Site Redesign - Public Beta!
Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:04 AM
I'm proud to present the current beta version of RuneHQ - now open to the public!
We're still working away to get everything ready for when it goes from Beta to Live and we need your help. If you come across anything that you love, hate, want to change, etc. please post it here so that we can review it and make any change necessary. If I don't know about it I can't change it! While you are looking over the new site, things may be changing throughout the week while I continue to make adjustments.
Please note that the main purpose of this project was to open the doors for new opportunities and fix some problems we've had, such as loading times due to heavy image use in site layout and long guides glitching with the layout. This isn't rebuilding the website - the core is still the same.
You currently have the option to choose between two colour themes: The default is a light blue theme called Azure and the second is a dark grey / black theme called Charcoal.
- We have a new logo and a new site font
- The news on the main site is larger to allow more freedom and less clutter - two columns instead of three
- Search the site from any page in the navigation menu
- Check the PIM databases to find important content at the very top of the page
- The announcements area has been overhauled to permanently show off important information
- Find us on Facebook on the main page
- Matching forum skin!
- The billboards look squashed because they are. When the site goes live, new billboards will be added at correct dimensions.
- If main images on the database pages are not centered, try refreshing the page before reporting it.
- Some guides have empty areas, these are known.
- Some images may not be appearing on the site. This project was started months ago and not all new images since then have been moved across.
Signature by Brandon.
Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:31 AM
Thanks for the signature corey !
Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:05 AM
Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:20 AM
Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:07 AM
I know that there is a twitter button on the top right corner, I just wanted you guys to balance the sites equally
Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:17 AM
I love the Charcoal black theme
Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:24 AM
Thanks for the awesome signature Buck!
I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.
Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:04 AM
Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:41 AM
My Current Goals:
Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:42 PM
Edited by Arilu, 18 June 2012 - 12:43 PM.
Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:55 PM
At the bottom of the forum when using the, there's a barely visible white divider which separates off the "_ user(s) are reading this topic/forum". I suppose this is a matter of personal choice, but I think it would look better and be easier to see if it were changed to dark blue like the outlines of the posts.
Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:48 PM
Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:00 PM
Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:03 PM
I know this will save alot on the servers because it requires alot of data but I love it now ! D:
Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:16 PM
Stretched pictures.. I assume you're talking about what we call the billboard.. near the top of the news page. We are aware of that. We just haven't had time to "fix" those images yet, but that's the only thing I'm aware of that is stretched.
I'm not sure what you mean by everything is all over the place.
No graphics - That was a design choice. It should help speed up the site that tiny bit more and every bit helps. Unfortunately that's just something that some people will love and others will hate.
Miss matched colors? Where?
Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:25 PM