Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Barabas69 : (Apr 23,2014 10:02) I can Gene
Spark : (Apr 23,2014 8:51) Does anyone want to donate dragon/frost dragon/gpz to me lol. the cost of 95 prayer makes me cry deeply
MrStormy : (Apr 23,2014 4:55) Anyone wanna help me with Fishing Trawler? I am trying to get some sharks teeth for Shark's Tooth Necklace
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 22,2014 15:24) http://www.runehq.co...runescape-help/
Umari : (Apr 22,2014 14:57) Can someone please direct me to where I can post a help request with Solomons general store?
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 14:56) When I try to enter the runescape site, it says that the Page can't be displayed error
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 14:55) it was aready released when I was on today
Umari : (Apr 22,2014 14:54) Maybe the closest server near you is updating? They did just release a new quest so...
Bob : (Apr 22,2014 14:53) Strange... I can get on just fine.
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 14:52) so I can't get on
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 14:52) it won't let me on the site
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 14:50) I can't get on runescape
Super Fly : (Apr 22,2014 14:33) :banana:
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 22,2014 14:22) It is not down. If you having issues. Please post a topic in this link, http://www.runehq.co...runescape-help/
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 14:17) is runescape down
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 22,2014 13:54) No
ShadowJosh : (Apr 22,2014 13:51) hey is runescape down
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 22,2014 13:51) >.<
Rednar : (Apr 22,2014 13:28) http://puu.sh/8jf6T.png :o
Quisque : (Apr 22,2014 11:05) Fun videO;https://www.youtube....h?v=_gME2rNytTE

Photo

Anything about Bots goes here!

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 Smexy Sarah

Smexy Sarah

Queen of the Pony People

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 5,013 posts
  • Clan:RuneHQ
  • God Alignment:The Godless
  • RS Name:Smexy Sarah
  • RS Member:Yes
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

Please post anything about the recent large amount of macroers here! This includes what your tactics are to get rid of them, any ways we could possibly stop them, and all macro discussion. Please do NOT make a new topic about it or it will be merged with this one!

Copied from old macroer topic:

In case you aren't sure if somebody is an autoer, here are some ways that you can spot autoers, and unreliable ways of spotting them.

Reliable Ways to spot an autoer:

• Keep an eye on the walk that they take to bank. Some Autoers can have 2 different alternating routes. If this is the case, keep a good view on the path(s) that they walk, and see if constantly they are the same.
  • The level of an autoer is generally (Not always - Non-Combat Skill Totalers) level 3 or level 4. I am not saying this is always the case, however, people who use autoer programs are smart not to have their high leveled account on an autoer program, as this can get their main banned.
  • Look for masses of people in the out of reach places. A good example is the Yew Trees near Draynor Castle. In my times of playing, I used to only see one or two people at most. Why? Because it is a spot of yew trees that are probably the most furthest away from a bank. Think of some other out of reach places, which are quite far away from a bank.
  • If you suspect an autoer, and you are a player moderator, or know a player mod who is willing to come by, speak or get them to speak, as many autoers are programmed to log off when the Player Moderator speaks - (This is according to Aierwyn. If this is not true, please tell me). - This Has most probably been confirmed thanks to joe_scmoe68. I have see it with my own eyes - This is confirmed. Thank-You
  • It is possible that some autoers react by running away when whacked with a rubber chicken (This is according to Sir Brendan - If this is not true, please reply)
  • People who have autoer accounts generally tend to have multiple accounts running at once. When they do this, they generally take one username, for example, spretef (Just making up random names), and add numbers like 0001 to the end of it. This means, they have accounts named spretef0001,spretef0002 and so on. Seeing groups of these are most likely considered autoers.
Unreliable Ways to spot an autoer:
  • Many people say talking to a character who is leveling and they arent talking means that the character is automatically an autoer. Just because you talk, either, a) They have been Muted by a Player Moderator, Posted Image They dont want to talk to you, c) They have you on their ignore list, or d) They private chat is turned off.
  • People say that because somebody leveling on a high level tree with a low level axe (like bronze or iron) is automatically an autoer, because they are not using a rune or dragon axe. Maybe they cannot afford a rune axe, and are cutting the trees down to get their money towards one.
  • One way TO NOT distinguish an autoer from others. If they are not wearing any armour, clothing etc. This does not mean they are an autoer. They may just not want to carry the extra weight around while running to bank.
Feel free to reply to this topic with Reliable/Unreliable ways to spot autoers.

Updated this topic with the one on the old forums!

mlp.gifmax.pngmlp.gif

Sarah_zps1496f7ff.png

Thanks to Brandon for the awesome signature <3

#2 Cookies

Cookies

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 31 posts
  • RS Name:None
  • RS Member:No

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

many autoers are programmed to log off when the Player Moderator speaks

False, only a few are. The few who are also have an option to disable/enable it, so it's not a reliable way of spotting bots.

#3 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • RS Name:Sweetheart

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Also, most botters would disable the option to be logged off when a PM speaks because the PM probably expects them to autolog.

Posted Image

#4 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts
  • RS Name:-

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

How to Kill Green dragon bots

1) Get a friend who has 85+ mage
2) Have a high strenghth so you can kill them fast
3) PK them, make sure your friend teleblocks first

Tips
1) Stay around level 22 wildy and then when they are in the middle of a fight and they run, it generally means they are out of food therefore PK'ing them is easy!
2) Be prepared to run, they will try and run away into the lower wildy so make sure they are around your level.
3) Luring them to the level 15 wildy for multi combat is a good tactic
4) Make sure you have a quick way out incase YOU get pk'ed.

This is a good way to get a full inventory of D'hides and Bones so it's good money.

Hope this helps.

I am on about the level 20 east dragons in the wildy!

#5 isstmich

isstmich

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 19 posts
  • RS Name:Wagliefxion

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

ive noticed many combat bots will maintain a patrol area. they also try to attack ANYTHING even if you have been fighting something for a few minutes they will attempt to engage it, then they stick around you and your target for ~2-7 seconds before continuing its patrol.
Posted Image

#6 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

ive noticed many combat bots will maintain a patrol area. they also try to attack ANYTHING even if you have been fighting something for a few minutes they will attempt to engage it, then they stick around you and your target for ~2-7 seconds before continuing its patrol.

Generally they only attack a specific monster and use certain techniques to move/tele. For example they always use teletabs at a certain spot and things.

#7 isstmich

isstmich

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 19 posts
  • RS Name:Wagliefxion

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

Generally they only attack a specific monster and use certain techniques to move/tele. For example they always use teletabs at a certain spot and things.

The areas i encounter the combat bots generally have 2 maybe 3 different types of monsters at most. most commonly in the stronghold of security, and the Experiment grounds.
Posted Image

#8 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Ah experiments yes, not sure about stronghold, I know about the spiders but I always put a cannon in mintaurs and watch everyone get mad or just fail killing them.

#9 Joey Mayhem

Joey Mayhem

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • RS Name:Don't Play

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Their annoying and the ruin the game for everyone. They outnumber us.

Sadly, this is a True Story.

#10 Subsistence_Clan

Subsistence_Clan

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • RS Name:Subsist Clan

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Some truth...
1. I have not seen any bot programmed to log off when a mod speaks. Check into it yourself, you do not have to use bots to know about them.
2. I will gladly whack any bot with rubber chicken, and I guarantee you none of them will run away.
3. Most bots will not have consistent patterns in walking, they are randomized.
4. Usually, instead of same names, they will be IlllillIlliiil (Combination of upcase i's and lowercase l's ect.) Because it is hard to report someone if you cannot determine their name.
5. Some botters will try to be isolated, of course. Less people, more for them. But also a lot more will be in large crowds because it is hard to pick them out from everyone else.

#11 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • RS Name:Sweetheart

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

Indeed.
Let's not forget that bots are piloted by real players, some of whom are frightfully clever (and smarter than the average player).
A 'good' botter knows that they ought to blend in with other players.

Posted Image

#12 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Some truth...
1. I have not seen any bot programmed to log off when a mod speaks. Check into it yourself, you do not have to use bots to know about them.
2. I will gladly whack any bot with rubber chicken, and I guarantee you none of them will run away.
3. Most bots will not have consistent patterns in walking, they are randomized.
4. Usually, instead of same names, they will be IlllillIlliiil (Combination of upcase i's and lowercase l's ect.) Because it is hard to report someone if you cannot determine their name.
5. Some botters will try to be isolated, of course. Less people, more for them. But also a lot more will be in large crowds because it is hard to pick them out from everyone else.

1. Your wrong, I can happily direct you to a script that logs off when a mod speaks
2. How did this come around O_o
3. Depends how good the scriptor is.
4. Correct
5. Correct

:D, of course we all have our own opinions on these but those are mine.

#13 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • God Alignment:Bandos
  • RS Name:Pi_Stoff

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Making the most of bots, so much negativity for a group of misfits, here is a benefit.

Black demons at Taverly, take a cannon and set it up in the middle of the area, if you stand on a demon that is being attacked by a bot the remaining demons become as if its a multi player area.
The bots will stand or run around as you attack all the demons with your cannon, if a demon starts to hit you just stand back a bit and it starts again, you can fight a demon until it gets below half health and leave it for the bot to finish.
Result is slayer task over quicker, you can collect your ashes after the bot finishes your kills.

For a bit of fun take some black full helms or some burnt meat and watch some of the bots collect them.

An almost guaranteed way of detecting a firemaking bot, plant a mithryl seed plant in its path and it will stand on the flower until it goes away.

Pi_Stoff.png

#14 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Making the most of bots, so much negativity for a group of misfits, here is a benefit.

Black demons at Taverly, take a cannon and set it up in the middle of the area, if you stand on a demon that is being attacked by a bot the remaining demons become as if its a multi player area.
The bots will stand or run around as you attack all the demons with your cannon, if a demon starts to hit you just stand back a bit and it starts again, you can fight a demon until it gets below half health and leave it for the bot to finish.
Result is slayer task over quicker, you can collect your ashes after the bot finishes your kills.

For a bit of fun take some black full helms or some burnt meat and watch some of the bots collect them.

An almost guaranteed way of detecting a firemaking bot, plant a mithryl seed plant in its path and it will stand on the flower until it goes away.

Haha, never knew about either of those ways :). Might go and get some black demons tonight after barrows event.

#15 Kami

Kami

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 27 posts
  • RS Name:D O U B L E

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

1. Your wrong, I can happily direct you to a script that logs off when a mod speaks

J mod maybe. I'm a P mod and I've never seen a bot log off when I speak and I wish that they did. I hate training with bots in the vicinity. <_<

#16 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

J mod maybe. I'm a P mod and I've never seen a bot log off when I speak and I wish that they did. I hate training with bots in the vicinity. Posted Image

Let me have a look it shouldnt be hard to make them logoff rofl.

#17 Cookies

Cookies

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 31 posts
  • RS Name:None

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

The level of an autoer is generally (Not always - Non-Combat Skill Totalers) level 3 or level 4. I am not saying this is always the case, however, people who use autoer programs are smart not to have their high leveled account on an autoer program, as this can get their main banned.

People who use autoer programs are commonly smart enough to use bots on their main accounts and NOT get banned. True story. Level shouldn't be a factor in deciding if a player is a bot. I've seen many a 130 at Varrock West bank spamming "27" (failbot attempting to withdraw skilling items).

Edited by Kentis99, 10 October 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#18 Super Fly

Super Fly

RHQ Clan Battlestaff / Events Team

• Events Team
  • 1,417 posts
  • God Alignment:Armadyl
  • RS Name:Super Fly

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Great news everyone- JAGEX IS ACTUALLY MAKING PROGRESS TO STOP BOTS! :D
They blocked the gold website spammers, less nub bot woodcutting and most of all...
GAVE ME MY PRECIOUS FROST DRAGONS BACK! :D

Super_Fly.png FlySig.jpg

#19 ClearlyUnique

ClearlyUnique

Shifter

• Advanced Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Great news everyone- JAGEX IS ACTUALLY MAKING PROGRESS TO STOP BOTS! Posted Image
They blocked the gold website spammers, less nub bot woodcutting and most of all...
GAVE ME MY PRECIOUS FROST DRAGONS BACK! Posted Image

Cool :), what do you mean woodcutting nubs?

#20 Tea supreme

Tea supreme

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 26 posts
  • RS Name:tea kit

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

saddly, bots are slowly returning, faster than rs is updating...
i believe only suscribed bots have found a way back in, and a few bots are dodging every bullet rs trys to shoot,
and is hitting innocent people...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users