Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Keeshthewolf : (Oct 22,2014 20:13) I did.
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 20:05) if you click on the link in the green box above this shoutbox, you can find partners for the quest there :)
Keeshthewolf : (Oct 22,2014 19:53) Looking for a black arm gang member for heroes quest.
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 17:59) Clan Advert up for Serene Souls :D
A851 : (Oct 22,2014 17:54) really need a heros partner for phenix :(
xHydroDankx : (Oct 22,2014 17:38) Wow RuneHQ is still running strong? Lol I just redownloaded I'm making a new character now Dislexicevol add me <3
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 17:37) Trisky, if you click on the link in the green box above this shoutbox, you can find partners for the quest there :)
Trisky : (Oct 22,2014 17:05) I need shield of arrav/heroes partner, or just heroes, any clan. you can reach me on twit: @triskyyy Thanks!
eimmitx : (Oct 22,2014 17:00) anyone online?
senug : (Oct 22,2014 16:31) I will be there :)
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 16:21) Wish I could come :(
Sliver : (Oct 22,2014 16:18) RuneHQ Ape Atoll Agility event starts in 42m! World: 60 FC: Kunio
taylon1337 : (Oct 22,2014 16:06) grats
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 15:55) Go go go!
senug : (Oct 22,2014 15:45) No not yet but 63k left :)
Jigerkiller : (Oct 22,2014 14:06) arrav
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 13:01) Eeeeek congratulations! Have you got it now?
senug : (Oct 22,2014 12:44) Thanks
Rednar : (Oct 22,2014 9:03) Nice grats!
senug : (Oct 22,2014 5:57) Whoo, almost 99 strength. Got like 85k xp left :D

Photo

Feb 28, 2012 - Spin and Win on the Squeal of Fortune!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,056 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

Feeling lucky? We're proud to present the Squeal of Fortune: a game of chance available to free players once daily, and members twice per day. There are some fantastic prizes on offer: some exclusive; some powerful; and some...well...nutritious, at least. Everyone's a winner, and it's quick and easy to play every day!

Posted Image
As soon as you log in, you’ll be greeted by Yelps, the host of Squeal of Fortune. Interact with him to start things spinning, and then hit the big, red button see what you’ve won.

Each time you play, you'll see a selection of items to win, randomly chosen from Yelps's huge stash of loot. There’ll always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment, a hefty XP lamp or an eye-watering number of GP, so there’s a chance to win big every time.

There's also a range of exclusive items that can only be obtained through Squeal of Fortune, including a goblin hat, demonic horns and some amazing head tattoos.

Posted Image

There are many practical prizes on offer to help you on your adventures too, including gems, coins, arrows and magic runes. Even if you don’t get that shiny swag you had your eye on, there'll always be tomorrow – and you can never have too many cabbages.
Good luck, and have fun!

Further Details
  • To play, log into the game, and click the interface icon that appears on-screen. You can drag this anywhere on the screen, and it will appear in that position whenever you log in. The button will disappear for the day once you used your available spins.
  • Members can spin twice per day, and free players once. This resets at midnight, GMT/BST.
  • Please note that many of the more illustrious items to be won in Squeal of Fortune are non-tradable.
  • Take a look at our forum FAQ if you have further questions.
Mod Nexus

In Other News
  • We’ve added voice overs to NPCs in the Troll Warzone area, including two voiced by the winners of our recent competition. Pump up the volume and take a tour of the town!
  • There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding. You can stop these being broadcast from yourself by switching off your private chat. Please note – if you have private chat off at the time of the update and wish to block announcements, you’ll need to switch private chat on and then off again. You can also filter out announcements from other players through the "Game" filter options in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Squeal of Fortune FAQ

What is this Squeal of Fortune thing?

Squeal of Fortune is every adventurer’s chance to win big! Every day you sign in to RuneScape, Yelps the goblin will invite you to try your luck on the Squeal of Fortune for a chance to win a huge prize. Whether you’re a seasoned RuneScape veteran or are still discovering Lumbridge, everyone’s a winner in this game of luck! Prizes vary from essential edibles to epic exclusives. That’s right, you simply can’t lose!

Who is Yelps?

Yelps is a magnanimous goblin blessed with a streak of benevolence and a very punchable face. Every day, you’ll have chance to have a go at both of Yelps’s most noteworthy features, as he’s the ‘host’ of Squeal of Fortune.

Why have you introduced Squeal of Fortune?

Who doesn’t enjoy a little windfall from time to time? Everyone should feel the rush of winning and Squeal of Fortune delivers a win with every spin! From RuneScape’s finest vegetables to a host of once-in-a-lifetime items, Yelp has acquired a bottomless stash of awesome stuff just waiting to be shared with you.

How does it work?

For every spin, Yelp looks at his stash of prizes and chooses 13 (lucky for some!) items to be placed onto the Squeal of Fortune. Then don your lucky underwear, cross your fingers and let luck take control as you hit the ‘STOP’ button and your prize is revealed. If you’re a member then don’t uncross your fingers just yet; you’ve got a second win to spin. Yes, members get double the number of spins per day!

What can I win?

Yelps’s generosity knows no bounds! You might be lucky enough to take home the greenest and purest of organic cabbages, a much sought after tailor-made godsword, or maybe something even more desirable still!

How often can I try my luck?

RuneScape members get two spins every day! If you’re free to play, you can still win big by spinning the Squeal of Fortune once per day.

As a free player, can I still spin the Squeal of Fortune?

Absolutely! Free players also have the chance to win the prize of their dreams by spinning the wheel once every day.

If I spin the wheel more than once, might I win two of the same prize?

It’s random, so you sure can. Luck can work in mysterious ways!

What unique rewards are there?

There are just too many to list them all here, but don’t worry; we’ll be giving regular updates on who’s won what and what new items are being added to Yelps’s wheel. Stay tuned!

Are prizes going to be tradable?

We have no plans for the high value items to be tradable.

What happens if I die with the non-tradable items from the Squeal of Fortune?

The non tradable items are “Destroyed on Drop” and you can choose to keep them in the “Items Kept on Death” interface. They will not be in your gravestone upon your return.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop-1.png

#2 senug

senug

Slayer Noob / Mentor

• Community Crew
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

So this is what the "worms" teaser was about :P

Should try it out. Wonder if it's permanent?

senug5.pngRS3
Senug5.pngOSRS sig.

#3 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

Intellectual Ancient Mage

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

10k coins and a medium lamp.

#4 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,056 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Added the FAQ too - now if i could actually get a response from login server and go try it first-hand...

Edit: I'm true to my bad luck: 10K and one(!) air rune

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop-1.png

#5 Guest_JT Domepiece_*

Guest_JT Domepiece_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Medium and Small Lamp, some decent XP

#6 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

Intellectual Ancient Mage

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

It would really suck to be F2P right now...

Posted Image

Most, if not all times, the rare rewards are all members only.. and if you happen to get a members item, you have to subscribe before you can even claim it. Can't even get it now and subscribe at a later date.

#7 Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, looking at this update more, I'm liking it less and less - from the F2P or the P2P perspective... Seems like this could have very serious negative implications for the Runescape member economy.
Self-proclaimed F2P Veteran, past RHQ Mentor.

What am I up to? Read my log and find out!
._.

#8 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,117 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I want to get a AGS!

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#9 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

What in the world??

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#10 BennyTalent

BennyTalent

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

10k and 10k Prayer Experience

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Guest_JT Domepiece_*

Guest_JT Domepiece_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Did it again due to the timezone difference... Thanks for the 100 coins Jagex >.> *Facedesk*

#12 Guest_gatling_*

Guest_gatling_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

1'st+2nd spins on members - 50 coins and 1 water rune
1st on f2p - pray lamp .... for my mage + def only pure ...

3rd on members - medium lamp 2.5k pray exp (at lvl 72) - 4th 5000gp
2nd on f2p - 50 coins

...... no luck so far

#13 Brackenbury

Brackenbury

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

I like this, but it's got a ways to go before it's real good. They need to make a f2p wheel and a p2p wheel, so f2p aren't getting cheated out of spins.

#14 Roryc22

Roryc22

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

got a small lamp and a rune platebody today, not the worst i got, (the worst being 2x 50gp)
Posted Image

#15 QueenSteffie

QueenSteffie

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

I just got a medium lamp (6,990 xp) and a huge lamp (27,959 xp). I put it all toward Prayer. Posted Image

#16 Defender226

Defender226

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

I hate how it always somehow just misses a rare reward.... fight the system! ^.^
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Avaricious

Avaricious

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Tbh I Don't agree how they did the member's item claim. I believe it would have been better if they had made them claimable but unusable in f2p.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,905 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...
  • the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.