Feeling lucky? We're proud to present the Squeal of Fortune: a game of chance available to free players once daily, and members twice per day. There are some fantastic prizes on offer: some exclusive; some powerful; and some...well...nutritious, at least. Everyone's a winner, and it's quick and easy to play every day!
As soon as you log in, you’ll be greeted by Yelps, the host of Squeal of Fortune. Interact with him to start things spinning, and then hit the big, red button see what you’ve won.
Each time you play, you'll see a selection of items to win, randomly chosen from Yelps's huge stash of loot. There’ll always be a grand prize, such as a godsword, some dragon equipment, a hefty XP lamp or an eye-watering number of GP, so there’s a chance to win big every time.
There's also a range of exclusive items that can only be obtained through Squeal of Fortune, including a goblin hat, demonic horns and some amazing head tattoos.
Good luck, and have fun!
- To play, log into the game, and click the interface icon that appears on-screen. You can drag this anywhere on the screen, and it will appear in that position whenever you log in. The button will disappear for the day once you used your available spins.
- Members can spin twice per day, and free players once. This resets at midnight, GMT/BST.
- Please note that many of the more illustrious items to be won in Squeal of Fortune are non-tradable.
- Take a look at our forum FAQ if you have further questions.
In Other News
- We’ve added voice overs to NPCs in the Troll Warzone area, including two voiced by the winners of our recent competition. Pump up the volume and take a tour of the town!
- There are now server-wide announcements, broadcast when a player achieves something particularly outstanding. You can stop these being broadcast from yourself by switching off your private chat. Please note – if you have private chat off at the time of the update and wish to block announcements, you’ll need to switch private chat on and then off again. You can also filter out announcements from other players through the "Game" filter options in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Squeal of Fortune FAQ
What is this Squeal of Fortune thing?
Squeal of Fortune is every adventurer’s chance to win big! Every day you sign in to RuneScape, Yelps the goblin will invite you to try your luck on the Squeal of Fortune for a chance to win a huge prize. Whether you’re a seasoned RuneScape veteran or are still discovering Lumbridge, everyone’s a winner in this game of luck! Prizes vary from essential edibles to epic exclusives. That’s right, you simply can’t lose!
Who is Yelps?
Yelps is a magnanimous goblin blessed with a streak of benevolence and a very punchable face. Every day, you’ll have chance to have a go at both of Yelps’s most noteworthy features, as he’s the ‘host’ of Squeal of Fortune.
Why have you introduced Squeal of Fortune?
Who doesn’t enjoy a little windfall from time to time? Everyone should feel the rush of winning and Squeal of Fortune delivers a win with every spin! From RuneScape’s finest vegetables to a host of once-in-a-lifetime items, Yelp has acquired a bottomless stash of awesome stuff just waiting to be shared with you.
How does it work?
For every spin, Yelp looks at his stash of prizes and chooses 13 (lucky for some!) items to be placed onto the Squeal of Fortune. Then don your lucky underwear, cross your fingers and let luck take control as you hit the ‘STOP’ button and your prize is revealed. If you’re a member then don’t uncross your fingers just yet; you’ve got a second win to spin. Yes, members get double the number of spins per day!
What can I win?
Yelps’s generosity knows no bounds! You might be lucky enough to take home the greenest and purest of organic cabbages, a much sought after tailor-made godsword, or maybe something even more desirable still!
How often can I try my luck?
RuneScape members get two spins every day! If you’re free to play, you can still win big by spinning the Squeal of Fortune once per day.
As a free player, can I still spin the Squeal of Fortune?
Absolutely! Free players also have the chance to win the prize of their dreams by spinning the wheel once every day.
If I spin the wheel more than once, might I win two of the same prize?
It’s random, so you sure can. Luck can work in mysterious ways!
What unique rewards are there?
There are just too many to list them all here, but don’t worry; we’ll be giving regular updates on who’s won what and what new items are being added to Yelps’s wheel. Stay tuned!
Are prizes going to be tradable?
We have no plans for the high value items to be tradable.
What happens if I die with the non-tradable items from the Squeal of Fortune?
The non tradable items are “Destroyed on Drop” and you can choose to keep them in the “Items Kept on Death” interface. They will not be in your gravestone upon your return.