Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Do NOT use this Shoutbox for Quest Partners - Instead please click here
Enigma : (Dec 20,2014 19:13) I am the Enigma known as Toeby :bye:
Enigma : (Dec 20,2014 19:12) Hiya Senex :D
Tri_Killer2 : (Dec 20,2014 19:05) http://www.runehq.co...istmas-karaoke/
Hope : (Dec 20,2014 18:58) Are you ready for the holidays Bud?
Senex : (Dec 20,2014 18:42) Hiya Hope and Sarah :P
Hope : (Dec 20,2014 18:40) Hi there Budster!
Sarawr : (Dec 20,2014 18:37) Hey Senex
Senex : (Dec 20,2014 18:21) Well Haider Red
Rednar : (Dec 20,2014 17:53) Greetings Senex
Senex : (Dec 20,2014 17:50) Hello H.Q.
winterpauluk : (Dec 20,2014 17:30) checked out to get 96 herb i will have to make 29,681 super antifire :blink:
senug : (Dec 20,2014 17:02) Happy birthday to you both :)
DJ Phox : (Dec 20,2014 16:21) my newly colored beard... crimson red http://i60.tinypic.com/2j4yf4l.jpg
Sliver : (Dec 20,2014 14:05) RuneHQ Dungeoneering event is starting now! World: 60 FC: Moo Moo739
Sliver : (Dec 20,2014 13:33) Happy birthday Berry and Kushie! :D
Hope : (Dec 20,2014 13:30) :birthday: Berry :birthday: Hope you have a wonderful day, where ever your life has taken you.
Hope : (Dec 20,2014 13:28) :birthday: Kushie!! :birthday:
DJ Phox : (Dec 20,2014 13:28) gotta sit and endure the tingleing sensation for 45 min now.
DJ Phox : (Dec 20,2014 13:27) i'm bleaching my beard... gonna color it red for the christmas :) not red as in red head, but red like bright blood red or something
Sliver : (Dec 20,2014 13:12) RuneHQ Dungeoneering event starts in 48m! World: 60 FC: Moo Moo739

Photo

Afk-able Agility

Lazy Exp Afk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 Super Fly

Super Fly

Community Crew Manager, RHQ Clan Staff, Events Team

• Managers
  • 1,977 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm not sure about you all but I enjoy a nice movie while skilling. Agility is one of those skills that give wrist cramps and the same repetitive motions around and around a course isn't fun. I suggest that a new way to train agility is added to Runescape. Much like what runespan did for runecrafting, and bonfires did to firemaking.

Perhaps a very large agility course underwater? (Requires Pirate Pete part of Recipe for Disaster). Swimming can be slow and rewarding to overall cardiovascualar activity. Agility can slow down and have a great exp boost at the end of the afk-able course?

It's physics at its best.

Super_Fly.png

#2 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Advanced Members
  • 2,611 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

They have afk agility, working the conveyor belt in the blast furnace :P

To be honest, I don't mind agility so much anymore now that I have access to the advanced courses. And do we really need all the skills to become afk-able? Then, none of the capes will be coveted.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Posted Image

#3 Riku

Riku

Keyblade Master

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Personally, I love running the agility course at Brimhaven as long as there are others there. Anything can be fun with you're friends. Though I agree with McSwindler; everything is getting automated now. I remember the good ol' days of clicking each lobby as you wanted to cook it.

It feels like they're trying to make the game more automated so that people aren't as discouraged by bots.
Once we set through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness! - Riku

Riku: What are you making me choose now?
DiZ: Will you take the road to light- or the road to darkness?
Riku: Neither. I'm taking the middle road.
DiZ: You mean the twilight road to nightfall?
Riku: No... The road to dawn.

#4 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have to agree with you Tyler. Agility is a painstakingly boring skill. They are going towards more afking it seems, which seems like a good thing in my mind.
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#5 William

William

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

To be honest, the only slow, intense clicking skill I can think of is agility and dungeoneering at the lower levels. I think we need at least that one skill where all exp lamps should be dumped - now that runecrafting is relatively easy, agility fits that niche pretty well

billiam.png

#6 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 567 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

But AFKing is against the rules.

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler

#7 Alfawarlord

Alfawarlord

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Owner

• Site Admins
  • 4,187 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

But AFKing is against the rules.

Not really. When ppl usually say AFK they mean less clicking while they still look at the screen and talk in chat. AFK using bots is.

I would love an easier way to train agility. I absolutely hate doing round after round at an agility course.

horsesig.jpg

#8 Sarawr

Sarawr

Sarawr the Christmas Pony

• Advanced Members
  • 6,177 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

Agility is easy enough as it is now. If they make it any easier it will lose all value like runecrafting has. It's not had to resize your screen and watch something while you mindlessly click.

Sarah_Signature.png

Thanks to Wolfy for the sig!

defencemastercape.png 120 Defence forever <3 defencemastercape.png

#9 BennyTalent

BennyTalent

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

No thanks. As much as I hate runecrafting, or training it at least, the Runespan update was pretty ridiculous. It went from a long, slow skill to just another woodcutting. I don't want to see that happen to agility. It's pretty much one of the few non-afk skills left and one of the few "hard" aspects of the game left. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put Jagex above changing it to an afk skill, just look what they did to firemaking...

On one hand, I would like to easily be able to do agility, but that would destroy the value of the skill, the prestige of the skill, if you will. It'd also make the skill less unique, just yet another "click, watch movie for 30 seconds, repeat" thing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Bijenzalf

Bijenzalf

I want summer!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

I love the idea, support it! :-)

true.png

#11 Pulse Origin

Pulse Origin

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I also love the idea. I afk all the time and I really don't enjoy agility that much, but I don't want to see it become as afk-able a skill as fishing and fletching for example. I do love the underwater agility idea a lot though!

#12 Nofu

Nofu

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Big. Fat. No. AFKscape is something I am not fond of. I remember when 99 in any skill was hard, even cooking. Now I can afk most things. I got Agility from 30-60 in 2 days by paying attention and putting in the time.

Mr_Nofu.png

1000000000.png

I am a Caucasian male, Conservative, and Christian. The Triple C. I don't hate anyone and I don't want your money. I just want to keep mine. 

#13 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

i'm pretty sure jagex is trying to get AWAY from being afkable... that's what the whole combat beta is about. having make x on items is different.

forumsigp.png

#14 Guest_Holy_*

Guest_Holy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Personally I don't like the idea of having afk-able Agility. I feel it would (at least somewhat) lessen the level of prestige that the Agility cape currently has.

#15 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

I really don't want agility to become like runecrafting. The amount of people with 99 runecrafting has almost tripled since runespan came out. It took time to get 99 and I don't want it to become too easy.

Megamanexe.png

lumbridge.png

#16 Julien

Julien

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

I would somewhat agree and disagree. I do not think Agility should be AFK-ABlE , but i do feel that they should add something new so we would not have to turn the screen every 3 seconds. The hand cramps really are a pain.

#17 Risegold

Risegold

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

No support at all, sorry. You need to put in effort in order to get results, one day you will have to learn this, why not put it in on Runescape.
Also, look at what Runespan has done to the once prestigious RC Cape. Making this skill afk-able will do nothing to help Runescape at all, but, making a minigame that requires attention that is also fun is what this game needs.

#18 GrimKreation

GrimKreation

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

No support at all, sorry. You need to put in effort in order to get results, one day you will have to learn this, why not put it in on Runescape.
Also, look at what Runespan has done to the once prestigious RC Cape. Making this skill afk-able will do nothing to help Runescape at all, but, making a minigame that requires attention that is also fun is what this game needs.

Well there is the Brimhaven Arena... But the Exp is kind of poor and the Tickets dont really make up for it IMHO.

Posted Image

I like my weapons as I like my music. Heavy and metal

#19 Munter

Munter

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

I don't think we need it. Agility is one of the funner skills to train, especially if you meet someone to play tag with on the course.I wouldn't mind a less click intensive type of Agility training as long as it's 30k-40k max exp per hour.

#20 IIamfish98

IIamfish98

woopwoopwoop

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

What I think would be better, instead of making it afkable but have the emote thing take longer than any usual agility obstacle, and give less exp, discouraging afk Agility but still a viable method
IIamfish98
PROJECT:6IX

IIamfish98.pngIIamfish98.pngIIamfish98.pngIIamfish98.png

IIamfish98.pngIIamfish98.pngIIamfish98.pngIIamfish98.png

I, IIamfish98 hereby pledge to never support gold selling sites,
I will not use a bot, nor will I sit in silence while I watch others bot.
We are the solution.

KOrOm.png <-- He has feelings :OOOO