Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

PK_Not_Ok : (Apr 24,2014 16:21) Sliver's been to so many events that even James got Sliveritus o.O
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 16:19) WTH? oh it's serial killer gif lol
Spark : (Apr 24,2014 16:13) < my green is sexier
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 15:51) Be Bold, Be different. Go Green. Advanced Members FTW
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 15:46) Wtg Sliver Posted Image
Rednar : (Apr 24,2014 15:38) Eh...
5gatorboy : (Apr 24,2014 15:34) Good job sliver
Sliver : (Apr 24,2014 15:27) :D
James : (Apr 24,2014 15:21) Wow Sliver just got the Events Diety award for being a noob! Posted Image
PK_Not_Ok : (Apr 24,2014 14:45) :P
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 14:04) :dash: oh, lol. i didn't know mem is green >,< I was voting green and didn't know. :sick: :yoshi:
Kittyhawk : (Apr 24,2014 12:43) Sometimes you just give your own self a hug. Posted Image
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 24,2014 11:49) :bunny:
Barabas69 : (Apr 24,2014 11:39) Ooh Loving me smexy new siggy!
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 11:01) Tell all your friends to go GREEN!!!
Senex : (Apr 24,2014 10:28) Awesome Tatty
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 10:26) now my "cuffs and collars" match ;)
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 24,2014 10:25) Tatty613, The newest Green Lantern Recruit! :banana:
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 10:23) this gonna b nice. they need more 'marketing' about y membership is worth it.
AwesomeSmexy : (Apr 24,2014 10:22) oooo, edit and delete posts 0.0

Photo

SOPA/PIPA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Have fun debating. :D Saw there wasn't one about this, have fun with ranting. >3>

I, Kairi

, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#2 DarkDevourer

DarkDevourer

Ex-Events Team Member

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

You just started one hell of a debate!
Posted Image
Posted Image
A big thank you to Brandon for the signature!

#3 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Influential Iron Dragon

• Moderators
  • 569 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

SOPA died coincidentally :o mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/

#4 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

Pay attention. :) This is also a target.

I, Kairi

, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Symbolic

Symbolic

Influential Iron Dragon

• Advanced Members
  • 561 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Both the US Senate and House have respectively postponed proceedural votes next week on PIPA and SOPA. I hadn't heard much about the bills until a few months ago, and it appeared they had quite amount of bi-partisan support at the time. Since then, it has broken up quite a bit. I'm not so sure if this will ever pass and I'm un-sure what the Obama administration's view on this particular matter. But, don't expect this to come up on any primaries this election as a key topic.
Posted Image

#6 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

SOPA and PIPA are designed to tamper with the inner workings of the Internet of the United states to block out unwanted Piracy-related sites. (This will include Youtube, which has who-the-frig-knows how much copyrighted stuff in it). Any US-based servers will be immediately deleted from the internet, if they have so much as one infringing link.

Think about it:
• Fansites have to have written consent from the respective games in order to become even online.
• Any Foreign-based site will be blocked out from US-based servers so they can no longer be used by Citizens that infringe on the SOPA/PIPA base.
• Copyrights are based by big corporations, thus a normal citizen who "Accidentally" infringes on a link can be sent to jail for 5 solid years. With a frig load of fines. :/

My Vote: NO. >O NOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO NEVERRRRR. >/

I, Kairi

#7 Jess

Jess

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

They both stink!
Posted Image

Hostname: Vent.gghq.net
Port: 8325

#8 The Last Dovahkiin

The Last Dovahkiin

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

My answer is definitely no, because it defies what our country was based on in the first place, and ultimately is unconstitutional. :P
Posted Image

#9 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

SOPA died coincidentally Posted Image mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/

Woot. ;D They had frigging better vote no, or we frigging KNOW THEY ARE CORRUPT. >O

CORRUPT LITTLE -Censored by SOPA-

I, Kairi

#10 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 3,651 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm not a american but I'm pretty sure that if this passes that it will still afect me in many ways.Ex:closing down Youtube and RuneHQ :( Sopa/Pipa better not pass!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#11 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Whats funny is how it would have been implemented. The bill would block DNS servers so you couldn't go to http://www.runehq.com. You could still access the IP of the server though (65.248.17.254 looks like that, but those are random numbers)
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#12 Ben

Ben

Shout Killer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Whats funny is how it would have been implemented. The bill would block DNS servers so you couldn't go to http://www.runehq.com. You could still access the IP of the server though (65.248.17.254 looks like that, but those are random numbers)

You are indeed correct. It would also "break" the way in which the DNS system is designed as it wouldn't be returning an "authoritive" response from the DNS when removed. DNS is designed with basic return data that your computer checks against the something to determine if the DNS response is real or fake (very basic but DNSSEC is building upon this).
I've just read an article on torrentfreak about EMIs VP saying he is against it and he mirrors my arguments as to the way forward with regards to piracy. I'll also try to refind the "The Sims 3 - Encouraged to leaked" link.
http://torrentfreak....e-issue-120125/
http://www.industryg...s-demo-program/
Goals:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

The dumbest thing is that when the bills were shelved the movie industry basically admitted to blackmailing and corruption of the government by saying that if the bills weren't passed they would be removing their monetary support from some of the biggest democrats..

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#14 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

LAwlll...

I, Kairi

#15 Kunio

Kunio

Quietly Loud / Events Team Member

• Events Team
  • 739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

HEHAHAHA! dumb old Sopa and Pipa.. denied! Posted Image

Kunio-Kun.png

9t3ajs.png

Check out my progress!