Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
FireHazard772 : (Nov 25,2014 21:24) WB DJ
2003 Veteran : (Nov 25,2014 21:04) Welcome back!
The Cardinal : (Nov 25,2014 21:01) Welcome back!
DJ Phox : (Nov 25,2014 20:51) Wheeeeeee I'm back from my 10 months term in AmeriCorps NCCC in Vicksburg, MS!!!!!!
senug : (Nov 25,2014 18:25) eww :D
Super Fly : (Nov 25,2014 18:20) Shiny!
Devil Vz God : (Nov 25,2014 18:18) Dat drop http://postimg.org/image/mn3imuha1/
Rednar : (Nov 25,2014 15:52) HI!
Haxorze : (Nov 25,2014 15:34) hello :)
Misty Fuzzy : (Nov 25,2014 14:19) Who is Mohnish? :o
JHewitt : (Nov 25,2014 13:52) You should join the chatroom, Misty!
Misty Fuzzy : (Nov 25,2014 13:45) in Teamspeak all alone *sniffles*
2003 Veteran : (Nov 25,2014 13:44) When I leave for basic, I won't renew for about 5 months x_x
2003 Veteran : (Nov 25,2014 13:44) RIP Membership for me.
senug : (Nov 25,2014 12:26) I wonder if I should get membership for my ironman account before the price increase occurs.
senug : (Nov 25,2014 8:01) Can't believe 2014 will end next month :o 2015 is getting close.
Graystar : (Nov 25,2014 2:40) Ravensworn raven can be found behind house east of Spirit tree, world 26.
2003 Veteran : (Nov 24,2014 22:53) I'll be 2 hours away from the riots when I go to basic in Jan lol.
Super Fly : (Nov 24,2014 22:44) Crazy stuff going on :(
2003 Veteran : (Nov 24,2014 21:35) Hmm... I wonder if the National Guard unit I'll be attached to in the summer, was deployed for these riots.

Photo

Need Help becoming good at PK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony Dunkley

Anthony Dunkley

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I went for a PK run a few days ago had around 1.5mill of stuff I died quite I should. I would like som Help and suggestion of how I could get better at as I have only just started doing this again. I'm not to keen on on loosing 1.5mill every time I go. Any help will be appreciated thanks :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,182 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Use rocktails,super defence pots or saradomin brews,super strength potion and attack potions. These things should help. :P

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#3 CriticalAcclaim

CriticalAcclaim

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

I would suggest flasks for more inv space but only if you can afford it. <.<

#4 Anthony Dunkley

Anthony Dunkley

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

I will use the strength, attack and defence pots next time I go and yes I should be able to afford the flasks. Thanks for the help :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Guest_Albus Potter_*

Guest_Albus Potter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

People people, please. Its not just about what items you have its about the experience.
Get good internet + Computer (Even if your computer can handle high settings turn them down to the very basic)

Learn to click very fast and accurate, as well as to familiarise yourself with the hotkeys that are available.
To be a good pvper you need to know all the tactics, and in way predict your opponents moves.
(oldschool example) - Opponent is wearing dragon-hide body, archer helm, but also is wearing mystic legs and mystic boots... Equip he has a Magic Short bow.
First judgments are everything, it may be a bluff but then who bluff's in this game to lower their bonuses?
Acknowledge his equipment, he may have ancients equip... which means if you're a zerker pure, BAIL, if you're a Range tank you may have a chance.

I guess the main thing you should consider is the "COMBAT TRIANGLE"

Melee > Range
Range > Magic
Magic > Melee
___

Another tip would be to not listen to any hardcore music, it will distract you.
Once you get more and more experience then you can incorporate the music, and even record yourself (live-streams)
___

PVP is a high risk game; If you can't afford it don't do it.
Some people believe that its a good way to make money; are you a fool?
> if this is you, make sure you keep at least 10M+ in your bank; otherwise you may rage quit/an hero/get black-listed/ or turn into nothing but hate - and no one want's that.
___

Good luck my friend.

#6 Anthony Dunkley

Anthony Dunkley

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Thanks for the help Mrs slave that was in great detail very useful and very easy to understand it made me realise what I should do.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'd definitely agree with Albus Potter here -- PKing is much more about the skills you have than the items you use. I know this from experience, even from just doing f2p pking; for fun, I like to go around using really weak/unusual weapons to try and get KOs: rune dagger, mace, pickaxe, etc., and I still manage to do it.

Sadly, there's little other way to improve except by practice. I'd suggest doing low-risk PKing (risking only rune armor, perhaps, for example), until you feel more comfortable using more expensive gear. Otherwise, look on YouTube for PK videos of accounts that are near your level so that you can learn from current (and previous) tactics, and note the kind of damage/weapons/armor that people at your level use.
Self-proclaimed F2P Veteran, past RHQ Mentor.

What am I up to? Read my log and find out!
._.

#8 Kartman 007

Kartman 007

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Members pking? If so, it's a better idea trying to familiarise yourself with F2P pking, first. On a main account, or with a pure. I currently have a ranging/2h f2p pker, and there's a thing you can do called delaying, where you hit the person with range, then 2h almost instantly afterwards, and I've had a lot of practise. Try low if you keep dying in members, just go back to the basics with f2p.

#9 Guest_dsqo01_*

Guest_dsqo01_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

shark brew.

#10 Guest_RDASH.5000_*

Guest_RDASH.5000_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'm not good at pvp at all but I would go to the red dragons because white berry bots are always there and you could bring a friend you trust, because some of the bots have whips! I dont know if theres a way to get the bots to get skulled but i like the free exp and red dragon drops.