Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 14:44) Welcome CapnObvious and clanascent!!
Sliver : (Apr 18,2014 14:15) RuneHQ Crystal Tree hunting event starts in 2 hours 45 mins! World: 60 FC: Tri Killer2
CapnObvious... : (Apr 18,2014 13:52) Tri_Killer2 are u there ?
Sumurai8 : (Apr 18,2014 12:17) Countdown timer is not set up again...
Mitorad : (Apr 18,2014 12:15) nomnom
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 18,2014 12:04) that is robin when batman isn't around xD
Rednar : (Apr 18,2014 12:03) http://i.imgur.com/vfi7FD3.gif
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 18,2014 11:32) I have never bossed so I would be of no help haha
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 11:31) Runs to Help & Advice section :banana:
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 18,2014 11:30) Someone will respond, just give it some time
Lonewolf5764 : (Apr 18,2014 11:26) Good idea.. I just posted the topic, can someone help? Q.Q
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 11:17) Lonewolf, if you go to Help & Advice and post your request there, with your stats you will find better help ;)
Lonewolf5764 : (Apr 18,2014 11:15) Someone should tell me what setup I should use with my stats to do QBD >.>
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 10:07) :butcher:
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 10:00) :bunny:
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 9:20) Hiya Lol
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 9:20) I see Purple People Bud
Senex Seni : (Apr 18,2014 9:18) Hey Ted, I can see Red. LOL
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 9:17) Good morning everyone!
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 8:43) Exsqueezeme? Was Quisque talkin bout me?

Photo

Report Your Runescape Scam/hack/cheat Experiences Here.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

Chatot

• Community Crew
  • 1,769 posts
  • RS Name:Kitty hawk
  • RS Member:Yes
  • Clan:RuneHQ
  • God Alignment:The Godless
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

If you see anything that seems inappropriate, report it. You already do so elsewhere. I don't mind names being posted, I have about a 1/10000 chance of ever spotting that person myself in most cases, and that would be if I was actively looking. However I can see your point for names of people who actually are on our forums.

Kitty_Hawk.png

#22 Colton

Colton

A Hylian God

• Advanced Members
  • 30 posts
  • RS Name:A Hylian God
  • God Alignment:Saradomin

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

I kept getting those emails from "Jagex Ltd" and "RuneScape" and almost believed them until I looked at the actual link they sent. :P

Now, instead of "Jagex Ltd" or "RuneScape" I'm getting the same emails from "fdgdfd". Something tells me they're not trying that hard anymore.

Siggy2.gif

#23 Guest_Lilroo503_NM_*

Guest_Lilroo503_NM_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:43 AM

Don't have any image atm, but beware of more email phishing attempts. The latest email (which isn't being quite as massively spammed yet) is about receiving loyalty points. It doesn't tell you how many points you currently have, it says you can claim 5k free points, and it shows lots of info about how to obtain points including a few images showing the Burthorpe shop. You have to actually "claim" these points by clicking the play now link which is the actual scam part.

#24 Guest_iDreambox_*

Guest_iDreambox_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

I keep on getting a whole load of those RuneScape phishing e-mails to an e-mail which isn't associated with any of my RuneScape accounts.

#25 Keata Kat

Keata Kat

Lots of fluffiness, but beware the claws..

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • RS Name:Keata
  • God Alignment:Zaros

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

So here's a new one that totally would have caught me out, had they not messed up the link :S ==

Subject title: Stellar Dawn - You are a beta tester!
Hi,

Thank you for your application. We are happy to announce you are one of our beta testers!

We have spent many years working towards this game and we need you to help us find bugs or other issues with the game before we release it to the public.

Please follow this link to our of beta version of the game. (You can use your RuneScape account or your Stellar Dawn account to login)

-link-

We look forward to seeing you in space,

The Stellar Dawn Team

From Jagex ltd as usual,

I eagerly got on the link given, but for some reason they messed it up and it didn't work. Thankfully I had Mr Roo on skype with me, who told me to check if it was real - and the link ofc had a spelling error in it (stelardawn).. crisis averted.

Fairly shaken up atm, thought I was more clever than that XD

So yeah.. be careful.

#26 Guest_Hand Sammich_*

Guest_Hand Sammich_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Ok, So this just happened to me. (Luckily the scammer went afk for a few minutes and i deposited everything but 3 items of value)
They came to me, asked "Do you want to be on youtube? I will be dropping 30m too!" I knew right away, Scam. I said yes. They lead me all the way around edgeville, and then had me jump the wildy border. They then gave me 1 law rune and 1 air rune and said "This is for when i drop the 30m so you can grab it" I accepted and they led me on. We went farther out, until about Wilderness level 4 and then on top of a mound was another player. He had Dragon Claws. He froze me and then ran to me and quickly killed me.

BEWARE. The scammers username was
Warthog380

#27 bigjtc

bigjtc

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • RS Name:bigjtc

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

There is no use in posting the username dude. If we see Warthog380, we're not gonna say "oooh, he scammed Hand Sammich. Evil!"... We probably wont even remember. Trying to make a list of all scammers is the same as trying to make a list of all botters- it isn't going to work. My advice is never follow people into the wilde. If you do, you WILL get scammed, unless you trust them. Also, there is one that almost caught me off guard. You will go to clan wars, and the person says "help me kill this person and ill pay you (x)m money".. If you ask about keeping items, they will say that the 3-item rule applies in the dangerous zone. Be warned- it dosent. You loose all items on death unless protect item is on.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 FireHazard772

FireHazard772

AKA - Dabomb772

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • RS Name:FireHazard77
  • God Alignment:Saradomin

User's Awards

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

:lol:

Just yesterday I was selling junk that I had picked up the day before, got a good profit from it too (179k from the stuff I sold, plus around 500k worth of stuff I kept (Lots of potions, charged glories/ROW's, some other stuff).

And knowing that the "Doubling Money" thing was sadly still going, and seeing someone do it right next to me, I gave it a shot with the 179k I got from the junk.

Didn't go so well, but laughed my head off at it. Besides, what's 179k compared to 1M+. Posted Image
16059388.pngFireHazard77.png
Want to follow my Adventure's Log? Check here!

#29 Dragnz soul

Dragnz soul

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 28 posts
  • RS Name:dragnz soul

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Dont know if anyone has already posted this scam, but someone told me there was a glitch in the wildy level 35 which turns like 10mill in to 500mill and 40mill into 1.4bill (and he also showed me 2bill) and they tell you to bank everything, and keep like 10mill+ in your money pouch (money that is in your money pouch is safe).

Then they get you to put the money in your inv and then trade them (in level 35 wildy), as i dident know you cant put money back in your money pouch in pvp areas, but luckly i thourght it was a scam so tryed it with like 10k, they also say dont worry just put it back in your money pouch when i attack you its safe >.<

Think the persons username was something like jigsaw? :S
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Dragnz soul

Dragnz soul

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 28 posts
  • RS Name:dragnz soul

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

And another one is in trade worlds they say spending 111m and trade you 111k

also in trade world they say free glorys show inv and when you put your stuff in trade they hope you forget and accept the trade.

(again i dont know if anyone has posted this)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Guest_inuro_*

Guest_inuro_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

look out for people i the game trying to scam you out of your money by trying to say they will double your money alot of people have been doing this latley so be carefull with the people of runescape...

#32 AnotherNinja

AnotherNinja

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 34 posts
  • RS Name:AStoryBegins

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

I was recently in the Grand Exchange, fletching and what not at the left-side bank... This was my first encounter with the new dice/flower game called "Horse". It was interesting enough, and easy enough to win, so I tried it out a few times, and went on a rather large win streak. However, at one point a player came along advertising dragon claws for bets of 500k. So, with my newly acquired cash stack, I played his game. I bet on the letter C, and lost the first time... And, the second time... But, when the third time came around, and I bet C yet again, it came up. He logged off at that instant, and scammed me out of 1.5 million gp. I guess it's my fault for being so gullable. The point that I'm trying to make, even though I'm sure anyone posting here knows this; is that you need to be careful when playing these staking games. If they're offering high priced items for low price bets, then don't play. It's as simple as that. Well, best of luck in your games, everyone. Here's hoping that none of you get scammed in the future!
Best wishes to everyone!

#33 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • RS Name:Pi_Stoff
  • God Alignment:Bandos

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

There are players who do the horsey game "legit" these people think they are better than the scammers,

they are actually a lot worse.

when you have a scammer you get scammed of your cash, its your fault, you were greedy and paid for it, with the legit player they give you a false sense of security that you can trust people, this in turn can cost people a lot more cash.

Do not gamble unless you are prepared to lose everything.

Pi_Stoff.png

#34 DarkDevourer

DarkDevourer

Ex-Events Team Member

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • RS Name:DarkDevourer

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

"say neigh to Gambling"
Posted Image
Posted Image
A big thank you to Brandon for the signature!

#35 chrg

chrg

Silent Spider

• Banned
  • 4 posts
  • RS Name:Don't Play
  • RS Member:No

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

We should be always remind people around him of fraud, but we have no right to others malicious slander

#36 Guest_usagisan4_*

Guest_usagisan4_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Thankfully I've never been hacked, but just in case, I've made several ftp accounts to hold some of my money as a back up. Nice to have a bit of insurance, eh?

Posted Image

#37 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • RS Name:Pi_Stoff
  • God Alignment:Bandos

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Thankfully I've never been hacked, but just in case, I've made several ftp accounts to hold some of my money as a back up. Nice to have a bit of insurance, eh?

Its only OK if you dont get caught and lose it all, not likely but possible.

Its very unlikely to get hacked, there are people who get hacked several times, there not unlucky just careless.

Pi_Stoff.png

#38 Guest_A2jcool_*

Guest_A2jcool_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

I've been hacked 3 times now even though i've never given my password out and I change it every month or two, and now i have a bank pin and my passwords the max it can be.... I laugh at scams now even though back before free trade was first taken away I fell for almost all of 'em

#39 Sonic3190

Sonic3190

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 17 posts
  • RS Name:Sonic3190
  • RS Member:No
  • Clan:Dg Family

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

I got hacked just a week ago.

But because I had a bank PIN and I carried nothing on me at the time, I lost nothing.

I could tell cuz the hacker used Chrome (got Chrome goggles, I use firefox lmao), and he tried to remove my PIN.

Set a pin and the recovery delay to 7 days, people!
Posted Image

Sig is in construction, I'm bad with them :c

#40 Brackenbury

Brackenbury

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 47 posts
  • RS Name:Brackenbury
  • God Alignment:Armadyl

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

I actually was involved with dicing for a while, being both the player and the operator of games. It was legit for a while but ended up losing a few million to a scammer. I learned my lesson.

I have, however, been completely hacked. I had a high level 90 account and accidentally navigated to a fake log-in page and entered my info. I realized my mistake and immediately changed my password. However, the hacker was still able to completely take over my account. I tried to recover my account, but was unable to due to lack of recovery questions, so the Jagex Staff was unable to help me. Lessons: Always check the left corner and Always have set security questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users