Please post anything about the recent large amount of macroers here! This includes what your tactics are to get rid of them, any ways we could possibly stop them, and all macro discussion. Please do NOT make a new topic about it or it will be merged with this one!
Copied from old macroer topic:
In case you aren't sure if somebody is an autoer, here are some ways that you can spot autoers, and unreliable ways of spotting them.
Reliable Ways to spot an autoer:
Unreliable Ways to spot an autoer:
- Keep an eye on the walk that they take to bank. Some Autoers can have 2 different alternating routes. If this is the case, keep a good view on the path(s) that they walk, and see if constantly they are the same.
- The level of an autoer is generally (Not always - Non-Combat Skill Totalers) level 3 or level 4. I am not saying this is always the case, however, people who use autoer programs are smart not to have their high leveled account on an autoer program, as this can get their main banned.
- Look for masses of people in the out of reach places. A good example is the Yew Trees near Draynor Castle. In my times of playing, I used to only see one or two people at most. Why? Because it is a spot of yew trees that are probably the most furthest away from a bank. Think of some other out of reach places, which are quite far away from a bank.
- If you suspect an autoer, and you are a player moderator, or know a player mod who is willing to come by, speak or get them to speak, as many autoers are programmed to log off when the Player Moderator speaks - (This is according to Aierwyn. If this is not true, please tell me). - This Has most probably been confirmed thanks to joe_scmoe68. I have see it with my own eyes - This is confirmed. Thank-You
- It is possible that some autoers react by running away when whacked with a rubber chicken (This is according to Sir Brendan - If this is not true, please reply)
- People who have autoer accounts generally tend to have multiple accounts running at once. When they do this, they generally take one username, for example, spretef (Just making up random names), and add numbers like 0001 to the end of it. This means, they have accounts named spretef0001,spretef0002 and so on. Seeing groups of these are most likely considered autoers.
Feel free to reply to this topic with Reliable/Unreliable ways to spot autoers.
- Many people say talking to a character who is leveling and they arent talking means that the character is automatically an autoer. Just because you talk, either, a) They have been Muted by a Player Moderator, They dont want to talk to you, c) They have you on their ignore list, or d) They private chat is turned off.
- People say that because somebody leveling on a high level tree with a low level axe (like bronze or iron) is automatically an autoer, because they are not using a rune or dragon axe. Maybe they cannot afford a rune axe, and are cutting the trees down to get their money towards one.
- One way TO NOT distinguish an autoer from others. If they are not wearing any armour, clothing etc. This does not mean they are an autoer. They may just not want to carry the extra weight around while running to bank.
Updated this topic with the one on the old forums!