exp for all 3 skills, for ranged it's for ranged+defense and magic gives exp for magic+defense.
Simply click the tabs and set it to the desired skill to train.

Also, sharks heal 1600 hp. And I'm not sure what armour you were wearing, but it should give you a lot more hp than a monkfish can heal... Maybe you weren't wearing any?
With full torva, I had 9500+ hp.

You can get free armour + weapons in the beta from npc's at lumbridge castle and I've also seen them on falador square. Haven't been to other towns yet.
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#6 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Attached File  CIMage.png   28.16KB   80 downloadsAttached File  CIMelee.png   30.81KB   95 downloadsAttached File  CIRange.png   28.04KB   75 downloads
Mage, Melee, and Range interface options. For mage and range, you can choose to earn exp in defense at the same time as you earn exp in those stats, or you can choose to focus only on pure mage or range. For melee you either earn exp in strength, attack, and defense at the same time, or you can focus on one stat specifically.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#7 Alfawarlord

Alfawarlord

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Owner

• Site Admins
  • 4,157 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

The only thing I haven't found out yet is how do set a weapon to slash/stab/crush. It doesn't say that anymore.

horsesig.jpg

#8 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

I haven't a clue. I haven't discovered how to use special attacks yet either. I'm sure I will screenie it and post it whenever I do though. :P

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#9 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

I haven't a clue. I haven't discovered how to use special attacks yet either. I'm sure I will screenie it and post it whenever I do though. :P

Special attacks are called abilities now. Just click on one if you have the requirements (some required dual wielded weapons, some 2h weapons) and you will use it :D

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#10 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

The only thing I haven't found out yet is how do set a weapon to slash/stab/crush. It doesn't say that anymore.

You can't, it's pre-determained by what weapon you are wielding. If you look at Steve's weapon topic, you'll see they all have one form of attack now.
signature.jpg

#11 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,810 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

You can't, it's pre-determained by what weapon you are wielding. If you look at Steve's weapon topic, you'll see they all have one form of attack now.

Correct! :)
So basicly if you want to fight different enemies in one run which have different melee weapons, you can't set your weapon to another attack style but you'll have to bring another weapon with you... Makes sense if you think about it... :)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#12 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Interesting. Thanks for the share.

With Magic/Ranged set to Defensive, do you earn as much Defense EXP as the spell you're casting? Or is it like it was before where you get a really pitiful and negligible amount of Defense EXP even if you do a lot of damage?

Sweetheart.png

#13 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,810 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

With Magic/Ranged set to Defensive, do you earn as much Defense EXP as the spell you're casting? Or is it like it was before where you get a really pitiful and negligible amount of Defense EXP even if you do a lot of damage?

It should be shared, unless your defense lvl is much higher than your magic level in which case it's likely that you'll only receive the 10% of exp due to the opponents def lvl being much lower.
(thought I read that in one of the Og Blog's)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#14 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

From what I have seen so far, it is equal. However I'm not entirely certain about that yet, and they still might be messing around with those things. We'll have to wait and see I think.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#15 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Abilities and how they work have been added. Next I'll have to check out how the action bar works, that will save a huge amount of headaches, once I've completed the look through for abilities.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#16 CapuDie

CapuDie

• Community Crew
  • 2,810 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

Finding the best combination of abilities for dual wield, main+shield, 2h, mage and ranged?
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#17 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Personally? No, not yet at least. Just discovering how things work.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#18 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Finding the best combination of abilities for dual wield, main+shield, 2h, mage and ranged?

it depends on the opponent your fighting in pvp you will almost always need freedom. when going against a magic user i find i stand a much better chance with both immortality and rejuvenation. when fighting a melee user if they have a shield use magic because range will fail and the only way to fight back with melee is by also using a Shield and defensive fights drag on so long the dual gets timed out in dual arena

when going against creatures you can usually do fine just dual wielding but most of the time its better to use its weakness to your advantage

Edited by kilvehk, 30 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#19 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

So glad I found this topic. I just decided to actually try the beta and get a look into what's going to be coming and I felt so behind. Now I feel informed, and can even set where to earn xp :P

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#20 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:48 PM