Clan Code of Conduct:
(Version: 4.0, Last Revised: August 24, 2012)
As a member of this clan, your behavior affects the image of RuneHQ in the community. Because of this, we ask that you follow these rules in your interactions with other players both inside and outside of the clan chat. It is YOUR responsibility to remain up-to-date on the rules of this clan.
1. All clan members are to abide by the Rules of RuneScape. No exceptions!
As we are all players of this game which is run by Jagex Ltd., we are hereby bound to their rules of conduct and we take this very seriously. Failure to abide by these rules is grounds for your immediate removal from this clan and can possibly result in action being taken against your account by Jagex Moderators.
2. Treat all other players with civility, respect, and fairness be they members of this clan or other players in the public.
Respect is one of the core principles of this clan. All players have equal rights and worth and it is expected that all users treat each other with such. The things you say and do on the internet can hurt someone in real-life. Remember there is a real person behind that screen name. Think before you act. You should not be deliberately provoking other players, and although we're generally nice and want to help you however we can, please don't take advantage of our hospitality by begging for free stuff. Also, please be respectful and supportive of other people's goals and achievements, even if they seem trivial to you. Even the mightiest Completionist Cape-touting master adventurer was a Level 3 once, you know!
3. Do not use offensive language.
This refers to swearing as much as it does racism or other grossly inappropriate remarks. We understand RuneScape has a Profanity Filter, but users should not need to rely on such to traverse our channel. Any kind of sweary acronyms or abbreviations are not allowed either. The only mild swearing we allow in the clan chat are 'damn', 'ass', and 'shit'. Out of respect for others, if any user asks you to tone down your language, please do so.
4. Flaming, Spamming, Trolling, or other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
This is hopefully self-explanatory. Flaming, spamming, and trolling are simply childish and unwelcome in our chat channel. Also, for the sake of maintaining a positive image of ourselves in the community, please do not go about doing these things (or similar) out in other clan chats, friends chats, public chat, etc.
5. No sexual, racist, religious, political or illegal topics in the clan chat.
Discussion of sexual topics or sexuality is not permitted in this clan chat. Racist comments and jokes are childish and disrespectful of other nationalities and ethnic groups. Religious and political topics can descend into heated arguments in a matter of seconds. All discussions promoting illegal activities such as drugs are not allowed. Out of respect for other users and our staff who try to keep order in the clan chat, please take these discussions elsewhere. References to such topics in your display names are not welcome and you may be asked to either change your name or leave.
6. Be respectful of the Clan Staff and follow their instructions.
Clan Staff are designated by a Key or a Ship's Wheel next to their name in the clan chat list. If we're asking you to tone down your language, take your conversation to PM, and/or change the topic of discussion, please do so. There's no need for arguing or telling us how we should be doing our jobs. Impersonating staff by changing your name to something very much similar to the one of a RuneHQ staff member is strictly prohibited. We have to run them through the paces again ourselves anyway, so grilling prospective recruits in advance is no help to us. If you have an objection to how a situation was handled, take screenshots of as much of the incident as you can (possibly even your whole chatlog) and send them to Alfawarlord or one of the other Deputies on the RuneHQ Forums.
7. Do NOT place Clan Staff members on your Ignore List, especially when they are giving you instructions.
We will remove users from the clan for doing this. Ignoring a staff member can result in you missing important information or instructions and generally comes across as disrespectful and demonstrative of an unwillingness to cooperate with the leadership of this clan. Our staff is hand-selected from mature individuals who then have to sign a permission slip which makes them legally responsible to RuneHQ for their actions. We're not going to intentionally do things to annoy you, so if something we do bothers you, come talk to us instead of adding us to your Ignore List. Be proactive.
8. This clan has a firm anti-gambling, anti-scamming stance. Advertising, participating in, or hosting scams and/or gambling games is STRICTLY prohibited.
This includes but is not limited to "Goodie Bag", "Doubling Money", or any other form of a player-run game of chance. This is a very serious offense in this clan as it is both against the Rules of Runescape and it portrays both our clan and the RuneHQ website by extension as dishonest. If you are caught hosting or participating in these dishonest activities, expect to be removed from the clan without warning. If you have read this far "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?" is what you are looking for to tell your recruiter if you want to join the clan.
9. This is a primarily English-speaking clan. If a user requests that you stop using a language other than English in the clan chat, please do so out of respect for others.
While our users come from a variety of backgrounds and speak many different languages, English is the main language spoken by the majority of our clan. If a user feels that the use of any other language in the clan chat is limiting his or her ability to participate in the conversation, we ask that you take it to another friends or clan chat.
10. RuneHQ Clan Staff reserve the right to interpret and apply these rules on a case-by-case basis.
We recognize that every incident is different and occurs in different circumstances. We reserve the right to interpret these rules and take the appropriate action according to the circumstances.
- Participation in the Citadel and clan chat are not mandatory, but are highly encouraged activities.
- Only one account per player is allowed in the clan, to give everyone a chance to join the clan.
- Clan members are also encouraged to read the Clan Forum regularly to remain current with the latest rule revisions and other important updates.
- If you have a problem or suggestion, please take this up with a clan staff member either in-game or via the PM system on RuneHQ.