Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Ol Reb : (Oct 01,2014 10:14) I use to play about 3 yrs ago started playing again and have forgot some and a lot has changed as well so really want to learn more
Ol Reb : (Oct 01,2014 10:12) so would have to go through the 2 week wait again
Ol Reb : (Oct 01,2014 10:11) Just made sgt in my clan didn't even know it very little communication in our clan would like to get involved with a more helpful clan
Amoa : (Oct 01,2014 10:08) You would have to leave your current clan to become a member of our clan, but you can also be a guest in our chat if you don't want to leave your current clan.
Ol Reb : (Oct 01,2014 10:06) so do I have to leave my current clan first to join this clan or just join and it automaticly switch me
Nick : (Oct 01,2014 10:03) They look so pretty :o
Amoa : (Oct 01,2014 10:01) Dyes for armour and weapons are coming with the Treasure Trail update. I'm in love with the Shadow drygores....Image Here (The purple area is animated!)
RoYALxBeARD : (Oct 01,2014 9:02) blasphemy!! still hasn't started....
Amoa : (Oct 01,2014 8:58) 4 new future updates are going to be teased on stream, starting in 2 minutes! http://www.twitch.tv/runescape
Bazzy : (Oct 01,2014 2:26) Windows ME, now that's a blast from the not so distant past
Super Fly : (Oct 01,2014 1:20) Windows: M8
Marzanna : (Sep 30,2014 18:48) aah nice. If I end up going after college I would try and be a 25M, but still at least 2 years out on deciding.
2003 Veteran : (Sep 30,2014 18:14) 88M
Marzanna : (Sep 30,2014 15:44) what mos you looking at going into @ veteran
2003 Veteran : (Sep 30,2014 14:51) Recruiter gave me a practice ASVAB test... Um yeah... I'm in trouble lol
Rednar : (Sep 30,2014 13:58) 7 forever
Sumurai8 : (Sep 30,2014 13:58) No, Rednar, Windows 9 is being announced today.
Marzanna : (Sep 30,2014 13:41) wait when did we get past XP?
Rednar : (Sep 30,2014 13:32) There was a Windows 9?
Sumurai8 : (Sep 30,2014 13:14) It's Windows 11.39

Photo

Cockroach Queen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

It's probably already been suggested on different forums, but here we go:

Non-members could use a boss. A real boss, not one via dungeoneering. Not one that drops one or two mediocre items. They need a legitimately legit boss. They need a Cockroach Queen.

However, before we begin, I’d like to say I realize Jagex will never give F2P a member-caliber boss. They probably wouldn’t even give them half of a member-caliber boss. So, I’d like to point out some reasons why Jagex would give them this boss:

* It’s a good teaser for member bosses
* It’s not that strong and it doesn’t drop that much
* It’ll attract more F2Pers (e.g. - more potential members)
* It’d make non-members happier

Ect., ect.

So, let’s begin :)

It would be called the Cockroach Queen (no duh) and it be located in the lower level of the Stronghold of Player Safety behind an iron door (you wouldn’t be able to see the room on your minimap or screen). To open the iron door, you’d need a Iron Key (non-tradable), which you can assemble by getting an Iron Key Head (dropped by Cockroach Drones), an Iron Key Body (dropped by Cockroach Workers), and an Iron Key End (dropped by Cockroach Soldiers). All the pieces of the key would be a relatively common drop about a 1:75 ratio.

Now, once to enter the door your key would break (sucks to be you) and you’d have to get a new one every time you wished to enter again. The room itself behind the door would be an old prison cell (broken bars, bones, ect.) filled with Cockroach Eggs and the Cockroach Queen herself.

The Queen would have 3000 Lp.

When you’re fighting her, one egg would randomly begin to vibrate and turn into a Hatching Egg every 30 seconds or so. The egg would then turn into a Cockroach Larva after ten more seconds (an infinite number can hatch, but no more than three at a time. Once you leave the room, they disappear). The Cockroach Larva are unattackable and would just be there for cosmetic purposes.

Other then that, the fight would be pretty straight forwards, with her using a melee attack and a magic attack and a if you’re out of melee range (both would be twice as powerful as a Cockroach Soldiers respective attacks).

The queen would drop most rune items, noted Yew Logs and Swordfish, Rune Ore, ect.

Just and idea. Didn't spend that much time on it, so there may be more then a few mistakes.

Edited by Joeythegrape, 21 June 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

I like the idea overall. I would, however, have the key parts dropped slightly rarer than you've suggested, but that's just my personal opinion. :)
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#3 Disaster

Disaster

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

At least it would give Free players a taste of what they would be getting if they pay for membership. I support. Also, I agree with Greg... The key idea would seem to really slow down the Free players especially if they have swordfish with them.

Edited by Disaster, 19 June 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#4 Julien

Julien

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

This is actually a good idea. A F2P boss would attract more players.

#5 ViolaSouls

ViolaSouls

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

This actually sounds really good! F2p'ers would definaltey love this.

#6 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Thanks gus :)

How much rarer do you think - 1:50 or 1:20 or 1:100?
Posted Image

#7 TThunderMan

TThunderMan

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

I am a F2P, and my opinion is: OMG! AWESOMEE!! GREAT IDEA DUDE!!
Give the idea to Jagex, in future updates forum. If they accept the I will congratulate you!
Posted Image

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

#8 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thanks gus :)

How much rarer do you think - 1:50 or 1:20 or 1:100?

Would personally have it at about 1:75; not too rare, not too common.
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#9 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

I am a F2P, and my opinion is: OMG! AWESOMEE!! GREAT IDEA DUDE!!
Give the idea to Jagex, in future updates forum. If they accept the I will congratulate you!

Thanks ;)

But Jagex looks at these forums, so I'll keep it here. And if it gets featured, it'll get sent to them...so they may be seeing it a few times :P
Posted Image

#10 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm down with this. And a 1:75 drop rate sounds decent reasonable.

Sweetheart.png

#11 Spartan

Spartan

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Sounds awesome, I agree that the original drop ratio seemed too low. 1:75 doesn't seem that hard nor too easy.

#12 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Gotcha. 1:75 it is :)
Posted Image

#13 BraveHero400

BraveHero400

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Oh man! I usually train at the roach soldiers (the level 83 ones) when I'm not Dungeoneering, but a huge roach boss would be QUITE nice! You have my support (nice touch with the key thingy too). :thumbsup:

Edited: The "ock" in C___roach got asteriskified...

Edited by BraveHero400, 05 July 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Heroes are people who rise to the occasion, then slip quietly away. ~ Tom Brokaw

Posted Image
With pleasure Molly... ;D

This is my opinion of the skills of RuneScape.

#14 Greed

Greed

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I like this idea also maybe add a greater demon or even a black demon down by the lesser demons on karamja. I mean kill a certain amount to spawn it kind of like cyclossus in the warriors guild.

6c7da11d.jpg?t=1360362159
Joined RuneHQ July 31, 2012 Used RuneHq since 2005

I Greed, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#15 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 564 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

Where would your gravestone be if you died there? The maximum grave length in f2p is 8 minutes, which is too long to get back to the dungeon, kill 75 of each cockroach, and assemblke the key to get into the area if the grave spawned inside the room, the best location would have to be outside of the dungeon.

WOuld the battle be instanced? If it wasn't, after the EoC when everything becomes multi-combat, it could be killed quite quickly by a large team, making it a bit too easy.

What would the members only drops be? IVP would want paying members to get a better version of everthing in the game, and that includes drops. Would there be dragon weapons dropped?

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler