Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Sarawr : (Sep 22,2014 20:09) Happy birthday Wolfieeeeeee!!! :dash: :dash: :dash:
Cloque05 : (Sep 22,2014 4:07) it's fantastic, ryan :)
its ryan o_0 : (Sep 22,2014 4:02) is it good?
its ryan o_0 : (Sep 22,2014 4:01) whos been at elf city?
Sumurai8 : (Sep 22,2014 3:54) It's here :D http://imgur.com/Mwz992s
Sarawr : (Sep 22,2014 3:33) Elf citaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
2003 Veteran : (Sep 21,2014 14:54) http://www.runehq.co...est-assistance/
2003 Veteran : (Sep 21,2014 14:54) If you need a quest partner, please post in this thread.
Im_Gav : (Sep 21,2014 14:31) Needing Black Arm Gang member for Heroes. Please PM me in-game. Thank you.
Supremacy : (Sep 21,2014 14:13) Hi Pompol. If you're looking for a quest partner, you should post in the following thread :) : http://www.runehq.co...est-assistance/
Pompol : (Sep 21,2014 14:10) PLEASE O_O
Pompol : (Sep 21,2014 14:09) anyone here black arm gangbang
Pompol : (Sep 21,2014 14:09) omfg
Katalex : (Sep 21,2014 7:18) Singing this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die
Cloque05 : (Sep 21,2014 6:12) the levy was dry? Good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye?
Doc : (Sep 21,2014 0:26) Do YOU recall what was revealed the day the music died?
Kunio : (Sep 20,2014 12:30) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in just 30 minutes! World:60. FC: Kunio
Sliver : (Sep 20,2014 11:28) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 1 hour 30m! World: 60 FC: Kunio
Sliver : (Sep 20,2014 11:28) Happy birthday, Sola! :D
Kittyhawk : (Sep 20,2014 11:19) Happy Birthday!

Photo

Evolution

Evolution

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,773 posts
  • Clan:RuneHQ
  • God Alignment:The Godless
  • Featured Member

• RS Name:CapuDie
  • RS Member:Yes
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Moses wrote the book of Genesis, although it has been suggested that Moses just compiled the book of Genesis through the use of documentation of his forefathers (Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac etc.)
The age of the earth is 6,426 (-91 / +156) years old.

I just wanted to get back at this to tell you that the first writing of something happened around 3200 BCE (before christian era) in Mesopotamia.

I've also found that according to Septuagint, Mozes birth was around 1480 BCE, which means he can't have written that book 5000 years earlier?

The ancient Egypt came into existence around 3300 BCE, that was the place where Mozes took all his people from and started his tour through the desert.

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#82 Risegold

Risegold

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • RS Name:Risegold

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

I just wanted to get back at this to tell you that the first writing of something happened around 3200 BCE (before christian era) in Mesopotamia

First writing ever? Or first Biblical writing?

I've also found that according to Septuagint, Mozes birth was around 1480 BCE, which means he can't have written that book 5000 years earlier?

Where does it say this, I would be interested to see.

The ancient Egypt came into existence around 3300 BCE, that was the place where Mozes took all his people from and started his tour through the desert.

#83 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Clan:Ancient Arbitors
  • God Alignment:Zaros
  • RS Name:kilvehk

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

Geophysicist Dr John Baumgardner investigated the 14C in a group of diamonds. According to the halflife of 14C, there should be none left at all (or extremely little) in the diamonds, although the results showed that it was "10 times over the detection limit." This means that they had a radiocarbon age far less than that of million years. Dr Baumgardner also repeated this test with six alluvial diamonds from Namibia which contained even more radiocarbon.

from what im seeing there is plenty of reason to belive this research of yours was flawed anyway.

this site directly references his work
http://www.asa3.org/...s/carbon-kb.htm

below are some other referances i found

Carbon has two stable, nonradioactive isotopes: carbon-12 (12C), and carbon-13 (13C). In addition, there are trace amounts of the unstable isotope carbon-14 (14C) on Earth. Carbon-14 has a relatively short half-life of 5,730 years, meaning that the amount of carbon-14 in a sample is halved over the course of 5,730 years due to radioactive decay. Carbon-14 would have long ago vanished from Earth were it not for the unremitting cosmic ray flux interactions with the Earth's atmosphere, which create more of the isotope. The neutrons resulting from the cosmic ray interactions participate in the following nuclear reaction on the atoms of nitrogen molecules (N2) in the atmosphere: Posted Image

Samples older than the upper age-limit cannot be dated because the small number of remaining intrinsic 14C atoms will be obscured by 14C background atoms introduced into the samples while they still resided in the environment, during sample preparation, or in the detection instrument. As of 2007[update], the limiting age for a 1 milligram sample of graphite is about ten half-lives, approximately 60,000 years.[12] This age is derived from that of the calibration blanks used in an analysis, whose 14C content is assumed to be the result of contamination during processing (as a result of this, some facilities[12] will not report an age greater than 60,000 years for any sample).

Hypothesized explanations:

#1. The small apparent non-zero values are less than measurement error. In other words, the readings are consistent with zero C14 content. In fact, the experiments cited by the creationists appear to be attempts to establish the measurement error of there equipment. Older carbon dating techniques directly detected decays of C14 atoms. The problem: If the material is too old, the small amount of C14 present may not decay in the measurement interval. Newer, more accurate techniques use mass spectroscopy. Mass spectroscopy, like any man-made measurement, is not perfect. In particular, given a pure sample of C12, I suspect a mass spectrometer would indicate that a non-zero amount of C14 present. It is nigh impossible to measure exactly zero.

#2. Contamination. It doesn't take much contamination to spoil a sample with near-zero quantity of C14. Creationists pounce on this explanation as meaning all carbon 14 readings are suspect. False. While that same level of contamination (if this is the explanation) will add some error to the dating of some reasonably aged sample, the error will be small -- so long as the sample is not too old. The contamination is additive, not proportional.

#3. Alternate source of C14 production. Natural diamonds are not pure carbon. The most common contaminant is nitrogen, 0.1% in gem-quality diamonds. Nearby radioactive material could trigger exactly the same C14 production process from nitrogen as occurs in the upper atmosphere, albeit at a much reduced rate. Another possible avenue is C13, which has a small but non-zero neutron absorption cross section. By either mechanism, this is essentially internal contamination.

in short not only is carbon dating only fesable for materials around 60,000 years old or younger and is therefore redundant for mesuring diamonds, there are several way this geophysicist's results could have provided a false mesurement and is therefore completly unreliable

Edited by kilvehk, 31 July 2012 - 12:01 AM.

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#84 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,773 posts
  • Featured Member

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

First writing ever? Or first Biblical writing?

Where does it say this, I would be interested to see.

First writing, biblical writing didn't happen until after jesus was born, because it wasn't until then that there was anything like christianity. Does that make sense?

I googled it all :D

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#85 William

William

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • RS Name:Billiam
  • RS Member:No

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

First writing, biblical writing didn't happen until after jesus was born, because it wasn't until then that there was anything like christianity. Does that make sense?

I googled it all :D

Bumping this up. And weren't the old testament writings there before the time of Jesus?

billiam.png

#86 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,773 posts
  • Featured Member

User's Awards

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Bumping this up. And weren't the old testament writings there before the time of Jesus?

yeah, I think the story is they were written by moses?

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#87 Asocial

Asocial

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • RS Name:Asocial

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

My opinion on evolution is that it certainly does exist, but I question some of the conclusions that have been made towards people. Even as a religious person, just taking science courses and learning about viruses and bacteria and how they mutate so quickly has made it rather clear to me about this.

On the current string of conversation, Moses is said to have written the first five books of the Old Testament with Genesis most likely done by divine inspiration from God.

#88 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,773 posts
  • Featured Member

User's Awards

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

On the current string of conversation, Moses is said to have written the first five books of the Old Testament with Genesis most likely done by divine inspiration from God.

When ppl say they were told to do something by god, they get locked up... People actually try to justify killing other people because god told them so. I don't believe in godly inspiration...

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#89 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Clan:Ancient Arbitors
  • God Alignment:Zaros
  • RS Name:kilvehk

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

My opinion on evolution is that it certainly does exist, but I question some of the conclusions that have been made towards people. Even as a religious person, just taking science courses and learning about viruses and bacteria and how they mutate so quickly has made it rather clear to me about this.

while this is what is supposed to have happened what really happened is that a bunch of religous scholars got together and sorted through thousands of supposed parts of the story of the lord and put together the ones they belived to be most true into what we now know as the bible then edited bits of it so that it made semi-cohesive sence. there are several accounts of this happening and the historical inacuracys and holes in the story make this extreamy plausable. not sure if i mentioned this already but the bible mentions woman being created twice once from the earth at the same time as man and once from adams rib after the fact and in between those two instances there is a bit where god apparently says " it is not good for man to be alone"

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users