Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Do NOT use this Shoutbox for Quest Partners - Instead please click here
Haxorze : (Dec 22,2014 0:48) I don't want to go to work :(
Supremacy : (Dec 22,2014 0:23) I think he meant about thresholds.. >.>
Angel : (Dec 21,2014 22:09) Or you can just use revolution
The Cardinal : (Dec 21,2014 20:22) They get easier as you learn to use each ability when
senug : (Dec 21,2014 20:18) Im kinda getting used to killing Glacors now :)
Tri_Killer2 : (Dec 21,2014 20:12) Legacy > eoc
AllenAwesum : (Dec 21,2014 19:50) There is also Old School if you pay for mems. :banana:
Neri : (Dec 21,2014 19:07) Morvran Slayer cancel list
senug : (Dec 21,2014 17:30) But for combat, EoC is much better.
senug : (Dec 21,2014 17:29) You can still play on old interface. Simply go to Legacy mode and you will see the old interface
Alfawarlord : (Dec 21,2014 16:36) RS3 is rs2 with a new layout
Pack 2096 : (Dec 21,2014 16:14) How hard is it to understand rs2 to 3. Is it completely changed?
Pack 2096 : (Dec 21,2014 16:13) is it worth it? I havent played sense EOC
Pack 2096 : (Dec 21,2014 16:13) I am thinking about getting membership again
senug : (Dec 21,2014 16:00) Nice dvg :D
Haxorze : (Dec 21,2014 15:58) :D
Devil Vz God : (Dec 21,2014 15:36) And 51 kills later http://postimg.org/image/kocr5pi0p/
AllenAwesum : (Dec 21,2014 14:37) fixing to decide what to spend with 11m, so many possiblities lmao B-)
isbelleit1 : (Dec 21,2014 13:28) but what are urns?
isbelleit1 : (Dec 21,2014 13:28) hi im new

Photo

Radio time is up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,152 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well guys and gals, the time has come to say goodbye to the radio. It had it's heyday, and we had a lot of fun with it, but the honest truth is that when people want to listen to music they really have way too many choices out there. There is no reason for us to broadcast music 24/7 on 6 different stations.

When I first got started helping with the radio, all I did was broadcast games. To me, that is the perfect use for the radio on our site. Unfortunately we then had to update our site, and the forum battle - our number one reward - was removed. At that time we had a fairly tight number of regular listeners. It wasn't too long after I took over running the radios that they started to have coding issues running on our site, and we lost most of our hard core listeners. I have always said that when you have to compete with someone's iTunes library on a public broadcast, you are going to lose out. The breakdown of our listener base brought this fact hard to light. It is far easier to lose listeners than it is to build them up.

This isn't quite the end of all things radio, though it may seem so for some of you. We will instead be looking into a few other options. Every DJ who is interested in progressing with us in looking into those options will be more than welcome to send me a PM requesting further information. You are all also more than welcome to apply for our vent server as a moderator, or as event staff.

The radio will be removed on Friday. Please feel free to post here your favorite memories of the radio, or of being a DJ.

Thank you guys for all of your hard work.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#2 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,239 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Bye RuneHQ radio. :( I gotta say the most memorable moment for me was the new years eve brodcasts.

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#3 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Don't close it! ;-; I'm still trying to put together a 24-hour playlist.. Don't shut it downnnnn.
Angel_Seina.pngAngel_Seina.png

I, Kairi , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#4 Brandon

Brandon

Content Editor (Guides)

• Content Editors
  • 1,356 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I didn't listen to the Radio much, only listened when Seinami was djing :thumbsup: But i'll miss it.

If ya need a signature post on my link and i'll see what I can do. Signature shop

lich.png

I, Brandon, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Double_D_Edd

Double_D_Edd

Edd

• Advanced Members
  • 4,683 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Don't close it! ;-; I'm still trying to put together a 24-hour playlist.. Don't shut it downnnnn.

There is no point in having a 24-hour playlist when there are better alternatives. People listen to music on their Apple products, cell phones, etc.

#6 Super Fly

Super Fly

Community Crew Manager, RHQ Clan Staff, Events Team

• Managers
  • 1,977 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Youtube hour long playlists work for me :) Although, Seinami's tunes were pretty good :P

Super_Fly.png

#7 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I love being a Dj.. :'c

I was even gonna make mah own Remixes.

I, Kairi , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#8 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,152 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

I think you should still do that. We can broadcast it on Vent sometime, maybe.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#9 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Okai.. :c Can I keep my DJ title..?

#10 Double_D_Edd

Double_D_Edd

Edd

• Advanced Members
  • 4,683 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Okai.. :c Can I keep my DJ title..?

I don't think you realize that the Radio is practically gone. Either you're in denial or have some serious issues comprehending what we have been saying in this topic.

That being said, why would you keep it in your title? You no longer hold the position, so there's no need to keep it. Furthermore, it just opens the door for confusion. We don't want to confuse our members.

You're more than welcome to add it in your profile as your former position. Example: Ex-Radio DJ

#11 Erik

Erik

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Nicked my brothers laptop for a bit, just got informed.

I enjoyed my time as a DJ a lot. I want to thank all the staff for the fun I had. I loved it and enjoyed it a huge amount. It will be missed.

First of all, the staff put a huge amount of effort and I'd like to thank them. I'd like to thank Kittyhawk for being so supportive and being such a good manager and putting us ahead. You really got us started, you supported us, and I'd like to thank you.

I'm not attempting to leave out anyone. Sorry if I miss out 1 person, but these are the real standout people who were always there for me and the fellow DJ's.

You guys were amazing. With all the info you gave us, the support and the trustworthyness you put into us really supported us, so thank you.

Fellow DJs. You really helped me go ahead. Together we were a really strong force. Helping each other out, sharing the radios between us. It didn't matter when you joined. We all worked together.

Greg. - For being such a noob, but such a legend. You were one of the main listeners, you were (most of the time) there, you listened and you gave us a laugh. Cheers.

Peever and Chickenisgood - for getting me into the DJing on RHQ. Legends.

Cowlover, Yamon, Big Mac and Ladylee - You were some of the main listeners. You were always requesting, having a laugh in the shoutbox. Thanks.

Penguin herders - I had a lot of fun with the Mentor version of penguin herders, and the

If I've missed anyone out, please PM me. These are the people I remember off the top of my head.

Will be doing a final broadcast right now, (maybe tomorrow if the radio doesn't go off at that time)

Thanks to all of you. You've all been supportive. You've been great. It's been a real pleasure to broadcast to you guys. I hope someday this will return although it's been mentioned it's unlikely.

Thanks for all your support.

Edited by Erik, 10 May 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#12 James

James

Astute Corporeal Beast

• Advanced Members
  • 2,976 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

We could reform it into a livestream or something...

#13 Ladylee06

Ladylee06

Soon to be Mrs. Powotae

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Wow lots of changes...I must say the only time I listened to RuneHQ radio was when Erik was dj'ing, but he hasn't been active on forums lately so I sort of just stopped. I remember how enthusiastically and how proudly Erik would entertain us with his great music and song playlist. He really knew his music, I had the opportunity of listening to great songs I've never ever heard before. Thank you Erik and RuneHQ radio for the opportunity.

I'm sure many of RuneHQ dj's had a great run, and they will always be remembered. RuneHQ Radio will certainly live on in the memories of those it has touched through it's music. ^^

#14 Erik

Erik

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Wow lots of changes...I must say the only time I listened to RuneHQ radio was when Erik was dj'ing, but he hasn't been active on forums lately so I sort of just stopped. I remember how enthusiastically and how proudly Erik would entertain us with his great music and song playlist. He really knew his music, I had the opportunity of listening to great songs I've never ever heard before. Thank you Erik and RuneHQ radio for the opportunity.

I'm sure many of RuneHQ dj's had a great run, and they will always be remembered. RuneHQ Radio will certainly live on in the memories of those it has touched through it's music. ^^

I'm glad I introduced new music to you, haha. I suppose that's what DJ's are really supposed to do :)

But I had a lot of fun throughout my 1 year as a DJ. Want to thank all of you for the opportunity and support :)

#15 Ladylee06

Ladylee06

Soon to be Mrs. Powotae

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm glad I introduced new music to you, haha. I suppose that's what DJ's are really supposed to do :)

But I had a lot of fun throughout my 1 year as a DJ. Want to thank all of you for the opportunity and support :)

Hehe I'm glad too, thank you truly for the music Erik.

BUT you need to come back on RuneHQ! Why haven't you been active lately? :(

See what happens when you leave? Hehe.

#16 Erik

Erik

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hehe I'm glad too, thank you truly for the music Erik.

BUT you need to come back on RuneHQ! Why haven't you been active lately? :(

See what happens when you leave? Hehe.

That was due to me leaving for University. I've had a couple of weeks off lately and thought I'd drop by.

But I'd never of thought of seeing this. This was something I'd never like to see. But I suppose it's for a valid reason.

Edited by Erik, 11 May 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#17 Ladylee06

Ladylee06

Soon to be Mrs. Powotae

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yea nobody enjoys seeing something they love dearly disappear. =\

Ah right, Uni,..I guess it's understandable then, but now that you have more free time, you should get on more often.

Oh and how come you still have your RADIO DJ title? Will that be gone by tomorrow?

#18 Erik

Erik

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yea nobody enjoys seeing something they love dearly disappear. =\

Ah right, Uni,..I guess it's understandable then, but now that you have more free time, you should get on more often.

Oh and how come you still have your RADIO DJ title? Will that be gone by tomorrow?

I'm planning to get on more often in the next 2-3 months.

I don't know why I still have my DJ title. I suppose the radio isn't fully closed yet, me and Serai are Djing on it :P

Maybe it'll be closed later, and then I will probably lose it :(

#19 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

But.. What about Vent Dj'ing? D:

#20 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,152 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm sure vent DJing can still happen from time to time. We'll have to see if we can work that out though.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler