Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 21:53) Ima so Awesome ima #1 on many many lists. Urs is just one more. :bb: :aggressive:
Top D : (Apr 18,2014 21:13) Only killed after 3 other players wore him down :P. Bragging about kills and having frags makes people #1 on my target list :)
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 20:58) :bunny: That's why the bunny shakes his azz. He says na-na-na come and get me. :P
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 20:56) :woot: Noobie Nirvana, killed no. 1 player:

Tatty613 attacked Double_D_Edd with a Rune throwing axe (1555 str) and took off 404!
Double_D_Edd has 0 HP left!
You gain: 1000 GP!
Double_D_Edd is now dead, therefore cannot counterattack!!!!
You gain 1 frag(s) (0 stolen).

*.*
3ter 1 : (Apr 18,2014 20:38) yup. Whenever I get done killing people, I suicide b/c I figure I'll have acquired too many frags.
Bob : (Apr 18,2014 20:15) That's a death wish. Nobody active can stay at the top for much more than a few hours LOL.
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 20:09) :bunny: And the noobie races to the top of the frag race :D
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:59) Liar! :butcher:
Spark : (Apr 18,2014 16:58) Apparently i lied
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:57) tri_killer2 is fc
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:52) ok I'm there lol
Spark : (Apr 18,2014 16:48) Yeah that's definitely 100% the friends chat we're using
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:46) oh it changed lo
Spark : (Apr 18,2014 16:45) If you're coming along to our Crystal Tree hunt it starts in 1 hour: World 60, Friends Chat: RichardRahl6
Kittyhawk : (Apr 18,2014 16:15) Nice, now its up to deciding what to stream
Super Fly : (Apr 18,2014 15:59) Yay!
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 15:59) Yay! Now what's twitch? Lol
James : (Apr 18,2014 15:56) .... and we're live!
http://www.twitch.tv/officialrunehq
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 14:44) Welcome CapnObvious and clanascent!!
Sliver : (Apr 18,2014 14:15) RuneHQ Crystal Tree hunting event starts in 2 hours 45 mins! World: 60 FC: Tri Killer2

Photo

Phishing; The Silent Enemy. The Do's and Don'ts

Safety Information

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

Chatot

• Community Crew
  • 1,771 posts
  • RS Name:Kitty hawk
  • RS Member:Yes
  • Clan:RuneHQ
  • God Alignment:The Godless
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

So the newest email one I've noticed is the loyalty points lure. I've had two types of this one so far, one saying congrats you got 5000 bonus loyalty points, and one saying just you got your loyalty points for this month. If I was going to fall for one of these, it would probably be the second one. Since it isn't offering anything special or extra I was tempted for half a moment to actually click the link, and I knew the email was fake from the moment I opened it.

Kitty_Hawk.png

#22 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • RS Name:Varunky
  • God Alignment:I don't want to choose
  • Featured Member

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Check the source of the emails. All the ones I keep getting say they are from "
cameront@sharks8.sharkshost (removed ".com" for possible security reasons)" when I investigate.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#23 Guest_Sinayr_*

Guest_Sinayr_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

The e-mail trick almost had me. But then I went to the RS home page...HACK AVERTED

#24 Guest_Skylinerw_*

Guest_Skylinerw_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

I would like to add that the majority of the Youtube scams I see reside at Pest Control. It's sad to see that, in the comments of the videos, a user posts their username and follows the false link in the description.. then minutes later, that same account is autotalking the scam at Pest Control. I do what I can to put an end to these scams, such as reporting the video as a scam.. but that's almost NEVER enough. Youtube doesn't do too good a job at removing videos like this.

Google has a service of their own here: http://www.google.co.../report_phish/. I've used it today on a link that a Youtube scam provides, and shortly after, the link provided any viewer with a big, ol' "This is a phishing website!" notice. Even though Google owns Youtube, it seems that Google directly is more reliable. I also do a whois.net search on the phishing link to dig down to the webhost, and report an abuse. It's come through several times, but as long as people are gullible, this form of phishing will always remain..

#25 Keata Kat

Keata Kat

Lots of fluffiness, but beware the claws..

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • RS Name:Keata
  • God Alignment:Zaros

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

So here's a new one that totally would have caught me out, had they not messed up the link :S ==

Subject title: Stellar Dawn - You are a beta tester!
Hi,

Thank you for your application. We are happy to announce you are one of our beta testers!

We have spent many years working towards this game and we need you to help us find bugs or other issues with the game before we release it to the public.

Please follow this link to our of beta version of the game. (You can use your RuneScape account or your Stellar Dawn account to login)

-link-

We look forward to seeing you in space,

The Stellar Dawn Team

From Jagex ltd as usual,

I eagerly got on the link given, but for some reason they messed it up and it didn't work. Thankfully I had Mr Roo on skype with me, who told me to check if it was real - and the link ofc had a spelling error in it (stelardawn).. crisis averted.

Fairly shaken up atm, thought I was more clever than that XD

So yeah.. be careful.

#26 Lonewolf5764

Lonewolf5764

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • RS Name:Fatedkiller3

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

Oh wow. I recived that email. I literally have it in my other tab, and was about to do that. Thanks, alot
Posted Image <----All credit to brandon thanks bro :DPosted Image

#27 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 1,965 posts
  • RS Name:graystar

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

Jagex has opened an e-mail address you can forward all your phishing e-mails to:

From Runescape forums; QFC 275-276-2-63482276

Hey Everyone,

We really appreciate all the information you have provided us in our battle against Phishers.

While we research and work continuously to improve our account security features in order to better protect you, our players, within your game, it is a fact that those who seek to ruin others enjoyment of RuneScape, also continue to attempt new ways of scamming legitimate players out of their accounts and hard earned items and XP.

So, we have created a new email address here at Jagex: reportphishing@jagex.com and what we would like you to do is FORWARD any phishing emails you receive to this address.

If you have not received a phishing email but you know of a URL anyway that you suspect to be related to account security, please feel free to send this to us as well, it's the same reporting email address for phishing emails and phishing websites - reportphishing@jagex.com.

That way, we have all the necessary info in one place and we can focus on getting these sites removed. Please remember to FORWARD and not copy and paste for phishing emails, we need to see all the info in the original email in order to be able to take effective action.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Mod Stevew

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop.png

#28 DarkDevourer

DarkDevourer

Ex-Events Team Member

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • RS Name:DarkDevourer

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

People will do anything to ruin other peoples fun.
Posted Image
Posted Image
A big thank you to Brandon for the signature!

#29 Guest_usagisan4_*

Guest_usagisan4_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Didn't even know half of this methods existed. Thanks for the warning!

Posted Image

#30 Doc

Doc

Lord President of Gallifrey

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

I got an email today from what I thought was from Jagex, saying that password recovery was requested. I actually thought that someone was trying to steal my password until I saw this:

"Your verification code will expire at 26-June-2011 14:53. To complete the address change, you will need to enter the validation code from a message that will be sent to your new email address."
Last time I checked it's February 9, 2012. Well after the expiration date.

Nice try, phishers.
Formerly 'hmmm'

#31 Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

I would like to put in an addition to the scams that happened to me at 7:00pm EST. I was contacted (ingame) by RS ServerB39 stating:

You will be contacted my an admin shortly. Please wait.

Than I was contacted by: Mod Mark stating:

You have been chosen to be a Player Moderator. Submit your proposel at https:// runescapemod.C"om

I sadly, a vet of 8 years, fell for it because I was so excited about the chance to be a player mod. I went to the website, which appeared authentic and submitted my app and thats when they got all my info for I logged in with my user/pass.

I than logged off to play Battleship with my roommate for 30-40 minutes and when I tried to log back in, my password wouldn't be accepted.

They were unable to gain access to my bank, but took my rune pickaxe, ammy of glory & dragon platelegs.

Login IP address was s12.vpnod.com

Please make everyone aware of the new Phishing Scam! I'm afraid many will fall for this one.

http://www.runehq.co...t&attach_id=480 <-- screen shot

Attached Files

Edited by Bumbleflower, 29 February 2012 - 07:12 PM.

moonrise_kingdom1jpeg.png

#32 Avaricious

Avaricious

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 21 posts
  • RS Name:GoogIeMyDDS

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

very nice guide although i have noticed another trend in types of phishing sites that people have been using is a player moderator sign up and to aware everyone I would just like to state that there is no sign up to become a pmod and in order to become one a jagex moderator will send you a message via message center.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Guest_billybob0507_*

Guest_billybob0507_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

thank you!

very helpful!

#34 kjwilliams

kjwilliams

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 19 posts
  • RS Name:Dark Sun Tan
  • God Alignment:Saradomin

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

I think the general rule is to ignore email messages that say they are from Jagex - even if they really do send you an email about your account. Only follow Jagex's messages that are sent to you in their message center. Mean while, just delete the emails on the spot. As for the youtube scams, if someone makes an offer that sounds to as if all of a sudden it just happen for no reason, its probably under the category: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I have no idea what influences these people to prey on RS players, or why they enjoy making people miserable. In the end, karma is going to come around and hit them in the face, and when they get phished by someone else on whole different matter ( unrelated to RS ) they are going to get a taste of their own medicine. Its just plain malicious and illegal.
Dark Sun Tan

Posted Image

#35 Adhiel

Adhiel

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • RS Name:Adhiel
  • Clan:The Fallen

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Great Guide, was going to write one about this topic but I guess I don't need to anymore ^.^

96fw.jpg

Adhiel.png

#36 Diego V Monk

Diego V Monk

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • RS Name:Diego V Monk
  • God Alignment:Zamorak

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sneaky Hobbitses...

This guide is really useful!! I myself have received emails like the aforementioned, but I just sweep delete them and don't even entertain a response.

I really do think that more of an effort on Jagexs behalf should be made to make players aware of what can happen.

U888tcA.png

Thanks to TomUK

#37 Guest_SuperKnight_*

Guest_SuperKnight_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thanks I've had quite a few people trying to steal my account Thx for the help;)

#38 Earthlover

Earthlover

Silent Spider

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • RS Name:Cawder

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

I had an account stolen that put me off runescape for about four years and have just restarted again with a new account.

#39 Mustang

Mustang

Flame Alchemist

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • RS Name:IIMustangII
  • Clan:Rebel Faction
  • God Alignment:Armadyl

User's Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

So the only way Jagex will contact you is by in game mail messages?

mustang_zps64bcb413.pngBacon3_zps34a36181.png

Kudos to Brandon for the signature.

#40 Garagedwella

Garagedwella

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 453 posts
  • RS Name:Garagedwella
  • Clan:MaSoRS
  • God Alignment:Saradomin

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

They may contact you via email in certain circumstance, but this is only if you reach out them using that method first, general speaking they prefer to use the in game message center for just about everything.

Garagedwella

Nobody dies a Virgin because life screws us all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users